10 things that can cause fibro that your doctor doesn't know about...functional medicine approach

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Alyssa-Admin, Feb 13, 2015.

?

Have you ever received treatment/help from a functional medicine doctor?

1. Would you recommend going to one?

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Did it help you significantly?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. A little bit?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Not really...

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Alyssa-Admin

Alyssa-Admin Active Member

I am a great believer in the fact that Western doctors simply throw meds at us to be the 'bandage' to our symptoms...but the problem is that what might be causing the issue to begin with, may never be dealt with...leaving you with being on heavy duty medications (that may or may not work).

Functional Medicine takes a look at not only your whole body - but your environment as well. Here is a list borrowed from the Mind Body Green website in regards to what a functional medicine doctor would discuss in regards to your fibro.

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-10103/10-causes-of-fibromyalgia-your-doctor-doesnt-know-about.html
    RadioFM likes this.
  2. edwardcejka

edwardcejka Member

Thank you for sharing this resource. It's quite informative.
    Alyssa-Admin likes this.
  3. JKN913

JKN913 Member

I question if these 10 are the cause, or are they default conditions? It is hard to say, what came first the disease or the conditions. In my case, I started having symptoms after I caught a virus. But, I knew I was gluten sensitive before I caught the virus. I also have mercury fillings, and I was going through peri-menopause so my hormones - adrenals, were already stressed too. How many of the others on the list I had, I don't know.

So did the virus lay the foundation for me to become deficient in vitamins, adrenal fatigue, etc., or did these conditions set the stage for the virus to be more effective? Maybe you have to have both?
  4. jkennedy

jkennedy Member

I developed fibro after falling and hitting my head.
  5. JKN913

JKN913 Member

Maybe you hit your head because of vitamin deficiency, adrenal fatigue and candida?:eek:
    Sorry, I have to joke once in a while. :D
  6. jkennedy

jkennedy Member

No offense taken, but I hit my head because I was pushed.
  7. JKN913

JKN913 Member

Wow, I am really sorry about that. I hope it wasn't on purpose....:(
  8. ljimbo42

ljimbo42 Active Member

Hi jkennedy- I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but head trauma can cause intestinal permeability (leaky gut) and allow toxins from bacteria in the gut to get into the bloodstream and cause many CFS/FM symptoms. There is a lot of science behind this, here is a link to a google search I did if you are interrested-https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=head trauma intestinal permeability

I have intestinal permeabilty (leaky gut), but mine was caused from countless coarses of antibiotics wiping out my good bacteria, so the bad bacteria overgrew and damaged my intestines. I am certain this is causing the majority of my CFS/FM symptoms, I know this from years of trial and error. I hope this helps you. All the best.............. Jim
  9. jkennedy

jkennedy Member

Thanks for the info, @ljimbo42. I'll look into it!
  10. ljimbo42

ljimbo42 Active Member

You're welcome-best of luck to you!