ljimbo42
Last Activity:
Jul 24, 2014 at 7:31 AM
Birthday:
Sep 5, 1959 (Age: 54)

ljimbo42

Member, Male, 54

ljimbo42 was last seen:
Viewing forum Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Jul 24, 2014 at 7:31 AM
    1. There are no messages on ljimbo42's profile yet.
  • About

Birthday:
    Sep 5, 1959 (Age: 54)
    I have been disabled since 1989, collecting Social Security Disability since 1993. I was functioning at 10-15% up until the middle of May 2014.

After treating poor methylation for a year, I had a breakthrough that boosted my level of functioning to 35-40% in may 2014. Now that my methylation has "come back online" my body needs some time, probably a few months to fully heal.

I believe the breakthrough I had was me breaking through the partial methyltion block. It literally happened over night after I reached 6.4 milligrams methylfolate or 6,400 micrograms. I fully believe the methylation is the core issue in CFS/FM, just as Rich Van Konynenburg said for many years.

The one flaw I have found with his theory is the dosage of methylfolate needed to break through the partial methylation block, to achieve and maintain good health is FAR more than Rich suggested in his protocol or that he used in his study with Dr. Neil Nathan.

Even though they used a very low dose of methylfolate and folinic acid in their study, ( I think it was about 800mcg of folinic acid and methylfolate combined) the results were impressive! 86% of patients improved and 27% improved so much they essentially felt well.

A study needs to be done with 5-10 mg (5,000-10,000 mcg) methylfolate and for longer, at least a year. Here is a link to their study- http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=16138