1/19/09 UPDATE: Dr. OZ STILL needs to hear from MORE of US!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by victoria, Nov 20, 2008.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

UPDATE AT END OF THIS THREAD (1-19-09) - please read! He needs to hear briefly from those who have had some gains from abx but still ill, just a few sentences is all that's needed actually!

UPDATE 12/08/08
    It's hard to believe, but Dr. Oz needs to hear from more of us! Come on everybody, this is what we've all been waiting for!!!

original message:
    Our friends at On The Marc Media have passed along the following news:

'Under Our Skin' will be featured on Dr. Mehmet Oz's radio show on Oprah
    and Friends.

XM Satellite Radio, November 26, 2008.

It airs 3 times during that day at 1:00 am, 7:00 am and 6:00 pm Eastern time.

*You can listen to via the Internet FOR FREE even if you don't have Satellite Radio!

Plus Dr. Oz said he "wants to hear from people who are suffering with Lyme."
    We are all encouraged to email Dr. Oz! Use the web form here:
    http://tinyurl.com/57cwvk

This may be your chance to talk one-on-one with Dr. Oz. Ask him your
    questions and you could be featured on the air!

Dr. Mehmet Oz said his "entire family couldn't stop watching 'Under Our Skin'". Dr. Oz interviewed filmmaker Andy Abrahams Wilson along with medical reporter Kathy Fowler for nearly an hour about the complications and controversies of Lyme disease.

It's a VERY big deal for the Lyme community that Dr. Oz featured this topic on his show because he is well respected and has a lot of influence in the medical community as well as the general public.

Dr. Mehmet Oz is professor and vice chairman of surgery at Columbia
    University in New York City, director of the Cardiovascular Institute
    and founder and director for the Complementary Medicine Program at
    NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. He is a regular contributor to The Oprah Winfrey Show and Oprah.com.

*You can listen to the show if you don't have Satellite Radio... These are the instructions we received from Oz's producer.

You can sign up online for free the day the program airs.
    Go to http://www.oprah.com/oaf
    and click on the “Free 30 Day XM Radio Trial.”
    Just register, and you can listen online.

(And, tell your friends to do the same!)

There might be last minute changes so check http://www.oprah.com/oaf

[This Message was Edited on 11/20/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 12/08/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/19/2009]
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

This is great information. I am going to sign up!

Pepper
  3. frango2

frango2 New Member

Bumping this up...

Please go to Oprah.com and send Dr. Oz a 2000 or less word e-mail.

These people are advocating for us. Now we have to do our part.

4. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

Thank you, I've emailed him - don't know if he's interested in European Lyme, but I guess every email helps.
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

I'd think so... it's becoming a world-wide problem between lyme and its usual 'friends'.

Has anyone gotten a response?

6. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

I e-mailed Dr. Oz yesturday. I received an e-mail from Turn the Corner Foundation asking to send our stories of Lyme. I didn't feel I had the energy but did it because it is so important.

Molly
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

From Michigan Lyme Disease Association:

We have just heard that we are on Oprah's radar.... that is a big deal!

But so far, there has not been an impressive enough response to Dr. Oz's show. We need much more. Get your friends, family, co-workers, doctors, nurses, anyone and everyone you know to write Dr. Oz. There are Lyme groups around the world -- everyone needs to be passing this info along and getting everyone to email in. Can everyone post it everywhere.... at their doctors offices, email friends and people who know what you are going through to contact Oz. Getting on Oprah would be a very huge deal.

Here is the info again: EMAIL DR. OZ: https://www.oprah.com/plugform.jsp?plugId=495&referer=

-----------

WOW I cannot BELIEVE there hasn't been much response! Hope y'all read this!
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

INPUT STILL DESPERATELY NEEDED!

from a lyme list:

Last November the Lyme community got a huge opportunity to get help. To
    me, it was the best opportunity we've had in ages.

Dr. Mahmet Oz is probably the best known doctor in the country because
    of his connection with Oprah.

He saw Under Our Skin, then contacted director Andy Abraham Wilson and
    interviewed him and reporter Kathy Fowler on the radio show called Oprah
    and Friends.

At the end, Dr. Oz asked to hear from all of us so that he can find out
    how many people have CHRONIC Lyme disease.

This is a legitimate request, since no such statistics exist. All we
    have is our ability to get on line and write to him and be counted!!!

So far it doesn't look like there has been much letter writing. Only
    2,200 people went on to the site to listen to the radio show, and that's
    probably a rough indication of how many actually wrote to him.

That ain't nothing. Twenty two hundred people in the country with an illness hardly sounds like the public health emergency we are experiencing. Particularly if the powers that be in medicine are saying the disease doesn't exist.

Before the NYS legislators took us seriously years ago they had to get 3,000 letters from New Yorkers alone.

We are very sick. We have only the power to make noise, and that is usually only from home by email or phone. This IS something we can do now that could mean a tipping point for us.

Please, please write to him so he gets an idea of how many chronic Lyme patients there are. There is a secure form to fill out to contact him at:
    https://www.oprah.com/plugform.jsp?plugId=495&referer=

His request was to hear if you have chronic Lyme and have been helped, although not cured, by long term antibiotics. So don't worry about having to describe your whole Lyme story. There is only room for a relatively brief message.

Do this right away, because I know how things get lost in the Lyme fog.

Hopefully, you will be so annoyed at me for pestering you that you will produce enough adrenaline to be able to fill out the email form to him right now ...

Ellen