Search results | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Search results

1. Mikie

PORCH 1213 IS NOW OPEN (8/5/20)

Hi, Kids, Julie, glad you were able to get to the Porch and fill us in on everything. I am so glad your SIL got through the surgery okay and her cognitive function has not suffered. That's scary stuff. I'll continue to pray she does well. Glad you and your neighbor got things straightened...
  2. Mikie

Hi, Kids, Finished the paper and puzzles. The clouds are again rolling in. Keeping my fingers crossed for the elusive rain. I'm still just flat out exhausted. When I went to Publix, I noticed that a Muscovy Duck pair's five chicks have grown a lot since I saw them a week ago. There is a...
  3. Mikie

Good Sunday Morning, Kids, Slept closer to nine hours last night. SV is so good now that he goes back to sleep when I tell him to. It helps a lot but I'm on my full dose of my BP med and it makes me sleepy during the day. I'm looking to tuck into the Sunday paper. Rock, I found all the...
  4. Mikie

Hi, Kids, Should have known better about mentioning how much better I felt. I hit the wall shortly thereafter. Not one to let exhaustion go to waste, I watched a movie on HULU, The Peanutbutter Falcon. It's one of those movies like Forrest Gump that is one misadventure after another but it...
  5. Mikie

Burning pain in legs and skin sensitivity

Dear Mary, I'm not sure I was very clear in my response. Research on diabetics or prediabetics who cut the carbs show they often lower their cholesterol. The book I mentioned is loaded with good info for those without diabetes too. Good luck to you. Hugs, Mikie
  6. Mikie

Hi, Kids, Was gonna hop in the tub before finishing my cleaning in here and decided to drop in first. So glad I did. Sun, it's nice to see your post but it's agonizing to read about all the pain you are in that is causing a lack of sleep. Is there anything you can take for the pain just...
  7. Mikie

Burning pain in legs and skin sensitivity

Hi, Mary, I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. I don't know whether this is a side effect of statins but it sounds like it could be neuropathy. Do your legs ever tingle as though they have gone to sleep? Neuropathy seems to run in families too. I would suggest researching statins and...
  8. Mikie

Good Saturday Morning, Kids, Another eight hours of sleep last night. Woo Hoo! It really makes a difference. We have a good crop of squirrels this year. I'm watching four of them chasing one another all over the place. We have tall palm trees on the side between me and the pool and they...
  9. Mikie

Hi, Kids, Good Grief! No wonder my heart rate is high. My BP probably is too. Just got a copy of our flood ins. bill from the mgmt. co. bookkeeper. I have repeatedly asked her to stamp or write the date on bills when they are received. She never does this. Today is the 7th and the policy...
  10. Mikie

Hi, Kids, Been like a whirlwind today. I have a skotch of NRG so am making hay while the sun shines or striking while the iron is hot. I took the clothing and luggage to the thrift store. They are so nice there. Glad to get that big luggage out of here. I stopped on the way home at Publix...
  11. Mikie

Good Friday Morning, Kids, SV and I slept in til almost 6:00 this morning but he woke me up toward the end wanting me to get up. Still, I snoozed a bit off and on before finally getting up. All in all, I got eight hours of sleep. I love the people at my dentist's office but going out anywhere...
  12. Mikie

Hi, Kids, Just got a text from DD that she made the Honor Roll. She is the one who is working on another degree in design for her business. She has a BA in Marketing but is getting this associate degree from the community college. Her final grade in the computer design class involved...
  13. Mikie

Barry, here is the article. I tried inserting the link but it didn't work so I copied it for you. You and all our Porchies can subscribe to the email newsletter for free. PH has good articles. Love, Mikie Active Epstein-Barr Infections Found In Large ME/CFS Study By Cort Johnson •...
  14. Mikie

Good Thursday Morning, Kids, Woke with stuffed up nose and cough. It's the allergies. AACCKK!! News said they are rampant right now. I have to go to the dentist at 10:00 this morning. Not worried about picking up the virus because they clean so well and they wear protective gear while...
  15. Mikie

Hi, Kids, Just been resting. Had a Hungry Man turkey dinner for lunch. I buy them on BOGO and keep around for when I don't want to cook and nothing raw appeals to me. Temp in here has only dropped to 79 but it's 91 out so it may take a while for it to drop to 77. The air coming out of the...
  16. Mikie

Hi, Kids, Really good news--my A/C guy had a part and the thing is up and running again. It had gotten to 81 in here. It's down to 80 and will likely get back to 77 in a while. Getting parts is difficult now. If he had had to order it, it might have taken a week just for the part. Having a...
  17. Mikie

Hi, Kids, Just had to call my A/C guy. It won't cool below 80 degrees in here. He's gonna stop by today when he can. It actually feels fairly comfortable so I'm hoping he can goose it up until he can put in a new unit. This one is old. He is so busy and there has been a three week wait for...
  18. Mikie

PORCH 1212 IS NOW CLOSED (7/30/20)

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE. LOOK FOR PORCH 1213. THANK YOU!
  19. Mikie

Happy Hump Day, Kids, Just another day here in Groundhog Dayville. Thought I'd pay homage to the humble groundhog. I shouldn't whine because I don't have the virus (knock on wood) and I'm free to come and go. I don't go anywhere because, when I think about it, I ask myself whether it's worth...
  20. Mikie

PORCH 1212 IS NOW CLOSED (7/30/20)

Hi, Kids, I'm better than yesterday but still not getting anything done. On Sunday, Claudia brought something over she wanted me to read. She had it in a tote bag. Yesterday when I went to get it out of the bag, the scent hit me in the face. It smells sooo strong like scented dryer sheets...