101 outside. Sat in carseat for a heat pad & no sweat????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DayByDazey, Aug 4, 2010.

1. DayByDazey

DayByDazey New Member

I was at work Mon Tues. It's 101 degrees outside. I'd go to my car & sit w/door open & without AC on. I sat in my car seat which felt like a giant heat pad because it was in the sun. I sat there for 15 minutes while the heat soothed my muscle spasms. I noticed that I wasn't sweating. It's like I have no sensitivity to heat or cold either when I went back in the office with AC. I did this all day once an hour to try to get some relief. Today I'm home with more spasms & knots. I have Diabetic Neuropathy, OA, RA, Fibro. Anyone else not have heat/AC SENSITIVITY? A normal person wouldn't be able to sit in a car with 105-110 heat index w/o sweating let alone be able to sit there for 15 minutes in the sun with only the door open & not have the car's AC on. Anyone else have this? I couln't believe it later in the day-it dawned on me that I shouldn't be able to TOLERATE those conditions. Thnx! Connie Sue
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

I'm so impressed! I would have been in a little puddle in the parking lot before I even got to the car. Is it possible that part of your pain may be because your body can't rid itself of toxins efficiently?

My husband got an infrared sauna for help with his muscle pain (and he likes 'sweating it out' anyway), but it took me several sessions before I would sweat all over, not just on my scalp or upper back. I do know that before I was put on Zoloft (now Effexor), I did not sweat very efficiently at all. I would become very, very uncomfortable, like I was being cooked on the inside, but it wasn't until I got on meds that the perspiration would just pour off me, then I would cool down.

Your story is another anecdote of how our body thermastats are BROKEN!
  3. u&iraok

u&iraok New Member

I could do this, love the heat, not sweat and everyone else was dying. And also when I had bad systemic candida it was really bad--I could not get warm even when it was warm out.