10,000 Members here..........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dojomo, Oct 18, 2002.

1. dojomo

dojomo New Member

For those that are curious (like me). I emailed James and asked how many members are registered at this site. He wrote;

E-mail message

Hello,
    Since there are so many posts per day I can rarely read all of them. Emailing me is the sure fire way to get a response. I think over that last 3 years we have had over 10,000 people register for the boards..
    Sincerely,
    James

2. dojomo

dojomo New Member

For those that are curious (like me). I emailed James and asked how many members are registered at this site. He wrote;

E-mail message

Hello,
    Since there are so many posts per day I can rarely read all of them. Emailing me is the sure fire way to get a response. I think over that last 3 years we have had over 10,000 people register for the boards..
    Sincerely,
    James

3. motg

motg New Member

Thats a lot of people
  4. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

We need to get some sort of letter drafted addressing our issues to send to all our Congress people. It should mention the problems we have getting our illness taken seriously and the never-ending struggle to get SS benefits that are rightfully ours. With 10,000 signatures it might at least get noticed. I am beginning to feel like a pit bull in the arena of fibromyalgia patients vs the establishment. If anyone else thinks this is a good idea, I am willing to do whatever I can to help.
    Kathryn
  5. Vamp

Vamp New Member

Kathryn..... YOU are so right. If in fact, this site draws that many - we should Do something to help "our cause"
    All for that here...14 years, and near as I can see we are no further than at the inception of this illness 14 years ago....NOT for me and my lifetime, but for all the others that have to and will have to deal with this dreadful disease.....
    Vamp
  6. herblady

herblady New Member

gee, i have 10,000 friends. makes me feel better. cindi
  7. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

There seems to be only so many people who post. Definately not anywhere close to that number.
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Almost two years, and I can believe the number! People come and go, and I sure have seen thousands myself. I welcomed quite a few of them personally.

We have a lot of members who read and don't post often. So that accounts for many of them too.

Its sad to see so many young people who have contacted FM/CFS in the time I have been on this board. They seem to be getting younger all the time.

Hopefully they come up with a 'cause' and a 'cure' soon!

Shalom, Shirl
  9. PMangels

PMangels New Member

I would never have guessed.

Cindi, I liked your "positive" answer. Do keep smiling.

Arlene