(¯`·.·´¯)¸.••.¸Kjade Where are you?¸.••.¸(¯`·.·´¯)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 4everkid, May 14, 2008.

1. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Kjade, it's been 5 days since you posted and I am starting to worry.
    Last time I saw you here, you were upset about Jason going home. And you haven't been back much since then. Are you okay?
    I know you have kids and sometimes real life takes over and leaves us very little time to chat.
    I can understand your not being on the Idol thread to discuss that, under the circumstances. But I expected to see you on the Survivor thread, complaining about the bimbo who won the million.
    Hope everything is fine with you and your family. Check in girl - at least to let me know you are alive.
    I miss you!
  2. kjade

kjade New Member

Hi! How nice of you to drop me a note! Things have been extremely busy for me. So much that I have been thrown back into a major (hate this word) flare. My neck is locked in place and causing extreme headaches. I was doing so well for awhile. Oh well. And my boys are both playing baseball, so you can imagine – running them all over town – both playing at different fields – making sure the uniforms are clean and ready – it gets so crazy!! Also with the end of the school year approaching, there are all the school events going on too! Although I have to pay my sitter more in the summer, I am looking forward to it. I need a break already!!

I did want to post on the Survivor thread, which I will later (hopefully – son has a game tonight!). Yes, I saw the “Head Bimbo” on Regis & Kelly. She was on right before Jason! Now I really can’t stand her! She got to meet Jason!! (hope his g/f was with him to keep Parv from attacking him!)

Oh, and the Dreadheads formed their own site, and got away from that awful place (AI). It is so fun there. Jason’s mom actually has been posting. She’s really cool – so sweet and down to earth. I got my tickets for the show too. I paid WAY too much, but I did get floor seats right by the aisle. My husband cannot find out what I paid for those tickets! He asked and I quickly changed the subject. Good thing I handle the finances in my home!

Well, thanks for writing. I appreciate the concern (and I’m a little embarrassed). Oh and since Survivor & Idol are over, do you watch any summer shows we can discuss? I do like “So You Think You Can Dance”.

P.S. Those designs you create in your titles are so artistic – they look so pretty!! Who would guess that … and ~--- could make such beautiful art!
  3. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Kjade, I well remember the hectic end of school schedule. A gazillion programs, concerts and random gatherings you can't miss. I was always looking forward to summer more than the kids!

I'm glad you got tickets to the AI show - and RIGHT BY THE AISLE!! Maybe you will get to touch him! How exciting! Is the concert coming to your own city, or do you have to travel?

Glad your gang got a new site to chat on. I know that AI board is awful. Like being thrust back into middle school.

My daughter works at a restaurant and said that the "Claymates" have a regular fan club meeting periodically. She said it used to be a huge group, all ages. The last meeting, a reservation was made for only 10, and just one woman showed up. Kind of sad. But maybe like you, they are all caught up with end of school activities and sports programs.

I don't know what I am going to watch this summer. "So you Think You Can Dance" looks like a good one. I saw some commercial the other day highlighting all the summer reality shows. A few of them looked fun. Now I forgot what they were though.
    There was a cool show I got caught up in last summer called "Mad Men" that I am really looking forward to. It's set in about 1960, about men, who work at an advertising agency, and their families. Very realistic for the era, down to every tiny detail. Kind of soapish, in that everyone has problems of some kind, skeletons in the closet, secrets and affairs. Very different than how society is now. Men were in charge, smoking was cool, wives were Suzie Homemakers, and children were seen and not heard. One character is a closeted gay man. Won't even admit it to himself. It's interesting to see just how much things have changed in 48 years. I was born in '58 though, so I have memories of this era, which makes this show intriguing and nostalgic to me. Worth it just to see the fashion and crazy hairstyles!

One thing that struck me funny, was the opening to the show. It features a silhouette of a business man falling from above the city, past ads on buildings.... It reminds me of the picture I drew (and posted here once) of a similar idea. Check it out:

Mine came first! They copied.

Way off track there with the rambling! Glad to hear that you are alive still. Sorry all the stress has caused a flare. But you have excellent tickets to see Jason and Co.!! Woo Hoo! I will look forward to a report on that!
  4. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I was wondering where you were too!! Glad you're okay. This end of school year stuff is stressful--I had to go to Boston to pack up one kid's dorm (gross and tiring) and have to do the other's tomorrow night. Youngest one's activities, among others right now, is dance company so between competitions, classes, extra practice classes on Sunday mornings (ha!) , costume fittings, dress rehearsals, photo shoots and it is always just two weeks before everything is over, I swear, one of my dancer children would inevitably announce their tap shoes or ballet shoes were too tight--another $60!! Then there's Spring Exhibit, Art Night,Spring Concert, Expert Night, shopping for 8th grade semi-formal dresses, going all over to find her the perfect shoes to match the dress, etc!! I had so many appointments and things to take care of today but child 3 insisted that she HAD to have her eyebrows threaded, so we had to make time for that too!! I remember when my kids were involved in sports and all three had basketball games at the same time. One year, the twins asked me if they could be on seperate CYO basketball teams, and I said, "Are you kidding me? You were born together, you'll play ball together!!" I used to work on Saturday's and my boss was great about letting me skip out for an hour to catch a game, and sometimes I had to choose the twins or child 3's since I couldn't go to both--that was the worst. One day I drove to the wrong school, and another day, my confused hubby leaves to take them to their game, and then calls me from the car, screaming, "Where the hell am I going???!! They don't know where their own game is!!" It was all too funny. Anyway, I remember that hectic feeling all too well--but those really were the good times.

