Oct 29, 2014 at 8:17 PM
    1. IanH
      IanH
      Am about 75% of pre-morbid health.
  • About

Birthday:
    Aug 17, 1948 (Age: 66)
    Retired Psychologist/Biochemist
    Diagnosed FM in 1997 and ME in 1999. Forced to give up work in '97.
    In 2004 my wife and daughter were diagnosed ME and MCS. Both had to give up work and daughter had to move from her mold contaminated house in Brisbane. Her second son, born 2005 had ME.
    After 5 years of ME/MCS both my wife and daughter developed FM. This has convinced me that the labels do not tell us we have separate diseases but different expressions of the same illness. After working with patients with all three I am totally convinced that there is an underlying neuro-inflammatory illness which is expressed differently in different people.

My family have all improved mainly with the help of supplements comprising the mitochondrial support protocol plus vitamin D3 5000IU to 10,000IU.

I believe the disease is an neuro-inflammatory condition causing different symptoms in different people, ME/CFS in some, FM in some and MCS in others. Of course these are just symptomatic descriptions at the moment and many people fit the criteria for two or more. I think cures are along way off but we need much more funds for research that will help us understand the illness(es) and enable medical clinicians better understanding.

I have a Ph.D. in psychology and a B.Sc(hons) in biochemistry. I worked as a Psychologist for 30 years before having to give up because of this terrible disease.

After improving, I am able to work part time even though I am now retired.