-:¦:- FAVORITE -:¦:- YOUTUBE -:¦:- VIDEOS -:¦:-

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 4everkid, Apr 7, 2008.

1. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Another board I visit has a regular thread where people post their favorite videos. I always look forward to new additions! I thought it would be fun to do that here!

What's YOUR favorite youtube videos? Funny, inspiring, cute, shocking, adorable, musical.... whatever you got! A brief description would probably be a good idea.

Here's a few to start off:

Star Wars according to a 3 year old:

A Sneezing baby panda! Cracks me up every time!

"funny dog" doesn't do this one justice:

4 young Norwegian men singing "Hallelujah"... Unique voices, and amazing harmony! I found this while searching for Jason Castro's version of the same song.

[This Message was Edited on 04/07/2008]
  2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

My whole family got a good laugh over the sneezing baby panda!!! That was sooo cute/funny!

I will copy and paste the post I did around Christmas time w/our youtube video. If you didn't see it, I hope it gives you a smile. Here it is:

I just had to share this. Some of the firefighters at my husband's station were able to get a hold of some festive Christmas costumes. He brought home one of a funny reindeer. He called me ahead of time and told me to videotape him running in the backyard with it on. We set it up and played a prank on our kids.

Their reaction and my husband running across the backyard in this suit made for one hilarious video! You can copy and paste the link below. I hope you enjoy it and get a good laugh! Hugs, Kim :)

PS Notice how my son locks the door right away! Lol!
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

You're right. Lots of great videos on Youtube. Unfortunately
    a lot of them won't play, at least not for me.

Here's one I found yesterday. Bonnie Guitar sings a song she wrote. It's a rather primitive home video; her kids and some friends help out.

Don't remember Bonnie? She made lots of recordings in the 50s and 60s. Her biggest hit was Dark Moon back when I was in high school. Gale Storm (My Little Margie) had a hit w/ the same song at the same time.

Bonnie did not have the typical twangy country-western voice. She had a beautiful voice like some pop singers used to have: Joe Stafford, Pat Boone, Temmessee Ernie, etc. Bonnie is about 84 in the video. Still a trace of her smooth vocalism left.

If you haven't seen Kim's reindeer video, check it out.

Have to go see if I can hear the Norskies singing Allelujah.

Jeff Dunham is pretty funny alright. He has several dummies including one that looks like Edgar Bergen's Morimter Snerd.

[This Message was Edited on 04/08/2008]
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Homeward Bound- a military tribute. It is beautiful and makes me cry....

I've been working through Jane Austen movies:
    Sense and Sensibility
    Northanger Abbey
    Becoming Jane
    Pride and Prejudice
    Mansfield Park

I think I have a Jane Austen illness!
  5. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I just love watching those NICE Guidelines going up in flames.

6. rockgor

A very nice video on CFS/ME. I posted a comment suggesting people might want to check out the ProHealth site.

7. Jorgie

Jorgie New Member

I love to share the videos I find!

Johnny Cash Does Elvis ( i just found this one this week)

One more for Mr. Cash playin San Quentin in San Quentin

Weapon of Choice by Fatboy Slim. Mr. Walkin does such a good job. Did you know he was formally trained a jazz dancer?

Fighter Jets

Flying through the swiss alps in an A4(short chase by mirage2000)

Ever wonder what skiing and gliding would be like? me neither but this guy does it down(and off the side of the eiger)
  8. kholmes

kholmes New Member

You just made me waste over an hour watching these videos on Youtube.

Actually, I enjoyed all of them. Boltchik, the reindeer costume video was priceless!

Greatly enjoyed the comedy and music videos, as well as the video of the guy who hang-glided/skied down the north face of the Eiger. Loved the NICE CFS guidelines going up in flames, also.

Rock, I also found a video of Bonnie Guitar singing "Shenandoah." Very beautiful.

Great post, 4everkid.

[This Message was Edited on 04/08/2008]
  9. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Hi Rock and Ken, glad you enjoyed the reindeer video, it still gives me a laugh and a smile. Thanks for watching it.

I am looking forward to taking the time to check out some of the other ones that have been suggested. Fun post 4everkid! Kim :)
  10. ckball

ckball New Member

I finally got another video posted of Missy and Twy, this was done before Twy had her accident-I can't let her jump for a while yet- enjoy- Carla

11. Jorgie

Jorgie New Member

This video has 4.6 Million hits on you tube. You may have seen it. I can identify with this guy I played a punk version in our talent show... and I played bass guitar([movie quote] take that cello turn it on it's side CH-ELLO!)

