.·:¨¨:·. .·:¨¨SURVIVOR Final 5 ¨¨:·. .·:¨¨:·.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 4everkid, May 8, 2008.

1. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Only 5 survivors left! Amanda, Cerie, Eric, Parvati and Natalie.

Tonight we have our usual show at the same time, then Sunday night, the 3 hour finale/reunion! So set those TIVO's now gang!

Tonight's synopsis:
    The women try to use their powers of seduction to con a guy into a last-minute move that could cost him the game. The last remaining Fans bond and promise to stick together... until one stabs the other directly in the front.

I was hoping that Natalie would be next to go, but from the synopsis, things don't look good for Eric. I hope he wins immunity tonight, cause he's gonna need it! I hope he's the stabber!

See you all later!
  2. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

I saw on last week's preview of tonite's show that all of the women were trying to make different deals with Eric, which was confusing the heck out of him because he didn't know who to trust. As you know, at this point all of the women can't be one giant alliance so they have to "cannibalize"---and now the different alliances need Eric as one extra person so they can get rid of the other team. Should be interesting.

I agree with you that Natalie should have been the next to go. Plus, Alexis already had a really bad knee, which means there was a possibility that she might have had to be medically taken out of the game anyway (ya never know). Should be a great show tonite!

On a separate note, I'd love to see a pic of your cat! :)
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I always do just in case I nod off. "Ugly Betty" is on at the same time, so I TiVo her to watch later.

Looooooooove "Survivor!"

Love, Mikie
  4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Erik won immunity!

5. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

All through this episode I kept wondering, is Eric really this stupid and goofy, or is it all an act? Maybe he has a clever plan. But no. He really was that stupid. How could he ever, after all the manipulating these girls have done, trust any of them?

Apparently all the jury rules are off. You know, the rules about not interacting or showing any emotion. With all the looks and smiles and eye rolls, I still couldn't believe Eric was not catching on to the scheme. And not just the jury, but the remaining survivors were obvious with their looks and smirks.

Poor Eric. Poor stupid Eric.

But James was happy to have been defeated as the dumbest Survivor ever.

Lying and backstabbing, and now frontstabbing have become just everyday stuff this season. I am convinced Natalie has no soul now. How could she take that necklace right off Eric's neck and turn around and vote him off? I would never be able to sleep again with that on my conscience.

I have to admit though, that was a crazy, masterful plan Cerie came up with! It seemed pretty far fetched, that Eric would ever consider giving up his immunity. But after all the guilt they laid on him... oh nevermind... He was just plain stupid!

Now I am going to have to pick a whole new favorite. Hopefully I wont choose the stupidest one of the bunch again! After Ozzie, James and now Eric, my track record sucks this season. Cerie seems to be the brains in this bunch! One thing I know for sure, Natalie must die! I hope she is next to go!

Don't forget....THIS SUNDAY NIGHT is the finale/reunion!
  6. spacee

spacee Member

I didn't catch that Sunday was the finale.

I would have felt like the dumbest watcher..ever! haha

This season was really been different!

7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

No one wants to go to the final with her. I think Parveti or Cirie would love to be in the final with Natalie. It's getting more and more interesting. Last night was unbelieveable. Poor, dumb, trusting Eric. He did seem to take it well, though.

Love, Mikie
  8. kjade

kjade New Member

WOW!! Poor Erik (with a K - I saw it on the show, so I know that is the right spelling now)....I felt so bad that he fell for that!! He really is an amateur!! It wasn't nice of them to be laughing though. That angered me a little.

You know, I hate to say this, but I am starting to like our little Miss Resident Who! She is rather conniving, and I LIKE THAT!! (my bad side coming out....LOL)

In all honesty, I cannot stand the other 3 girls (except MAYBE Cirie) but Amanda and Parvati sooooo do not deserve this, and if I were on the jury, at this point, I would choose Natalie!

Really, she was the one behind a LOT of the major vote-offs, and I cannot believe Erik fell for her BS (but in a way, he did owe her!)

So come Sunday (yes 4everkid, I have already programmed the ulmighty DVR) I will be rooting for Natalie. The other 3 (to me personally) just aren't deserving. Parvati REALLY annoyed me with her "tanning" on exile - could she be anymore "Barbie"? YIIIIIICKKKK!!

