024 Fibromyalgia (pain relief topical med)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by OldOne, Aug 10, 2005.

1. OldOne

OldOne New Member

Have any of you tried the 024 Fibromyalgia topical pain medication that is becoming available through mail order and soon at drug stores over the counter. If so, did it help? Thanks.
  2. Dovebird

Dovebird New Member

about this topical you are speaking of but I wanted to keep track of your post so I could find out when you do what others say.

Thanks for posting this
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

OldOne, there are several people who have ordered it and I'm hoping when they get it and try it, they'll post about it. My worst pain is back pain and low back pain and it would be hard to put a topical there myself.

If I hear good results from others, I'll try it too. The Pro Health store is now selling it also.

I haven't even priced it among places and didn't look in the flyers in the newspaper on Sunday to see if it was available locally here in Chester.

Hugs,
    Faye
  4. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

put 024 in the search box and choose titles and you should find it easily, there are not too many.

Mine should arrive any day and Sue has been using it as well as others who posted on that thread, so look it up, there is alot of info on it there.

I will post about my results when it arrives. I have been hanging with Ben Gay and Absorbine Jr (gee, I hope they don't find out about each other and get mad and leave me!) and having some good results.

Sonya
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

You just can't stop bragging about your "affairs," can you? (-:

OldOne, you'll see what I'm talking about when you put in 024...a running gag thread. But, I like the relief of 024...the smell is a bit strong, but it wanes. Hope you find some relief!

Sue
  6. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

The gag thread is about Ben Gay and it titled, I have a new boyfriend and he is famous!!!

I think you are just jealous, Sue!!! Go find Jack Daniels and leave Ben alone!!

Sonya
  7. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

ingredients are the same, etc. I am using the 024 since Sat. spray some in my bath water and use it sparingly on arms and neck. It feels really good. I bought the 30ml at Shoppers Drugmart in Canada on sale for $20.00 reg. $25.00. There is NO WAY on earth that the 10ml trail size on the one website will last a whole month! Maybe a week if you are lucky. I have been careful with my usage, and my 30 ml bottle is about 1/3 gone already.
    I like it tho. JMO
    Razorqueeen
  8. willwork4shoes

willwork4shoes New Member

I found it on sale at CVS. The more I use it the better my pain control is.

hugs,
    Will
  9. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I am glad to hear it works well. If I use it all up in a few days at least I have not spent a fortune to see if it works. I don't know ProHealth's stance on guarantees. To be completely honest, I did not want to spend $20 plus shipping until I knew if it worked. I don't know what size ProHealth's is, though.

Will thanks a million for telling me that you got yours at CVS. I have many of them near me and much prefer to get something at the store than order if I can, because then I don't have to wait AND pay shipping.

I think if this works, I will check Wal-Mart because if the have it, I KNOW it will be cheaper than CVS.

I love you guys for all your support and caring enough to help me with you answers.

Sonya
  10. northlights

northlights New Member

Hi all
    I bought my 024 spray at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada too.

I don't use it every day, but when I do use it, I feel great. When I've got one of those really deep "aches" in my back or butt muscles, I spray some on, rub it in, and wait for the cooling relief.

It is a bit costly, but I do find it works better than ALL of the other topicals I've used (including the beloved BEN).

There is one problem with the stuff though....it is quite OILY, so you wouldn't want to spray it on, and then put on your best new blouse. You have to rub it in, and then let it dry a bit, and then be sure to wash your hands before touching anything.

SO, bottom line is, I love the stuff, and will buy more as soon as mine runs out.

hugs
    northlights
  11. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Does the 024 Fibromyalgia have any capsaisin (sp) in it?
    I find that capsaisin burns my skin.

abbylee
  12. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

go to the store here and search for 024. You can find the ingredients there. I don't think it has that capiscan, just oils like peppermint, etc.

Sonya
  13. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

just camphor oil, peppermint oil, lemon oil, eucaliptus oil(sp?) that kind of thing. Feels real good on!
  14. sunnywey

sunnywey New Member

I just sprayed some on my stiff muscles. I love the deep heat feeling it gives. It is kinda expensive tho.

Tomorrow I'm going to try having a hot bath- then spray some on - then stretch.

I'm going to get some more, while this stuff is on sale- as expensive as it is. I don't mind the smell, either.
  15. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

they recommend putting acouple drops into the tub and soak in that, supposed to help too. ; I've done it that way as well
  16. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

did the 024 in the water help? Have you ever tried magnesium in the bath water? did 024 help more than that?

Sonya
  17. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I normally use epsom salts in the tub, the 024 feels good in the water, but at this point I can't really say its helped more than the epsom salts. I can by a 40lb bag of epsom salts from our local feed mill for about $25. I am liking the 024 tho. But I'm going thru it fast. I think I would really like it if they had an optional dispenser end. I think the spray wastes the product. If it had an end that controled the drops would be better. It is concentrated and you don't need to use alot. Maybe I should email the company, eh? ;)
  18. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

hey, why not! I did not get mine yet, but it has been shipped. I am under the impression that this is not a spray, but I could be wrong since I know you said the one you got was the same.

I have to check out the big bags of epsom at Southern States. I get mine at the drug store or dollar store.

Sonya
  19. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

the one you recieve will not be a spray, as it is only a trial size of 10 mls. Maybe yours will have the right applicator on it! They are saying the more you use it the better it works, so I guess I will get another bottle when this one is done, and see if it is true.
  20. OldOne

OldOne New Member

Glad to hear the positive results. I'll go find a CVS and hopefully get some.