ljimbo42
Last Activity:
Mar 27, 2017 at 4:40 PM
Disabled, but getting better! Never give up!

ljimbo42

Active Member, Male, from United Staes, New Hampshire

Dysbiosis, causing a leaky gut, mito. dysfunction, a methylation block and all other symptoms, appears to be the root cause of my illness. Mar 10, 2016

ljimbo42 was last seen:
Mar 27, 2017 at 4:40 PM
    1. ljimbo42
      ljimbo42
      Dysbiosis, causing a leaky gut, mito. dysfunction, a methylation block and all other symptoms, appears to be the root cause of my illness.
  • About

Disabled, but getting better! Never give up!
    I've taken many courses of antibiotics up until about 8 years ago, probably 30-40 courses. Had a very high sugar, high carb diet for most of my life, with almost no fresh fruits and veggies at all.

My cfs came on slow over many years and I became disabled in 1989. I was 80-90% bedridden at one point, for several years! Now functioning at a level 5.

I have been on the specific carbohydrate/low fodmap diet (LINK), for 8 months, as of the 24th of January 2017. I have been tested for and had severe dysbiosis.

A few months ago I started taking very low doses of cinnamon for SIBO/dysbiosis, then a few weeks later added oil of oregano and then oregon grape root.

I have VERY slowly gone up on the doses of these supps over the last few months, to minimize die off. I noticed a definite increase in my clarity of mind, energy and less PEM from the anti-microbials.

Diet alone gave me very fleeting benefits, but the diet WITH anti-microbials, has and continues to give me big benefits, I continue to improve! :D

A few weeks ago I added ox bile into my supplement regiment and have seen big benefits from it also. Ox bile is, among other things, a good anti-microbial.

After almost 10 years and many thousands of dollars in supplements. Also, aggressively trying many different protocols, like treating adrenal fatigue, anti-viral treatment, mitochondrial dysfunction treatment, etc.

I am convinced my cfs started from severe dysbiosis- confirmed through testing. Which lead to a leaky gut, causing immune system activation from lipopolysaccharides getting into the bloodstream.

This is causing an immune reaction from the immune system, eventually causing a th2 dominant immune system, which is very common with CFS.

Th-2 dominance is associated with allergies, asthma, eczema, chronic sinusitis, gastric reflux (heartburn), multiple chemical sensitivity, Sjögren's syndrome (link) and other diseases/illnesses.

Immune system activation from lipopolysaccharides causes microglial activation (low grade brain inflammation) and oxidative stress, oxidative stress impairs MANY enzymes in the body.

The oxidative stress and impaired enzymes cause methylation dysfunction,and mitochondrial dysfunction. All together they created my CFS.

This theory explains gut dysfunction, immune system dysfunction, the root cause of oxidative stress, mitochondrial dysfunction, methylation dysfunction and more.