Is it me, or does Ozzie still look EXTREMELY angry? This should be a good finale....and I can't wait to see the challenges - should be comical!!
  9. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Oh, Kjade....you've gone to the dark side!

Whoever ends up at the final 2 or 3, if Natalie is one of them, I am voting the other way. She's just too hateful for me. That whole "smack him like his mother" thing...made me want to smack her! The others are devious to win. She just seems like she enjoys being mean.

I think I like Cerie the best right now. I'll have to decide Sunday. She's kind of a lazy, lounging dictator, but hey, she beat that leaf phobia! That's worth a million, right?
  10. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Hope everyone remembered to watch the Survivor finale! If not....back away because I am about to discuss it!

I went into this episode not really knowing who my favorite was. All my guys got voted out already. So I decided to just watch and see who won, without worrying about who I wanted to win.

I actually started to warm to Natalie a little, but I was still pleased that she was the first to go. I realized I was pulling for Cerie deep down, when I was relieved she made the first cut. Then BOOM, she's out next! Final two, I am favoring Amanda, because she seemed the most honest and least manipulative. I have finally come to the stark realization that my favoring someone is basically the kiss of death.

But at least James got a big prize, like I'd hoped.

I was disappointed in the short mention of Joel's behavior towards Chet, and how they glossed over that whole incident. I was hoping for a group beating. The guy is so smug, and acted as if he did nothing wrong. Blamed his looking so bad on the editing. And Chet was so good natured about it. IMO, nothing would erase the fact that he dragged Chet through the dirt like a smelly bag-o-crap and head first into a plank! Even if later that night he rocked Chet to sleep like a baby, it doesn't change how dehumanizing his behavior was towards a fellow team mate.

Funny how Johnny Fairplay requested that Jeff hug his baby, and Jeff just moved right along and changed the subject. Did Fairplay actually think Jeff would stop in the middle of everything and go baby hugging?

Ozzie is sure smitten with his love for Amanda. I expected him to throw a big fit of some kind at TC, but he basically stated his disgust for Parvati, and his undying love for Amanda. Strange that he would do that there.

Eliza just cracked me up. She so wants to be one of the popular girls. "WE all were talking about your big act with the tears and what a liar you are...." I can't even remember what she even said to Parvati, but she came off as completely wacko and extremely spiteful. She was enjoying that position of power a little too much.

When it came down to the final three, I truly believed Amanda's tears. It was a super tough position to be in. Plus, coming out of one Survivor game straight into the next one, had to be breaking her down emotionally. They all seemed truly sick that they had to go through another round of tribal council.

I am kind of surprised Parvati won after she openly admitted she seduced everyone, male and female, to get what she wanted.

Poor Eric. Crowned the official stupidest Survivor ever - and its unanimous! The whole audience agreed. What a sad ending for a life-long undying fan. He will never, ever live that down!

It's always fun to see how different everyone looks after they get home and clean up. Natalie was very pretty at the reunion. Eliza no longer looks anorexic. Jason trimmed his Lion King hair! Joel stepped straight from the 70's with his feathered hair right into the 00's with a buzz cut. Amanda struck me the same this time as last. Makeup is not her friend. She is much prettier without any.

Great season! Definitely one of the best! I could have been happier with the outcome, but it was fun getting there.
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This show makes us examine our value systems and can leave us feeling conflicted. On the one hand, all the manipulating goes against everything we've been taught and value. On the other hand, it is almost impossible to get to the final two without having screwed someone over. That's what this game is all about. I think that played into Parv's winning. People respected how artfully she outwitted everyone else. I really thought Amanda was going to win but I understand why Parv did. I have to wonder what would have happened had Amanda taken Cirie to the final two. Probably, Cirie would have won.

I liked the show better in the old days when they had better rewards, like new cars. It's still a fascinating show and I can't wait for next season in Africa. I like "The Amazing Race" too.

Love, Mikie
  12. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

You are so right Mikie! I guess the reason this show is so popular is because we like all the drama and the backstabbing...at least we like to watch it. But I always struggle to find the person who is the most decent among all the sharks, and root for them. James was such a sweetie and played honest. Thats what I liked about him. Plus he worked hard and deserved to be there. I hate it that Parvati of all people, won. She had like 15 different alliances she was a part of. And the flirting...

I loved what Eric said at the reunion. How he realized he could go no farther in this game because he didn't have what it took to advance. I don't remember his exact words, but basically, he is too nice to treat people the way those girls did. With the whole group agreeing that he was the stupidest, he made it clear that he was decent and honest and had values that the others lack. Good for him!