I am sorry to hear about your flare. It really stinks when you're going merrily along, feeling good, and then BAM!! it just sneaks up on you. Please try and pamper yourself a little--you deserve it right now. Hell, you deserve it all the time, but definitely now!!

Anyway, glad to know you're still around. I hope you'll watch the AI finale next week and post on my thread. I saw Jason on Regis and Kelly the other morning and I was hoping you saw it too.

Talk to you soon--Laura

[This Message was Edited on 05/15/2008]
  5. kjade

kjade New Member

Sorry it took a couple days to get back to you. Whew....what a week. And I had to work 45 hours this week!! I am completely WIPED OUT!! This am I got up at 7:30, and I had to be at work at 8:30!! (And I live 45 min away). Don't know how I did it, but I made it. Then came home to my weekly cleaning and laundry. What fun. I missed my 6 yr old's 1st game cuz of my stupid job. Oh well, it was raining and cold.

Anyway, 4everkid....I am surprised to hear the "Claymates" are still around. I was not a "Claymate" but I did love Clay. He has a new album coming out (it may have already...not sure of exact date). You should watch "So You Think You Can Dance". It's a really good entertaining show. Sort of like "Dancing with the Stars" meets "American Idol". Only thing is....I swore I would not watch because it's Nigel's show and I hate him right now, but I enjoy it too much. I'm sure Jason won't mind!!

I have never seen that show you are talking about....sounds cool though. Oh and I do remember that pic of the man falling that you had up. You are right!! They DID copy you! Can you collect any damages for stolen propery or anything like that? You could make a real killing!!

And Yes, I cannot wait for the show. I don't know what I was thinking but I ordered 5 tickets thinking I could take my kids since they love AI (& Jason) too! But remember, they are 8, 6 & 2. Maybe the 8 yr old would like it, but the 6 yr old has the attention span of a gnat, and my 2 yr old daughter.....well, let's just say taking her to a concert doesn't seem like a great idea now after all. I think I will need to sell a couple tix, but I will probably MAKE money, because the floor seats were all gone before they even went on sale to the public! I thought about the fact that I might touch him being in the aisle, but knowing myself, I will pass out if he comes close (maybe he will catch me?) I am determined though to meet him......believe me, I will. When I want something bad enough, NOTHING and NO ONE stands in my way!!

Laura: That is funny about your twins when you told them they were born together, so they will play together!! HaHa!! I wish my boys were the same age and could play on the same teams!! It gets EXHAUSTING trying to keep up with the schedules, and getting them where they need to be - especially when I don't get home from work until 5:30!! AND....dh is coaching one of their teams, so that leaves me alone to take on the other 2! Oh and I have so many stories too about taking them to the wrong place, or having on the wrong uniforms!! Your story was funny. Oh and what does "threading eyebrows" mean? Never heard of that! And I thought I was up on beauty trends.

So you saw R&K with Jason? Did you see "Ellen" too? It was funny....she played the clip of him saying "vote vote" in slow motion, because a lot of people were saying he said "don't vote". It was VERY clear in slo mo that he said "vote, vote". He's so cute, it sickens me.

Yes I will watch the finale, but not enthusiastically (is that a word?) I always enjoy the finale, but I have NEVER been this wrapped up in AI, and frankly I was a little worried about myself for awhile there. But.....then I talk to my fellow Dreadheads, and realize I am ok.....I just have Castroitis, and I don't want a cure!! I am rooting for David C though...he has always been my 2nd fave. But I won't vote. I think David A is cute and has a nice voice and all, but he is too young and dorky - he and that monster dad of his irritate me. It should be a close interesting race though. I know you must be excited!

Well, thanks again ladies for writing....I love you guys!!
    [This Message was Edited on 05/17/2008]
  6. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

so glad to hear from you!!

Eyebrow threading is an Indian technique, an alternative to waxing. It is the damndest thing to watch; the technician takes a piece of thread, and tightly winds it around the hairs to remove and then pulls. It's quite popular here in New York--can get it done all over the city. Here in the suburbs, I take my daughter to the local mall and there is a kiosk set up and it costs $10. They can also do the chin and the lip this way. It's a good alternative to waxing, since one of the twins was badly burned by waxing a few years ago.

If you google 'eyebrow threading' you can view a video of the process. I was totally fascinated the first time I saw it!!

7. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Hey Kjade.... If you hate Nigel Lithgow, you will love this:

Thats Nigel at 00:56!

And he's the star of this one, in the black cape with the stick:

Now you can judge HIM, in all his glorious cheesiness!

I found this too, a young Simon Cowell, on the game show Sale Of The Century. I wish I could make fun of him, but he was charming, intelligent and incredibly handsome.
  8. kjade

kjade New Member

Thanks so much for those links! Nigel is SUCH A GEEK!!! (sorry, that felt good!)

Did you see the comments on Nigel's video below? (the ding-dong song?) JUST what I was thinking! That MUST be where they get the cheesy group numbers each week....from NIGEL! Oh, thanks for the laugh.

The Simon video.....WOW! I must say.....what a handsome young man he was! Still had that arrogance about him, didn't he? Gotta love him...I will have to share these with my Jason friends!