1/5 a Remeron and.....??????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sheelanagigs, Sep 4, 2002.

1. sheelanagigs

sheelanagigs New Member

hello
    yesterday i was reading these wonderful posts and i read of someone taking a 1/5 of a Remeron tab and something for energy...i thought it was ritalin or provigil or one of the amphetamines.....i am seeing my MD tomorrow and i would like some more info on people taking these combinations. i tried remeron and i slept for like 3 days, so a teenier amt sounds great {have you tried to get a compounding pharmacist to make this dosage for you so you're not splitting the tab?}

i have a significant decrease in energy the past two and one half weeks. my thyroid has been upped and my hormones changed [i had NO testosterone]. i am on effexor and wellbutrin and taking klonopin for rest and pain with an occasional doxepin thrown in at night for severe pain.

i am thinking i need to change antidepressants for a while so am open to the remeron thing. provigil makes me smell bad [really] but doesn't do much for energy or brain fog--piracetam works great for brain fog...gone are the great days of ghb!!!

please share your ritalin, dex stories and how you convinced a physician to even consider such a thing?

also, adrenal insufficiency; I KNOW my adrenals don't work, but i have steroid anxiety. if anyone has been on cortef or whatever for an extended period of time, please let me kmow your experiences. how often you take? side effects etc?

anyone had luck with licorice tea for adrenal insufficiency per suggestion of dr. tetelbaum?

as for atp, isn't the half life of this zip? tell me how it works.

thanks.

many questions
    oonie
  2. sheelanagigs

sheelanagigs New Member

hello
    yesterday i was reading these wonderful posts and i read of someone taking a 1/5 of a Remeron tab and something for energy...i thought it was ritalin or provigil or one of the amphetamines.....i am seeing my MD tomorrow and i would like some more info on people taking these combinations. i tried remeron and i slept for like 3 days, so a teenier amt sounds great {have you tried to get a compounding pharmacist to make this dosage for you so you're not splitting the tab?}

i have a significant decrease in energy the past two and one half weeks. my thyroid has been upped and my hormones changed [i had NO testosterone]. i am on effexor and wellbutrin and taking klonopin for rest and pain with an occasional doxepin thrown in at night for severe pain.

i am thinking i need to change antidepressants for a while so am open to the remeron thing. provigil makes me smell bad [really] but doesn't do much for energy or brain fog--piracetam works great for brain fog...gone are the great days of ghb!!!

please share your ritalin, dex stories and how you convinced a physician to even consider such a thing?

also, adrenal insufficiency; I KNOW my adrenals don't work, but i have steroid anxiety. if anyone has been on cortef or whatever for an extended period of time, please let me kmow your experiences. how often you take? side effects etc?

anyone had luck with licorice tea for adrenal insufficiency per suggestion of dr. tetelbaum?

as for atp, isn't the half life of this zip? tell me how it works.

thanks.

many questions
    oonie
  3. Sweetmia

Sweetmia New Member

I take 1/4 of a 30 mg soft tablet of Remeron for sleep. At a low dose it is wonderful for sleep. I do not take it as an anti-depressant. I take Effexor XP 75 mg as an anti-depressant and 600 mgs of Provigil for energy--helps with my fatigue. You do not have to go to a compounding pharmacy for a low dose of Remeron--just break the tablet.
  4. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Hi, do this.....go to add-fibromyalgia.com and read about the effects of ritalin for us fibro people, I tried it, adderal worked the best for me, tried concerta, no results, adderal did well, relieved pain, esp the achilles heel thing, that is a killer for me, but I could not sleep at all, tried it for about a week or so & gave up, remeron helped me sleep but gained 30 lbs (or more) I was eating everything in sight and then some. I use ambien for sleep, I take 10 mgs, works great, even better with magnesium at bedtime.

Good luck!

Jaci
  5. allie2

allie2 New Member

remeron in smaller dosages makes you more sleepy according to my doctor. I took it but did not like it because it mad me constipated and caused quite a bit of weight gain.

Allison

[ advertisement ]