Last Activity:
Aug 30, 2015 at 5:42 PM
Birthday:
Sep 5, 1959 (Age: 55)

ljimbo42

Active Member, Male, 55

ljimbo42 was last seen:
Aug 30, 2015 at 5:42 PM
    1. There are no messages on ljimbo42's profile yet.
  • About

Birthday:
    Sep 5, 1959 (Age: 55)
    I have been disabled since 1989, collecting Social Security Disability since 1993. I was functioning at about 10% up until the middle of May 2014. After treating poor methylation for a year, I had a breakthrough in my methylation cycle that boosted my level of functioning from 10% to 25% virtually overnight (I marked the date on my calendar, it was that profound!) on may 18, 2014.

I also had severe dysbiosis, which has GREATLY improved since I went on a sugar free, very low carb. diet with targeted supplements for Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, a very antibiotic resistant bacteria, (I had a Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis test done).

I took other supplements for dysbiosis in general, like oil of oregano and berberine. My diet is completely free of starches like potatoes, rice, oatmeal, wheat, pasta etc. which feed bacteria further down the digestive tract then "specific carbohydrates".

I am on the specific carbohydrate diet (SCD) and added in a low FODMAP diet, just to be sure I wasn't feeding dysbiotic bacteria. A low FODMAP diet is a diet low in fermentable carbohydrates, that feed dysbiotic bacteria like starches do.

As of today (8-18-15) I am doing extremely well. I am walking several days a week, cooking 3 meals a day, cleaning etc. and feeling better than I have in years! So what do I think caused this huge increase in my health? To put it simply-optimizing methylation and treating dysbiosis/leaky gut.

As many of us know though, treating these things is not easy or fast. It has taken me a little over 2 years to get to this point in treating methylation and dysbiosis/leaky gut, to get this success, and I am not 100% yet. With a lot of determination and a solid goal in mind (getting healthy) I believe everyone can recover from CFS/FM!! Best of luck to all!! Jim