024??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheasmom, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Sheasmom

Sheasmom New Member

Can someome please tell me what the 024 Fibromyalgia is? I got samples of it in a pacakage I ordered of a FMAWARE magazine. But there was not info as to what the 024 was or how to use it or where to apply it even.

Thanks,
    Sheasmom
  2. RockiAZ

RockiAZ New Member

Hi!

I also received samples from them too. And like you, no explanation of how to use it. So, I just used it as any other type of topical pain ointment. The odor is more homeopathic and I did like the smell of it, but was rather strong for me. I used it very sparingly and placed the open pkg in snack zip-lock baggie.

I've had a hard time finding it in stores, but you can find it on the internet. Yep, it's rather expensive. I do want to try it again (very small sample and wasnt enough to see if it truly works or not) Guess it doesn't hurt to try stuff though to see what works best for you.

Live, Laugh, Love,
    Rocki
  3. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

Is comparable to Flexall or Bengay, with a more pleasant smell.... Hubby just picked this up for me on the way home today, as someone at work had told him about it! Little did he know I was just talking about it and others in another post today myself!!! (check out the post by; achy FINALLY...something that really helps that awful nawing pain )

This 024's active ingredient is Camphor 3.1%, Aloe Vera Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Lemon Oil, Orange Oil, Peppermint Oil, and Rosemary Oil. It is Salicylate-Free.

It also comes in Personal Moistened Towelettes.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of things that get cold on the skin, as warmth is a consistent problem! Also, if you don't want someone to know you have FM, this would NOT be the product to wip out!... As the packaging is not discrete and says in big bold letters across the front "Fibromyalgia"!!!

I also got a chuckle at the "Warnings" on the box... "Stop and ask dr. if conditions worsen, symptoms last more than 7 days, or symptoms clear up and come back in a few days." LOL*.... Know your audience people!!! It is for fibromyalgia, right!?!?!?!

Hope this helps some!
    TM~

4. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

TM's post pretty much sums up what it is. It's a topical analgesic. I find it works quite well. You rub it into your skin (you can wash the area after 20min to rid the smell and it is still effective). It comes in a spray or towelettes. There is also a box that says O24™ Pain Neutralizer if you wanted to buy one that didn't say "fibromyalgia" on it, they are the exact same product.

I buy mine at the pharmacy. Some only carry the O24™ Pain Neutralizer one in the gold box, the O24 Fibromyalgia™ comes in a blue box but like I said before they are the same.

If you go to thier website you can get a list of where to buy them in your state. Just google 024 Fibromyalgia. The company that makes it is called Swissmedica. I have seen advertisment for it was well on this ImmuneSupport.com site and it can be bought through the store here.
  5. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I used it last night for the second time. I ordered from this the Pro Health website. I try to buy from them when possible since they are so nice to supply us with this board. I ordered the spray. I purchased the spray bottle. My feet were hurting so bad and the pain meds do not seem to help my feet, I went into the bathroom that adjoins our bedroom and liberally sprayed by feet. It small engulfed the bathroom and the bedroom(the door was closed). We both had tears in our eyes. I wiped some of it off with a cloth.

Last night I slept in an upstairs bedroom so that I good try it again and my eyes watered on & off and my nose dripped but my feet felt better. I got sick during the night and ended up back in the master bedroom with my husband. Tonight I'm trying the upstairs bedroom again and my eyes are still burning when I entered the room. I might try a rub on product but the spray is powerful. It looks like I might be back in bed downstairs again if this doesn't stop.

6. kriket

kriket New Member

I bought some at CVS. It was a spray bottle, not very big. It was about the size of a big marker. It was 20.00 though. Kind of expensive. It helped some. You just spray this on and rub it in a little. The smell is a little too much for me. It gets extremely cold feeling.

Kriket
  7. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

I received a sample in the mail and was very pleased with how well it worked, so I did bite the bullet and buy the spray bottle.

I only use it when my pain is at a very high level, mainly because of the cost. So far it's the most effective remedy I've tried.

The smell is quite strong, however. Even washing it off after the 20 minutes doesn't get rid of all the smell, but it does help -- lots!

DH refers to it as "husband repellant". LOL

Mar
  8. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

I need some kind of husband repellant!

My boyfriend though absolutely LOVES the smell of the 024.

I use the spray, and there's time I'll be laying in bed watching tv, and he'll be fumbling around looking for something - and the next thing I know, I feel a little spritz on my back. Whether I needed it or not! lol

For the past year I've taken 100mg of Demerol at bedtime to help me get a few hours straight of sleep, and there's actually been times in the last 2 weeks that I've gone to bed with a good spritzing of 024 and NO Demerol what so ever!

I love the effect it has on my legs, as well. I have a considerably severe problem with RLS, but can't take the medications that would relieve it. The 024 I've found even helps with the restless leg sensations. Maybe not significantly, but every little bit helps!

I'm in Canada, and I've been buying mine at Shoppers Drug Mart. I went into a GNC health store because they were also on 024's website as a retail seller - but they were charging $29 for the same thing I spent $22 on at Shoppers.

I've tried Biofreeze, Ben Gay, A535, Deep Cold and WAY too many others; and none of them ever worked for me the way 024 does!

It's really been a life saver.

~Amanda
  9. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Sheasmom or others:
    Could you tell me roughly how long the spray lasts in giving pain relief?
    Thank you.

N.F.
  10. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

It usually lasts a few hours for me. Anywhere from 2-6.
  11. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

I find the effects of the spray starting to wear off around 4 hours for me.

My father uses it for lower back pain, and he says it gets him through an 8 hour shift.

I guess it depends on the pain your treating & the person!

~Amanda
  12. Computertroll

Computertroll New Member

I ordered some free samples of the towelettes. I got my husband to rub the product into my shoulders, upper back and neck. The initial feeling was cold, but after a few minutes, I felt this really nice, warm feeling. I thought I had died and gone to heaven - no pain in my neck, back and shoulders for the first time in months. The directions say you can drop a towelette in your bath water, so I put the used towelette back in the package and taped it shut. I waited a half hour before taking a bath. I dropped the towelette in the whirlpool tub and then rubbed it all over my arms, legs, hands and feet. The feeling was absolutely amazing and the effect lasted about 5 hours. I will definitely try this product again.