024 & Tiger Balm

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sybd, Aug 12, 2005.

1. sybd

sybd New Member

Wonder if Tiger Balm works just as well as 024 as main ingredient is camphor! Cheaper too!

Tiger Balm Ultra Pain Relieving Ointment (Ultra Strength), Tiger Balm Brands, 0.63 oz.
    • Non-Staining
    • Pain Relieving Ointment
    • for sore muscles & overexertion
    • Concentrated

Provides soothing relief for aches & pains due to:
    • Overexertion
    • Joint Pains
    • Backaches
    • Arthritis
    • Stiffness
    • Sprains

Tiger Balm® has been used by over one-third of the world's population for nearly 100 years. It is an effective external analgesic rub. Today, over 20 million jars of Tiger Balm are sold annually in over 70 countries worldwide. Because Tiger Balm "Works where it hurts."

Active Ingredients: Camphor, Menthol.

Inactive Ingredients: Cajeput oil, Cassia Oil, Clove Oil, Dementholized Mint Oil and Paraffin Petroleum..

Directions: Apply Ultra-Strength Tiger Balm to the affected area. Feel the warmth of its ingredients helping to relieve muscle soreness and stiffness. Rub well on affected area.. Repeat 3-4 times daily. For children under 2, consult a physician.

Ultra-Strength Tiger Balm contains more of what makes Tiger Balm "Works where it hurts." With more pain-relieving menthol that Extra-Strength Tiger Balm "New" non-staining Ulta-Strength Tiger Balm provides deep penetrating "ultra relief" to "Work where it hurts."

Has anyone used Ultra-Strenght Tiger Balm?

Syb
  2. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

and have a small jar in my purse for emergencies, but the stuff I used to use was a redish color and it stained my clothing. Don't know about the newer stuff.
    As far as the 024, it is much easier to aply to affected areas in a spray then in a thick ointment. And then you don't have to get is stuck under your finger nails! (thats the part I didn't like!)
    024 isn't cheap tho, and if you have many areas that hurt you need to choose the areas that hurt the most on to apply or else it is gone in a flash! I also use Deep Cold Plus with Aloe Vera in it. It is a lotion, and applies nicely and is much cheaper. Don't know if it is available in the USA or not, I'm in Canada. I like the 024 tho as well.
  3. ChungieDolor

ChungieDolor New Member

I have never tried either one. My doc just prescribed a topical cream, and it helps somewhat. I have a problem with the stickiness after application. Oh, and by the way, this cream has relaxers, opiods, and other stuff. Makes me a little drowsy!

I may just try this tiger balm after giving the current one a try. Thanks Sybd

Sincerely
    Chungidolor

4. sybd

sybd New Member

Nuprin is another new product and contains more camphor, 4% versus 3.1% in 204.

Description
    Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains of muscles and joints due to: simple backache, arthritis, strains, bruises, sprains. Strongest Nuprin external medicine specifically for muscles and joints. The warming relief: acts fast, lasts for hours, penetrates deep. Use alone or with powerful oral Nuprin pain relievers.

Directions
    Adults and children 12 years and over: apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily. Apply generously and gently massage until Nuprin disappears. Children under 12 years: ask a doctor.

Ingredients
    Active Ingredients
    Camphor 4%; Menthol 10%; Methyl Salicylate 30%
    Inactive Ingredients
    Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract; Carbomer 940; Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil; Edetate Disodium; Glyceryl Stearate; Isopropyl Myristate; Lanolin; Mineral Oil; Polysorbate 60; Purified Water; Sodium Lauryl Sulfate; Stearic Acid; Trolamine; Vitamin E

$8 for 4 0z.

And this contains coconut oil too Acesnanna!

Think I will try this one!

Syb

[This Message was Edited on 08/12/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/12/2005]
  5. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

Man I love that stuff. The red kind is the extra stength and they have a clear kind that is just normal stregth. It helps my headaches, too.

I have the red kind--is it called ultra strength? Not sure.

Anyway, I really like it.

Nicole
  6. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

how does it smell and how much does it cost?

Sonya
  7. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

a product talked about on the news last week. Celadrin. I bought the cream and it rubs in very well and gets cold immediately and takes away the pain for a long time. The only trouble is the price. $l5.99 at the health food store. I did find it sold for less on the internet but then you have to figure the shipping.

I've also used Super Blue. It is a roll on and it works well....you just have to give it a few minutes to dry before putting your clothes back on.
  8. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

It does have a strong smell, but it is a smell I really like and it helps clear out my stuffiness and relieve headaches. It really isn't that expensive. The container is small, so you might think it is expensive for the small container, but a little goes a long way.

Nicole
  9. shepsgirl

shepsgirl New Member

Hi,

I also use tiger balm (the red stuff), I wrap the spot in light gauze (knee's, ankles) to keep it from ruining clothing, the couch ,etc..

I also accidentally put too much on once and it burned like crazy, so don't do that....ha ha

shepsgirl
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

you can p/u this at costco here in california
  11. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

tiger balm is the balm. i made a funny.

never mind...
  12. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

You may read my earlier posts on all the stuff I have tried.

So far, the Celedrin seems to be the strongest and fastest working for me, and seems to last the longest. When I compare the price of Tiger Balm and the 2 oz. Celedrin it basically comes out the same. The Tiger Balm though is a nice handy thing to carry in the purse.
  13. favershamgirl

favershamgirl New Member

I have used tiger balm for 15 years now...first for headaches and now for muscle pains and on my chest when I get a chill/cold.....it smells nice and relaxes me..........

14. acuario

acuario New Member

Hi,does it helps for headaches? where do you aply? in forehead? thanks