With this being hailed the best season yet, we will probably be seeing more of this ruthless behavior in the future seasons.

I think they quit giving away a car because it was always the kiss of death for the winner. It got to the point where no one wanted the cursed car. It was always a sure sign that person was next to go.
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I was glad to see Erik redeem himself from the "stupidest" to the "most decent." That got applause.

Remember Colby and that nice, older Southern lady? She won and he got the new car. Guess you're right.

Did y'all see the insect bites on Parv's lower legs when she climbed up the coconut tree? Those looked like they would leave scars.

There's no amt. of money to make me put my body through all that, even if I had a healthy body. Elizabeth from "The View" said starving on the island really messed up her thyroid.

If people want to be nasty, greedy backstabbers, they should just go into politics :)

Love, Mikie
  14. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I knew there was something on last night! I even thought about survivor but took a quick look at the listings and thought, no, silly me! ARGH! When is a brain fart not a brain fart?

Is it online anywhere?

15. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

has the entire thing!

It is posted by someone called cruelkiller22 which was more than a little creepy but maybe it's a popular culture reference I didn't get. Hope so!

Fascinating little laboratory. Very interesting that the women actually worked together this time which has not happened before - even when initially divvied up that way. I've always found that curious. It's been my feeling that the men work together with a much greater sense of comradery and an attitude that the women are totally expendable unless they are "hot".

I was pulling for Cirie as I felt she played a good game. She was very smart, not psycho and did incredibly well 2x against some pretty heavy odds given she was older and less athletic.

I do worry that someone will get killed on Survivor one day, though. All it would take is one awkward fall on a challenge and you've got a broken neck

To all who post on this thread: If you were well, would you go on Survivor?

Peace out,

ETA Mikie, I just saw that you would not.

I would, for the adventure, but I'm really not competitive so I'd want to be the first person on the jury so that I got to stay in the location without having to eat bats or deal with the really ugly part.

I wonder if they get paid scale and what that amounts to?[This Message was Edited on 05/12/2008]
  16. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I totally agree with you about Eric. Eric is a fantastic kid!

What about those fantastic locations? Am I the only one who'd love to be in those fantastic locations? I want to be in those fantastic locations in the jury house :~)

17. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

You are right about Cerie Rafiki. She was at a physical disadvantage, but she made up for it with brains. When she came up with that crazy plan to oust Eric, I thought, Wha-huh? It was an intricate and diabolical plan! It took me a few minutes to figure it out. That girl has got the wheels in her brain turning all the time. It seemed like Cerie spent a lot of time on the island sitting back and sizing everyone up. It seemed to have gotten her far. I would much rather have seen her win.

I would love to visit some of the cool places Survivor has been but I could never be the "cut throat whatever" it takes to play either... no matter how healthy and strong I was.

Until they change it to "Survivor: Family Room", I will just have to remain a spectator. Now if they had challenges like horizontal recliner endurance, rolling office chair races, remote control mastery, and feats of creativity...I would join right up! I could even eat seafood and coconut dishes for a month.

But spend a month on an island eating bat soup and having bugs and rats crawl all over me while I sleep, in the pouring rain? Sand and fish smell everywhere, and the leaves.....the horrible leaves!!!! Not for any amount of money!

But I would love it if someone I knew was on Survivor!
  18. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

The horrible leaves!

LMAO!!! You are too funny!

I'm sure this has come up at some point but i traveled down the Amazon in a dugout canoe, slept on the banks of the river in a hammock, cleaned up by swimming in the river with the pirhana and then ate them for dinner. Breakfast was small tropical bananas every day. It was wonderful! Wonderful! There were, however, an abundance of truly horrifying leaves!

[This Message was Edited on 05/12/2008]
  19. springwater

springwater Active Member

You did all that?!!! My goodness. You are one interesting lady....how many facets do you have to yourself?

And about the leaves......HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...i love leaves myself...I wouldnt want to be in a world without leaves and the leavey smell they emit.

God Bless
  20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Instead of being held on a nasty island with bats and insects, they could hold it at a nice spa-type beach. Reward challenges could include family visits and massages. Immunity rewards could revolve around things like being able to write with good spelling/grammar and memory tests.

I might volunteer for that :)

Love, Mikie