024 - anyone tried it? Please reply!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Aug 4, 2005.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I was looking through my catalog last night and saw this. I know it has been mentioned on the board before. My trapezis (sp?) muscle (shoulder) burns almost every day now like someone is sticking a hot needle in there and I work on the computer all day which is making it worse.

The description says it relieves pain on contact. If it works, it is worth $20 bucks. I got some thermacare heat patches for it but last time I used it, it did not work.

Please help if you have any info!

Thanks,
    Sonya
  2. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I found a website where you can get a 30 day supply for $8.88 plus shipping and it has a money back guarantee if you don't like it. I ordered some and will let you know how I like it.

Sonya
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

but will be interested to hear how you get on with it.

Good luck

Rosie
  4. willwork4shoes

willwork4shoes New Member

How did you find the web site? I would love to try it.

Hugs,
    Will
  5. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I googled "024" and the website came up in the search. It is on "sale" right now, I did not notice the "regular" price but mine was $12.87 with shipping. One use ought to tell me if it works or not. ProHealth's catalog says it stops pain on contact. If it does not work any better than Ben Gay, why bother?

If it doesn't work, I am definitely sending it back. The website has testimonials, etc but I did not really read any except the one on the home page.

I can better afford $8.88.
    Sonya
  6. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I guess if I had researched before posting...

Anyway, one of the testimonials is from Doctor Michael Gutman that says he uses it for FM patients. He says a couple of drops in bath water that you soak in for 5-10 minutes twice a day works very well.

"In fibromyalgia patients, we put a few drops into a bath and it permeates their skin into the muscles and ligaments and relieves pain maybe 24 hours a day, if they take a couple of baths. I have been treating patients with O24 for the last four or five months.

They stay in warm bathwater for probably five to ten minutes a couple of times per day. It's soothing.

We have an integrative medicine center, and our services are complementary alternative medicines. I use all modalities including nutritional medicine. So I do use certain things like MSM (methylsulfonylmethane). I use everything with fibromyalgia, or any of these musculoskeletal conditions. That's why O24 is an adjunct that works on the topical layers. We're also using internal applications of nutriceuticals and pharmaceuticals to do whatever we can to get a person better.

BiofreezeĀ® is not bad, but when we came to O24, it was like the light went on. There is no doubt that O24 is the class of the race.

O24 came out and will revolutionize the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions. It's not going to revolutionize the world, but it's going to revolutionize pain management on a topical level."

Now, I am NOT selling or promoting this because I have NO IDEA if it works or not. I just get excited when I see fibro mentioned ANYWHERE!! LOL

I am definitely a skeptic, so I did not order based on these testimonies. I WILL let you all know if this is true or not. I would be SO EXCITED to be able to bring something to the table that would help anyone.

In another testimonial a guy says he uses it for diabetic neuropathy.

My husband ordered something off tv that was supposed to work on joint pain RIGHT AWAY with a money back guarantee (my glucosamine and chondroitin was not good enough for him although I swear by it). It was over $30 and although he is not dancing in the streets, he did not send it back.

I asked him if he was going to get some more, he said, maybe, which means he does not want to admit that I was right about being skeptical.

Believe me, if this stuff does not work like a miracle, forget it! I WILL send it back. I don't need to mail order anything that I can get something over the counter that works just as good. I don't like to wait! LOL

Sonya

7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

at first didn't think it did much. Yesterday I used some and it did help. Today I will use it again as my arm is burning and see. I'm going to look for the $8.88 web site. I paid 20.00...We'll see. Nothing works completely...not yet, anyway. But, the day is coming, I can bet that!

Sue
  8. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I am hopeful too. I went to the Dollar Store at lunch and picked up an Absorbine Jr patch that worked well for me before. The only problem is that it is super sticky and hard to put on your back alone.

I am told they are just like the Ben Gay patches. A buck is a good deal especially since they are big and I can cut it in half or smaller.

Sonya
  9. snooker11

snooker11 New Member

I use it every once in a while and I like it. I have the spray kind and spray twice sometimes on the back of my neck or shoulder blades or whatever is achy. It kind of numbs and refreshes the area and perks me up a bit. It's good and you should carry some in your purse as a kind of pick me up. Definitely takes the edge off the pain.
  10. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

for checking in. I will be anxious to see what it does. Is it better than Ben Gay, do you think?

