024 + Vicks VapoRub are the same?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunnywey, Aug 16, 2005.

1. sunnywey

sunnywey New Member

I was at my physio-therapist today. He has helped me so much, and he keeps my body moving.

I mentioned how I was trying "024" He surprised me when he said- "why don't you just put "Vicks VapoRub" on your sore muscles?" He said he remembers learning in university that it can help aching muscles - then he lost me when he went into the chemical process + how it worked. Nothing new there, he said.
    He told me to check, and I would see they have the same ingredients, and Vicks is a whole lot cheaper.
    He said that somebody is making a ton of money marketing an old formula.
    Also- the "fibromyalgia 024" formula is the same ingredients as the regular one- they are just trying to catch our attention.

Well- I just checked - and you know- he is right!

Look up Vicks on line, and you will see they have the same ingredients.

So- who has some "Vicks" in their house, and can check it out for us? HA!

Snuggle up to your hubby with Vicks smeared all over your neck. I know what mine would say.
  2. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

okay, I am going to try it since I just got some 024 and already have Vicks.

The 024 makes you smell like a peppermint, by the way. Vicks does not smell as good, but as bad as my one problem area hurts, I don't care what it smells like. I have been using Ben Gay.

I will need a few days, but I will let you know. The company that I ordered my 024 from sent me a towlette sample too. I tried that first. After a bit it tingled some and did stop hurting but wore off. After that I put some of the liquid on.

It only took a couple of drops right on the spot and it did stop hurting right away. What I will do is use 024 tomorrow and Vicks on Friday.

I will let you know.

Sonya
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

Wendy .... you are sooo funny!!! "Private bits" LOL !

That would certainly get my attention!!! HA

Thanks Sunnywey for the information. Always useful to know how to save your money.

Elsa

4. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

Menthol 25%(from peppermint oil),Eucalptol(from rosemary oil,eucaluptus oil and camphor oil) 8.5%,Camphor from camphor oil,3.1% plus the aloe oil, lemon oil and orange oil.

Vicks (pharmasave brand)
    Menthol 2.6%,Camphor 4.7%, Eucaluptus oil 1.2%
    We all know you can use the same ingredients, but at different quantities can make a very different cake!
  5. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

And where can I get it?
  6. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

no dice. I tried the 024 on my shoulder muscle that feels like there is a burning match in there, also no dice. I am going back to my Absorbine Jr patches that I can get at the Dollar Tree and cut into quarters. At about 25 cents a day, it works for me.

Sonya
  7. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

the 024 has an accumulative effect, meaning the more you use it, the better it works. Keep using it and see what happens!
    for leenerpups, wanting to know what 024 is, you can google it.

8. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

If you can get animal strength Absorbine it works really well for aching muscles and aching joints. We used it on the race horses when I worked on the race track years ago.

We made very little money working with the horses and we lived in a tack room in the barn. There was always a problem with flies (what a surprise, huh!) and misquitos. When I opened the bottle, poured some into my hand, and rubbed it on my hubbies sore shoulder the flies and misquitos started droping like, well, like flies!

I don't know if I could stand the smell now, but evertime I do smell it it takes me right back to the time I spent on the track in my wild and long gone youth!

Hugzz,
    Greenbean
  9. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

how long do you have to use it? I put it on repeatedly during the day and nothing. Today I have my Thermacare on because I forgot my Absorbine Jr patch.

Sonya
  10. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I think it takes a bit of time, more than what a 10 ml bottle can give I think. I've been using mine for almost 2 wks(tomorrow) and lastnight after I got off of work (I am a hairstylist) my upper back was EXTREMELY sore, so got hubby to massage it, and spray on the 024 and it really helped alot! So I am beginning to notice a difference. Incedently, when I went to work I bought some of those "pain patches" by Ice Cold" and but them on those spots at work, and nothing, natta, didn't do anything!
    I think I will continue with the 024.