11 out of 18 Tender points

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chickypoohtoo, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Chickypoohtoo

Chickypoohtoo New Member

Do you have to have 11 out of 18 tender points to get a diagnoses of Fibromyalgia? I have all the symptoms but I do not have any tender points when they push on them. I have been living with terrible pain for 13 months, but I am now in remission. I will see the RHeumy on Oct 2nd and I do not have a lot of hope since I do not have tender points. Thanks for any help! Jude
  2. puddin827

puddin827 New Member

Have you been checked for the tender points yet ? If not, then when he does, you will know it ! I can't feel mine unless I accidently scratch them or my boyfriend is rubbing my neck or something and then I really feel them.
  3. Chickypoohtoo

Chickypoohtoo New Member

The neurologist tested me and I had no tender points. I don't know what that will mean for me now. I feel so hopeless about getting help now.
  4. pegasus83

pegasus83 New Member

I don't have tenderpoints. What I do have is a several year history of achy fatigue. Every day I hurt and feel exhausted, but none of the docs I have been to know what to do with me. I don't know what to do with me either, but I am sick of living like this.
    good luck at your appt.
    peggy
  5. Chickypoohtoo

Chickypoohtoo New Member

I am so sorry to hear that you are going thru all of this too. Why does it have to hurt so much to live? I know that living is not easy for anyone but some of us have to struggle too much. I will be thinking about you Peggy. Jude