Sonya
  11. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I bought a box of patches at Costco that are smaller but only cost $5 or so for tons. They aren't as sticky, and sometimes they come off, but they work OK...so, you can put a couple where you hurt or just a small one in a small area.

I don't know...the patches all seem about the smae to me, so maybe I'm not the best judge. But, give it a look.

Sue
  12. snooker11

snooker11 New Member

i think the smell is much better than Ben Gay. it smells really good. i get a lot of compliments on it. People think I'm sucking on minty lifesavers or something.
  13. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

I tried it and couldnt stomach the smell.IT has camphor in it and its very strong. Smells like a camping stove. My husband and I couldnt stand the smell. I had to wash the towels ,my cloths etc. I got a bad headache from the smell. It did help with pain but the smell wasnt worth it.
  14. fivesue

fivesue New Member

certainly isn't worth a headache! Thank goodness there are other things. Aren't we all different? I don't like the smell, but can put up with it...it dies down quickly. But, no headaches!

Hope you didn't have to buy it to learn that lesson.

Sue
  15. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

for the tip about the patches. I don't go to Costco, but have a Sam's card, so maybe I will look for them there. Since the problem spot is on my shoulder, it is probably fun to watch me try to put one on!

I told my friend about it once and she said I should have gotten her to help me, but I said I was not about to be caught in the stall with her and me with my shirt off!!! LOL Can you imagine???

:p

I could put them on at home and have help, but it doesn't hurt until later in the work day and not every day so I don't want to waste them, especially the Thermacare ones.

Sonya
  16. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

$8.88 is for the TRAIL size, only 10ml. Plus $3.99 for S&H and taxes,,, the one for $20 will have been for the 30ml size. And it is available at most drugstores, so no ordering and waiting,,, I like the smell, no problems there. I am sure it will help my headaches, not cause them, but I am sure my hubby will NOT like it! LOL. Oh well!
  17. elsa

elsa New Member

Thanks for starting this Sonya. I just noticed this in my catalog today. Please keep us posted on how it works. My low back has been totally unresponesive to treatments lately. The icy-hot patches have worked fairely well, but I liked the idea of a good soak with 024 if it works.

I have to watch for "migraine triggering" ordors right now.....hope it's not too bad.

Thanks again............Elsa
  18. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I know it says trial size, but I think it is also claiming to be a 30 day supply, but perhaps I read it wrong. We shall see when it arrives. I do know I have 30 days to return and will if it is not really good.

I will post when I get it. I am sure to need it for my shoulder becuase it hurts every day now.

Sonya

PS I will also let you all know about the size issue. I would be willing to try it from the drug store but I wonder if it would work the same. I guess if the ingredients are the same...

My aunt bought some blue ice off of tv and it worked great but the one in the store did not work the same, she said. I guess we all fear spending our limited resources on things that don't work.

God bless...
  19. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Last night my shoulder muscle was burning so bad I wanted to cry and had to run for help. I had some maximum strength Ben Gay that I put on and it stopped the pain RIGHT AWAY.

Hubby made fun of the smell, but who cares? It felt like an electrode in my muscle zapping me. I also put Ben Gay on my back and hip this morning and it helped a bunch (muscle feels like I pulled it and it has been keeping me awake off and on for 2 days).

So unless this stuff is an absolute miracle, old Ben might be my new boyfriend!!! Today I put an Absorbine Jr patch on that shoulder muscle before I left the house. I got it at the Dollar Tree and cut it into 2 pieces (I mean to say 4 pieces of course!). 25 cent relief, who can knock that!!?

Sonya
    [This Message was Edited on 08/09/2005]
  20. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

for me, I can't see 10ml lasting 30 days! Not with having the pain in so many areas of my body! I am using the 30 ml very sparingly, and sometimes take the sprayer off and just use my finger, as I feel the sprayer wastes the product, so much overspray happening. The product I got for the drugstore is exactly like it says on the $8.88 website. For me to order the $8.88 for 10 mls would of cost me the same as the one I got locally on sale for $20, because I live in Canada, with exchange rate, shipping and handling, extra costs getting it across the border and taxes, the list goes on,,,. I'm hoping that the 30ml will last 30 days!! lol