12hrs. Drs. orders

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by selma, Sep 5, 2003.

1. selma

selma New Member

I really want to follow the Drs. prescription.
    The narcotic won't last the 12 hrs. it's supposed to and I don't want to take it now. This is only the 1st day on the increase to 20mg twice a day. I was on 10mg three times a day. Took the X-Tylenol.
    I have to go thru mor days like this.
    Help Please !
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2003]
  2. LindaH

LindaH New Member

I can't help but I care. I hope you can find some help or a solution for your pain. I sure know how it is. I will keep you in my prayers.

God Bless
    Linda
  3. lovabuga

lovabuga New Member

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN I HAVE AN ORDER FOR A 24 HOUR PAINMED AND BELIEVE ME IT SURELY DOESN'T LAST THAT LONG.MAYBE ABOUT HALF THAT TIME.DON'T FIGURE....PAIN MED WORKS ABOUT HALF THE TIME THAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO.SORRY THAT I CAN'T HELP BUT I'M WITH YOU.GOTTA GO TO BED NOW CAUSE MY FLARE IS GETTING THE BEST.TONIGHT I'LL HAVE TO LET IT WIN.NO ENERGY TOFIGHT IT

LOVABUGA
  4. selma

selma New Member

Thank-you for being here. I had to give in.
    I'll try again tomorrow.
    I do appreciate the time it takes to post. I don't get to do it often. It means so much to have your posts.
    Love and Huggs, Selma
  5. sunshine8957

sunshine8957 New Member

Speak with a nurse and explain med is not lasting 12 hours,
    that you are having too much breakthrough pain. Be prepared with you pharmacies phone number b/c nurse will ask for it. I'm on an nonsteroidal anti-inflmatory and it
    is working for me. Remember it can take a lot of trial and errors before the meds are right for YOU.

Please call your Doctor's nurse Monday - you may be pleasantly suprised or greatly disappointed, but your doctor needs to know what works with you and what doesn't.

God Bless and lots of soft hugs,

Sunshine8957