.·*¨*¨*· -:¦:-·* XPHILE = COME CHAT *·-:¦:-·*¨*¨*·.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 4everkid, Jun 12, 2008.

1. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Hi Adam! Glad your finger is better and you can type again.

Since you are a fan of the X-files...have you seen the previews for "Fringe", a new tv show coming next fall? It is written and produced by J.J. Abrams of Lost and Alias, but sounds like it is going to be similar to X-files in a way.

The short synopsis at IMDB.com says:
    "A television drama centered around a female FBI agent who is forced to work with institutionalized scientists in order to rationalize a brewing storm of unexplained phenomena."

I was also a big fan of X-files. Unfortunately, with my FM, I have forgotten most of the series by now. I haven't watched it in reruns. But this is good in a way. Because when I do decide to watch it again, it will be all new to me!

During the 90's when X-files was airing, I was working as a UFO investigator for the local MUFON chapter. We had a sightings wave in our area at the time, so it was very interesting. I talked with hundreds of people who had had sightings, people who had very close encounters, plus some "high strangeness" events that defy explanation, and some paranormal stuff along the way.

I was hoping to learn the answers to what is going on with all this stuff. I learned a lot of interesting things over that decade, met a lot of great people, and heard some amazing stories, but in the end, only ended up with more questions. I still don't know who they are, where they are from or why they are here - for certain.

Once, back then, I was helping my kids clean the fish aquarium. We transferred the fish into a bowl of water while we cleaned out the tank. It occurred to me that this must seem like an alien abduction to the poor fish. He gets lifted out of his home and finds himself in a strange, sanitary, round room. He's probably terrified. Then magically, he's back in his own home again, as if nothing ever happened, and no idea what just went down. He never got any answers to the phenomenon either.

I guess I am just another small fish in a big bowl with a lot of unanswered questions.

[This Message was Edited on 06/12/2008]
  2. poets

poets Member

Adam isn't here this evening. For the next two days he's "babysitting" his Aunt's dog. They had to go away for a wedding. He'll pop in occasionally during the day though. I'll tell him you posted.

3. xphile

xphile New Member

It sounds like this new series may be very good!!! I fully believe in alien abduction even though people sometimes tell me to put on my "tin foil hat" I have seasons 1-6 of the X-Files on DVD and still need to get 7,8, and 9 Did you know that there is a new X-Files movie coming out in July! I can't wait to see it! I hope that Mulder finally finds Samantha. Every time in the series you thought he had found her there was a major twist. Being in MUFON have you ever read any of Budd Hopkins books? If you haven't you HAVE to read Missing Time It's non-fiction and has transcripts from regression hypnosis sessions of people who are scared of certain places or certain roads etc. The hypno-therapist is Dr. Aphrodite Clamar; well known. I'll try to get in chat here very soon! Take care :)

4. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Adam, I heard about the new X-files movie, but I am afraid I would be lost since its been so long since the series ended. I have forgotten so much of it by now. But I agree that Fox needs to FINALLY find Samantha!

Yes, I have read Missing Time and several other Budd Hopkins books. In fact I have met and had dinner with him, together with 15 -20 others. I also met "Kathy Davis" who was the subject of his book Intruders. Both very nice people!

I got to sit in on quite a few hypnosis sessions with various people. That is VERY interesting to observe!

How did you get interested in this subject? Have you ever seen anything yourself?

When I said, "come chat" I meant right here. I have never actually been to the chat room. I like the message board "chat when you can" style. The chat rooms move too fast for me to keep up. So if you don't reply for 3 weeks, its cool. I'll still be here.

[This Message was Edited on 06/17/2008]