15 yr old daughter moved in with boyfriend today

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by warriorinlace, Jun 6, 2004.

1. warriorinlace

warriorinlace New Member

My daughter has been involved with a boy (17) for the past few months and today under unpleasant circumstances left home to live with him and his family.

When I rang the police to see what I could do legally I discovered that my hands are tied and I can do nothing. This is unbelievable, would you please pray for the Lord to have his way with her.

It is my desire more than anything that she truly come to know him and recently I prayed that he would do whatever it took to have her turn to the Lord but I don't think I was prepared for this. I know that He has everything in control but in my humaness my mothers heart is breaking and I feel so sad.

Lace
  2. dash

dash New Member

Dear Lace,

I am praying for you that God will give you the courage and strength to stand for Him in the situation with your daughter.

Dear Lord,

I lift up Lace to You that You would be a balm to her wounded heart. Give her hope that her daughter will turn to You and away from the path she has chosen.

In Jesus' name I pray,
    Della
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will keep you, and your daughter in prayer. I don't understand how the authorities have tied your hands with a fifteen year old?

In this state (Louisiana) its 17 before they can leave home, but yet they can't buy liquor or cigarettes untill they are 21.

I know how you feel, there are times when we do not understand the ways of the Lord,and why He allows some of the things our children do, but always, and I mean always, in the end of the situation that we pray for, He shows us why it went the way it did. Even if its breaking our hearts when one of our children are involved.

I will pray that the Lord answers prayer swifty for you and your precious daugher.

God's peace, and mercy go out to you.

Shalom, Shirl

4. warriorinlace

warriorinlace New Member

Shalom is such a beautiful word it gives me a sense of being wrapped in a beautiful soft blanket and settled somewhere safe.

I am reminded 'that all things work for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to his purpose", so thank you all for your prayer support and I am waiting now for her to have a change of heart and return home.

In the meantime I am going to see the chaplain and deputy at her school and I have sent an email to our local member of Parliament and our Prime Minister ( I'm an Aussie) to ask why the law is in place but will not be enforced maybe this will result in a much wider application and prevent other families from going through this trauma but that remains to be seen.

hugs to you all and may our Lord richly bless you

love Lace
  5. tksinclair

tksinclair New Member

is scary, hurtful, (did I say scary?) Just remember that lots of what you're feeling is fear. Fear based on hearing or reading or watch on tv about 15 year old girls and what happens to their lives when they move out angry, have no skills, probably no money..It;s very scary as a mother.

Take a deep breath. Remember to not just pray for her, but for you. I will pray that he guides you both to make the right choices and decisions. To be able to communicate calmly. To help you find the answers you need and to keep you calm while you're making them.

I wish you good luck and the Lords blessings.

This is my favorite saying. I think it was said by Maya Angelu but I'm not sure - I think it speaks everything:

"You do what you can, and when you know better, you do better."

So, just ask that of yourself. Give yourself a hug and for now, put one foot in front of the other.
    My friend lost his son to cancer last Monday the 31st. They ran out of time. You what you can and when you know better (or learn better or are taught better) you do better.

Good luck. This is a temporary thing tht doesn't have to have long term consqeuenced unles you make it that way. Pray but pray for action. Pray for faith. Pray for patience. Pray for strength.

Write down in a journal what do you think the relationship you had imagined would look like? WRite it down. What do you think it would look like. Then write down what it is.

Be back tomorrow to see if you tried. Good luck.
  6. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Dear Lace,
    You've received a lot of good prayer and advice. I will pray for you also as I know your heart must feel a lot of pain.

I think what I've been learning most in my life is that after I look at God's resources and what he is able to do, then I pray in faith knowing that he is a God who answers prayer then I surrender to him knowing that he is wiser than me.

I just wrote out James 1:2 to another person on here about how we are supposed to consider it pure joy when we face trials of various kinds. Look up a few more posts and maybe you'll find it. It says how God tests/proves our faith so that it be be revealed as gold

I pray along with Della adding a few lines:
    I lift up Lace to You that You would be a balm to her wounded heart. Give her hope that her daughter will turn to You and away from the path she has chosen. Also, help Lace to surrender this into your loving knowing that you are far wiser. You promise that you will work all things together for the good of them that love you and are called according to your purposes. Thank you in advance!!!

Monkeykat - Kathy