-:¦:- LOST FANS - GOOD NEWS! -:¦:-

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 4everkid, Apr 11, 2008.

1. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

How is everyone doing? Are you all surviving the hiatus without Lost so far?

Well here's some great news. Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse were in talks with ABC to produce an extra hour of Lost for season 4. They got the green light!

Originally, part 2 of Lost's season finale was going to be broadcast on May 22, the same night as Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy's finales. But Grey's has a 2 hour finale, so there was a scheduling problem.

So it's going to go like this.

May 15
    8 pm: Ugly Betty
    9 pm: Grey's Anatomy
    10 pm: Lost (part 1 finale)

May 22
    8 pm: Ugly Betty finale
    9-11 pm: Two-hour Grey's Anatomy finale

May 29
    8 pm: Lost encore (part 1 finale)
    9-11 pm: Two-hour Lost finale

So we will have to have a week off in there, but by waiting, we get a 2 hour finale. And with the rerun on beforehand, we get to see the whole 3 hours in one night! That's what I call Lostday! Woo Hoo!!!

According to Kristin Dos Santos, here's WHY they wanted the extra hour:

"Word is there are so many big reveals the producers wanted to deliver this season that they felt anything less than a full three-hour finale would have cheated the fans. In fact, I'm hearing that the writers' draft for the second half of the finale was 80 pages long, which led all parties involved to realize these stories had to be told now. Anything else would have felt like a rip-off for the fans."

So there it is. You might not like the fact that we get nothing on May 22, but it sounds like the payoff will be worth it!

[This Message was Edited on 04/11/2008]
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

A three hour lost day!! I am in heaven!!

I don't mind missing a week because I'll get to see Ugly Betty and Grey's finales that day and I like those shows too!!

Wow! I cannot wait for this!!

Thanks for the heads up!

3. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

You're always so dependably LOST!!! When is the next epi due to air? In April or May? I must say, TV has been dreadfully boring lately. Nothing to look forward to without LOST being on, ya know?
  4. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Dar, I watch Grey's too. Glad it's coming back soon.

I agree that one week off is worth it to get a 2 hour finale. After the 8 month wait, then this mini hiatus, what's one measly week? I was upset that they were going to have to spit the finale. I want to go out with a bang and an extra hour!

Hermitlady, I don't know if this helps or not, but tomorrow night Desperate Housewives returns with a NEW episode! I probably should post that info outside of this Lost post for the fans of that show.

I agree, this has been the year with no tv! There has been very little to watch all winter. I am so ready for the shows to return. Thankfully the wait is almost over. But we only get a month or so of new stuff before summer reruns.

Lost returns April 24th, not next Thursday, but the next one.

I have been reading an interesting Lost article in Entertainment Weekly. Not super spoilerish, but stuff to get excited about... Things we can expect for the rest of this season. The article is called "Lost: Secrets from the Set!" You don't have to rush out and buy the magazine to read it, you can read it here for free!

I almost posted some of the high points, but decided against it. What I call "not super spoilerish", might be more than someone else wants to know. Some people won't even watch the preview for the coming week. So there's the address, if you are interested. I read it and I am pumped up! I can't wait!

[This Message was Edited on 04/12/2008]
  5. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I can't wait to see, what they come up with, I do know it will be a Fun Ride,

I just keep in mind, that there are 3 main "Interest's at work.
    The Island, protecting itself.

The Darma Group, who I think Witmore may or may not be involved with.
    I know they want Ben for Killing off their Group.

Then there are our "Survivors", and all their stories, to consider.

Who wants to stay, and who wants to leave, and how the Time travel factors in.
    I have been replaying some of the show's, just to refresh my Fibro Fogged Brain, lol.