Last Activity:
Dec 22, 2014 at 11:15 AM
Birthday:
Sep 5, 1959 (Age: 55)

ljimbo42

Member, Male, 55

ljimbo42 was last seen:
Dec 22, 2014 at 11:15 AM
    1. There are no messages on ljimbo42's profile yet.
  • About

Birthday:
    Sep 5, 1959 (Age: 55)
    I have been disabled since 1989, collecting Social Security Disability since 1993. I was functioning at about 10% up until the middle of May 2014.

After treating poor methylation for a year, I had a breakthrough that boosted my level of functioning from 10% to 30% virtually overnight in may 2014!

I believe the breakthrough I had was me breaking through a partial methyltion block. It literally happened over night after I reached 6.4 milligrams methylfolate or 6,400 micrograms.

I fully believe that impaired methylation, dysbiosis and leaky gut are the core issues in CFS/FM. Rich Van Konynenburg talked a lot about impaired methylation for many years. I still have intestinal dysbiosis to re-balance and a leaky gut to heal before I start running and lifting weights. : )

Rich van Konynenburg and Dr. Neil Nathan did a study a few years ago. Even though they used a very low dose of methylfolate and folinic acid in their study, (I think it was about 800mcg of folinic acid and methylfolate combined) the results were impressive! 86% of patients improved and 27% improved so much they essentially felt well.

A study needs to be done with methylfolate, methylcobalamin and other supportive nutrients like TMG, SAM-e, NAC etc. for at least a year as well as treating dysbiosis and leaky gut. I think the results would be staggering! The whole methylation cycle needs to be supported for best results.

To fully heal I believe infections from intestinal dysbiosis and a leaky gut need to be addressed with any methylation treatment. Here is a link to their study- http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=16138