10th Peptide Injection Already

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Mikie, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, somewhere along the line, I lost count and thought this was my 9th. So, I'm almost home. My next shot will be in six weeks instead of four. The final shot will be six weeks after that and then, I'm done.

All my symptoms are gone except for exhaustion. The doc and I think the exhaustion is from my head trauma due to my fall eight weeks ago. Prior to that, I had had times of energy. My memory and cognitive issues from the fall are better. The doc says that the exhaustion can last a long time but that some morning, I will wake up and just feel better. I hate the idea of a head injury because they can trigger all kinds of things. This wasn't my first serious one.

I believe if anyone can get the money together to try this, it's definitely worth a try. My doc says that it is immediately evident after the first injection whether they will work. If after three, there is no improvement, the shots are discontinued. My arthritis in my hands and wrists went away for good the night of my first injection. Other symptoms would get better and then I'd have a bit of a relapse but, all in all, I was making progress. As soon as the exhaustion gets better, I will be symptom free. I don't use the C word, "cure." I prefer "symptom free."

Thanks to everyone who has offered support and good wishes. Also, thanks to everyone for your interest in this treatment.

Love, Mikie
  2. neoplus1

neoplus1 Member

To hear that you are for the most part symptom free and will be off these injections soon is so great. I wish I had a doctor near by that does them. I would do them in a heart beat. I pray that after you are done, that will be it and you won't have to worry about these symptoms anymore.

Hopefully the symptoms of your nasty fall will also subside for good soon. I'll keep you in my prayers.

-Neo
  3. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

that's great....the fatigue thing...??? Is it mild fatigue or a lot or how much.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you both so much for your kind good wishes.

Jam, the fatigue/exhaustion has been fairly steady since the fall. I just don't have energy to do much. I'm not bedridden but only have enough energy to get by. I am feeling a bit of a boost this afternoon from the shot. That usually happens but it doesn't always last. It can come and go. I hope it lasts. I'm optimistic that it will lift eventually for good.

Love, Mikie
  5. mbofov

mbofov Member

I'm so glad for you for all the progress you've made, and so sorry you have to deal with exhaustion from your fall - it ain't fair! I hope the fatigue lifts soon, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers -

Best wishes,

Mary
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I keep you in my prayers as well. You are always so kind and caring. I really appreciate it.

I am not able to take my meds, except my Special K, until tomorrow. I can't take them for two days before, the day of, and the day after the shots. Still, I am feeling better than I usually do when I'm off my meds. I woke with a bit of energy so went to the condo mtg. and am doing laundry.

I laughed because I had told the doc my cognitive functioning and memory were improved from the fall. This morning, I went down to get my mail and left my mailbox door open with my keys in it. Oh yeah, sharp as a tack :) I'm going to rest for the remainder of the day, take a soak in Epsom Salts this evening and climb into a nice fresh bed. Ahhhhhh!

Take care, my friend.

Love, Mikie
  7. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, Mikie.

Here's hoping and praying that things will keep moving toward total recovery for you!

Best regards,

Rich
  8. jaminhealth

Special K, the cereal? ka,
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Rich, thanks for your kind and caring support. I mentioned in another thread that I'm going to ask my doc about how the peptides deal with genetic predisposition to our illnesses. Can they correct these genetic deficiencies? That seems strange but then, a lot of things can affect our DNA. I need him to answer me in laywoman's terms. His IQ is waaaaay up there and he will forget that the rest of us are on another level.

Jam, I call Klonopin my Special K. Sorry for the confusion.

Love, Mikie
  10. jaminhealth

I wondered as I thought I read you were off all meds...do you think you'll be off Special K...I forget what K is for. thanks for the clarification. jam
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Klonopin is the one thing I can continue to take, thank God. Still, when I'm off my BP meds and hormones, it starts affecting how I feel. It's only four days each time but those four days really get to me. It's only two more shots and that makes me happy.

Love, Mikie
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

With this injection, like past ones, I am feeling a few effects of healing. I can feel some nerve regeneration in my face from where I fell. I know how this feels becaise I had nerve damage from prior surgery on my bicep tendon years ago and when the nerve began to heal, it produced a tingling which is unmistakable. Also, there is more feeling in the area.

Following the injections, I have had warm healing sensations in various parts of my body. I just figure that these areas would eventually heal but that the injections give healing a boost.