Edgar Cruz - Bohemian Rhapsody (played on a 12 string guitar and damn near perfect)

Ever wanted to fly like a bird? Well this is about as close as we can get.

Paul Potts
  12. rockgor

Fly like a bird, indeed! Looks like lots of fun. Also looks too scary for me. At my age I don't jump off anything higher than an unabridged dictionary.

13. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

I knew this would be fun!

Boltchik, your reindeer hubby is hilarious! The kids will remember that one forever!

Lindy - Beautiful rendition of Danny Boy! And I love the Bocelli/Brightman song. I remember seeing him on tv, back when he was relatively new, and being blown away by his incredible voice. Shortly after that, I bought the CD - my first and only opera CD.

Hangin - who can resist a laughing baby? The only thing better is 4 laughing babies! Loved "Hallelujah" already, no matter who does it. Always glad to hear some Dylan. They don't play him enough on the radio!

Rock - Bonnie was a bit before my time I guess, but I did enjoy her songs Shenandoah and Yellow bird. I prefer the twang-less country vocalists. That video led me to the Mills Bros singing Yellow Bird, then to Chet Atkins playing the song. Ahh the memories... I love youtube!

YC1 - watched several of the Jeff Dunham videos. He's good!

Hangin- That poor dog! I noticed that the cereal was called "Good Friends." Poor guy was just lonely. Okay, take the box off his head now!
    The skateboarding bulldog not only is able to do it, he has really mastered his craft! He seems to really enjoy it.
    The spray paint artist is phenomenal! So realistic, in an otherworldly sort of way. Way cool!
    Never been a fan of Joni Mitchell, but loved the K.D. Lang song. She also has a great version of Hallelujah. We're getting quite a Hallelujah collection going now!

(Kjade - wherever you are, that's YOUR cue. There is one still missing from the compilation.)

The CFS video was very informative. I learned stuff I didn't know.

teejkay - that was great! Do they have one where they burn the "FM's all in your head" guidelines?

Molly - Beautiful was right! The song was great too! How long ago was that recorded?

Jorgie - Johnny does Elvis is great! (A feat that should only be attempted by the young and agile!)
    Loved the Walken dance! Whodathunk CW was capable of this?
    Cool jets, and the majestic Alps are beautiful and seemingly never ending! (interesting music too.)
    The virtual ski trip was intense! I would NEVER try that in person, even if I was young and healthy. But it is fascinating to watch from that perspective.

Carla - Your girls are as adorable as ever! Not just smart but so pretty too. Hope Twy is healing up nicely after her injury.
  14. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

I can't believe I overlooked this gem!
    "Effects of Drugs and Alcohol on Spider Webs"
    (May not be appropriate for the kiddies)

Anyone who dares to watch this will never forgive me for the after effects. I apologize in advance.
    "Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep" -- Euro Go-Go music!
    Warning: Once you hear it, it will NEVER leave you!

Five seconds of heavy drama:

Music lovers, primate lovers...this one's for YOU:
  15. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Your dogs are the cutest. They are so smart. That was really neat.

Thanks for sharing.
  16. poets

poets Member

The effect of drugs on spiders was hilarious! It started out so serious.
  17. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Welcome to the chat board Poets! I love that one too. At first, it seems like some film you would watch in school or something. The narrator even has that certain educational film kind of voice.
    (It's so far down the list, I was afraid no one would see it.)

Hope you stick around! Judging by your profile, you should fit in nicely here.
  18. rockgor

videos. The guys did an excellent job w/ Danny Boy. Of course the Welsh are famous for their male choirs.

Remember the old movie Summerstock w/ Judy Garland, Gene Kelly, and a many of the MGM gang? At the end of the movie Judy does one of the great song and dance numbers: Forget your troubles, Com'on get Happy!

The site address seems to be too long to post, but if you go to Youtube and type Judy's name in the search window, you will find it.

The final scene is inconsistent w/ the movie. It was shot months after the rest of the movie so Judy could lose weight and get off pills. If there are still people 1000 years from now, they'll probably be enjoying this number.

On the same page, you can find Rufus Wainwright doing the same number w/ the same choreography.

19. victoria

victoria New Member

(Will Ferrell)

LOL - Just want ya to know, thanks to this post, I've spent a LOT of time looking at most/all of these... great when insomniac or brain-dead/fogged, TOO!

I also originally posted a bunch but somehow didn't make it on to the thread... :(

20. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

like this one, WHAT IT'S LIKE TO HAVE A STROKE.