120 mg. of Cymbalta

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MoibonFL, Feb 22, 2007.

1. MoibonFL

MoibonFL New Member

Is anyone at this dose of Cymbalta?? Doctor doubled my dose yesterday.. 60 in the morning and 60 in the evening...
  2. Kellyslaw

Kellyslaw New Member

I have been on 120 mg of Cymbalta for the last week. It is really working. I accidently skipped a dose at bedtime, and the next morning I could hardly move. My dr said 120 is the theraputic dose for FM, my therapist agreed.

I hope you have the same results MoibonFL.

Hugs,
    Kelly
  3. myjoy

myjoy New Member

Wow, I'm only on 30mg. I didn't know you could take as much as 120.

I see my doctor on monday, I'm wondering if I will be taking more soon.
  4. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I have been on 120 mg. for over a year.
  5. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

I was on 90 and it stopped helping (went from 30 to 60 to 60 over 2 months). Now I'm weaning down because (For no other reason than it "sounded" like a lot) I didn't want to bump to 120.

Let me know how it goes.

Joann
  6. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I have been on that dose for a year now.It is the highest dose they can go to.I take my 120 at noon.

Sue
  7. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

How has the 120mg affected your weight. I gained about pounds per 30mgs. When 90 stopped doing the trick I wasn't willing to gain another 7 pounds to find it didn't work. The weight was/is really "weighing me down". Hard enough to move without an extra 21 pounds on a 5' 4" frame.

Any thoughts?

Joann
  8. MoibonFL

MoibonFL New Member

Wow..I hope it helps me as much as others have said it helped them. So far, no problems..Weight gain?? That's all I need. I'll be carefully watching that scale as this goes on...I take 60 twice a day, not all at once and he said with food..but I take it with or without..just trying to remember to take it is enuf! I worked 4 hours tonight as a closing cashier which includes vacuuming the store before closing and other tasks and my feet are killing me so it definately isn't working yet on those..or on my lower back. I should notice a difference in a week or so I hope. Glad to know this isn't an unusual dose. Is everyone doing ok Mentally as well as physically on this stuff? Comming off the lexapro has kinda made me cry very easily and I notice I am very impatient..I hope this gets better again.. Thank you again for everyone's responses
  9. MoibonFL

MoibonFL New Member

10. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I also gained weight.About 40lbs.it stopped that was all i gained.I also listened to my doctors and eat 6 small meals a day and nothing after 6 pm.

I think the meals are what stopped the weight gain.
    Sue
  11. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I have a Cymbalta quandry also.

I am currently on 60 mgs daily. I was on recieving these pills because my rheumy had samples of them and my insurance wouldnt cover them.

Now I have been off of them for about a week. I am not noticing much of a difference in the pain like I used to on Cymbalta.

My rheumy is so "gung-ho" about Cymbalta, that I know for a fact he'll just up the dose when I present this to him.

My problem is is that for those who dont know, I had the lap band done last March. Since starting Cymbalta, my weight loss has stalled. Im not eating any differently, so Im just not understanding this whole "weight-gaining" and medication mathematics.

I know that a former member had a theory behind "weight-gainers" as I call them. Does anyone know the true facts behind what the deal is?

Anybody have any input on what I should do. I really dont want to continue with Cymbalta if I have it my way.

Sorry to barg in on your thread Moibon!

Steph
  12. suzetal

suzetal New Member

That cymbalta and a few other medications lower your metabolism. Thats why the weight gain or maybe the halt in weight loss for you.

My doctor told me one way to improve metabolism is to eat 5 to 6 small meals a day and nothing after 6 or 7 pm.

Thats all that I know .

Sorry not much help.

Sue
  13. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I gained over 30 pounds after starting it and can't budge a pound back off!
  14. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Thanks for your infinite wisdom!

You are the first person to give me an answer that makes sense

Steph
  15. MoibonFL

MoibonFL New Member

16. MoibonFL

MoibonFL New Member

I'd like to know more about the emotional aspects of Cymbalta. How did you feel comming off of other antidepressants and going on to the Cymbalta. Were you moody, depressed, anxious, elated? I'm going thru my own emotional roller coaster right now and want to know if anyone else has experienced this..Thanks!
    [This Message was Edited on 02/23/2007]
  17. fmransom

fmransom New Member

Yes , me too. I have been on 120 mg. for over a yr. It has been wonderful for me. I was very emotional and this has worked for that, as well as helped some w/pain.

I take both my pills in the morn. . I have gained weight
    but it was worth it to me. Meds work differently on people so
    I would sure try it.

Good Luck to all.
  18. MoibonFL

MoibonFL New Member

I think the 120 is working a little more. Elbow and shoulders are not nearly as bad as they were..Now I can't wait til it helps my ankles and feet and my lower back and most of all my BRAIN. But IT IS WORKING!