Now, if I can just get over the effects of my fall. All I can say is to respect gravity! In physics, it's called a weak force but I did not find that to be the case :)

Love, Mikie
  13. deepak

deepak Member

So happy for you.

I will pray that this symptom-free feeling will continue and this would be the end of your illness saga ! :)

With love,
    Deepak
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I still have pain from the fall but no symptoms related to my illnesses. I just hope and pray the two last injections will do the trick. Thank you so much for your kind good wishes. How are you doing?

Love, Mikie
  15. deepak

deepak Member

Well,

I am leaning more towards me having some kind of spirochetal or parasite infection rather than FM

So i am trying some herbs - Buhner protocol for lyme - and seeing how I feel on it - I do feel somewhat better surely than I was earlier - but not normal....

I was thinking maybe I will add doxy on my own and see how I do on that - found out one hospital here which tests Lyme !! So am going tomo there, though am not too hopeful about the test and its quality -

I also spoke to 2 famous homeopaths here who seemed to be much more understandng of my situtation than any allopathic dr has ever been - so am going to consult them too :)

Am continuing the LDN -it surely helps in blunting symptoms though it is not a cure ....

Love,
    Deepak :)
  16. msxxxx

msxxxx New Member

Hello all
    I am new to this forum and would like to find the names of doctors in California that give these SAM injections. I have used them in the past, but I no longer live where that doctor is located, and they will not give me any names of other doctors that use these injections.
    I have tried to find information online about these, and the only link I have found is http://www.mb.com.ph/node/289225/the-late
    Which is an article about a doctor in Florida that is using them.

Anyhow if anyone can give me any leads to doctors in CA (preferrable Northern CA) I would be very appreciative.

Thanks you
  17. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

I haven't been on this board for awhile, but I had been thinking of you lately and wondering how you were doing. I am so happy that the peptide injections are working for you, but sorry to hear about your fall.

Overall, it sounds like you are headed in the right direction for healing. My thoughts and prayers are with you for your continued recovery to acceptable health.

I am under aggressive treatment for Lyme disease and have made strides toward recovery. Fatigue is still an issue at times, but last week I had ridden my bicycle two miles, something I haven't done in a least 6 years. So yes, perserverance, prayer, and a change of doctors do make a difference. (I had been at one time on medical disability for 2 years.)

God bless.

CherylSue
  18. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Deepak, I am praying that your treatments are helping you. Good luck with the test. I know that you have been a tireless researcher and that is what it takes to heal.

Msxxxx, I have never heard them called SAM. I'll have to check out the website. My doc is here in FL. Did the injections help you?

CherylSue, I am sooooo happy that you are better. Thank you so much for updating us. I'm so impressed that you can ride your bike now. If you want to share what you are doing for your Lyme, I'm sure our members would appreciate it. My prayers are with you and all our members for healing.

Love, Mikie

OK, checked the website and it appears to be the same treatment which originated at Oxford. There are about 25 docs in the US now who are authorized to do this. My doc, Dr. Gomeringer is in SW FL, along with Dr. Dakos. Both do the injections. The FDA is demanding that the name be changed from peptide to amino acid solution injections. Your tax dollars at work.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/18/2012]
  19. msxxxx

msxxxx New Member

Mikie
    Have you ever seem the vials the injections come in? If we are talking about the same thing, which I am sure we are because all the info matches, the vial are small brown glass vials, and the only thing on the label of the vials says
    Lot number
    SAM-(then letters that indicate which type of autoimmine it is for) followed by a set of 6 numbers
    the bottom is an exp. date.

The type I have used is SAM-DR and SAM-AL and now I want to try the SAM-U

Can you please inquire with your doctors office if he has a list of the known doctors that are using the injection, and if there are any names of doctor in CA.
    I would be so very grateful to you.
    I am wondering how you learned the FDA is demanding they change the name from peptide injection to amino acid solution injection. It does make more sense because the label name SAM stands for Sequenced Amino acids
    I would also be very interested to know if only doctors practicing alternative medicine are using them. I realize most traditional western med docs are not open to anything but drugs from the big pharma industry, which is very sad that this industry controls so much of the medical training in the US.

Again any info you can find out for me would be so very appreciated.
    Thanks kindly
    ms
  20. jaminhealth

doctors who do peptides are: Dr. Hans Gruenn and Dr. Green who is with Dr. David Alan in WLA.