Last Activity:
Apr 18, 2015 at 5:31 PM
Birthday:
Sep 5, 1959 (Age: 55)

ljimbo42

Active Member, Male, 55

ljimbo42 was last seen:
Apr 18, 2015 at 5:31 PM
    1. There are no messages on ljimbo42's profile yet.
  • About

Birthday:
    Sep 5, 1959 (Age: 55)
    I have been disabled since 1989, collecting Social Security Disability since 1993. I was functioning at about 10% up until the middle of May 2014.

After treating poor methylation for a year, I had a breakthrough that boosted my level of functioning from 10% to 30% virtually overnight (I marked the date on my calendar, it was that profound!) on may 18, 2014.

I fully believe that impaired methylation, mitochondrial dysfunction, impaired immunity (high th-2 and a low th-1), dysbiosis and leaky gut are the core issues in many or most cases of CFS/FM.
    This is my theory as of now. For myself and many I believe, it starts with genetic mutations, also known as single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP's). Some can be in the methylation cycle, where there are many possible snps, not just the MTHFR snp's.

There are also many other possible snp's like GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1, (Glutathione S-transferases) and others, which are needed to detoxify the body. What many people don't know is that there are many, many, many very common genetic mutations that are needed to make glutathione and help the body to detoxify.

Although for myself, given the huge breakthrough I had with methylcobolamin and methylfolate. I have no doubt that I had a partial methylation block at methionine synthase, and the methylcobalamin and methylfolate helped me break through that partial block.

The impaired methylation leads to immune system dysfunction (high th-2 and low th-1) from low glutathione and severe oxidative stress from low glutathione.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16787218

The oxidative stress from low glutathione causes mitochondrial dysfunction and the immune system dysfunction from the th-1/th-2 imbalance contributes to dysbiosis and leaky gut.

Impaired methylation also limits methyl groups to dna (dna methylation), leading to poor cellular repair and therefore under functioning cells. Which probably plays a role in leaky gut, as well as the dysfunctional immune system in cfs.

Then lipopolysaccharides and other toxins from a leaky gut, enter the bloodstream and cause even further oxidative stress and impair the methylation cycle and mitochondrial function even more.

Lack of glutathione in the brain can cause neuro-inflammation. lipopolysaccharides from leaky gut can also cause neuro-inflammation. Lack of glutathione also impairs liver function, as it is needed in the liver to detoxify certain toxins, again creating more oxidative stress.

This creates a feedback loop or a "locked" dysfunction where the impaired methylation, low glutathione, impaired immune system, leaky gut and mitochondrial dysfunction all "feed"each other and keep one sick.

What I am doing now is treating methylation, but I don't believe that is enough to get glutathione levels high enough to counteract 55 years of low glutathione, impaired immunity, toxins building up in my body, dysbiosis, leaky gut and mitochondrial dysfunction. So I am also slowly raising my doses of alpha lipoic acid, n-acetyl-cysteine, etc, which boost glutathione. Very large doses of alpha lipoic acid, n-acetyl-cysteine and other glutathione boosters will probably be needed.

I am also taking more niacinamide (vitamin b-3) which converts into Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD). NAD helps change oxidized glutathione, which is used up, into reduced glutathione which is the most active form. I will continue to increase my intake of supplements to boost glutathione levels until I get well.

This is in addition to me treating methylation, dysbiosis, leaky gut, mitochondrial dysfunction and impaired th-1/th-2 immunity. Nobody said getting well would be easy! : ) Good health to all!!