16 FM and very sad

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pamelasng, Sep 26, 2002.

1. pamelasng

pamelasng New Member

My 16 year old daughter woke up this morning and started to cry, she is FM (her whole life) and I was hopeing maybe some of you could send her a hug or two, with a little bit of hope. Her name is Jessie. Thankyou Pam.
  2. pamelasng

pamelasng New Member

My 16 year old daughter woke up this morning and started to cry, she is FM (her whole life) and I was hopeing maybe some of you could send her a hug or two, with a little bit of hope. Her name is Jessie. Thankyou Pam.
  3. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

((((gentle hugs))))to you! You are a very brave girl. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. dolsgirl
  4. cpalance

cpalance New Member

Hi Jessie, don't give up, tomorrow will be a brighter day, if not tomorrow then the next day. I am so sorry you are going through all this, I am 54 and have FM, my daughter has had Lupus since she was in 6th grade. She is 24 now and a beautiful girl just like you. She just keeps pushing ahead one day at a time. I believe that God has something special planned for you other wise you would not have this desease. God never gives us more than we can handle. I must sound like a Bible Thumper, trust me I'm not, but we all have to have something to believe in to keep going. Just try and take one day at a time, and if that is too much try one hour. You are so young you have a chance for a cure. Don't ever give up hope.
    Hugs, Hugs and more Hugs......
    I will be thinking about you.
    Cindy
  5. roro

roro New Member

Dont worry, you will get through this! They will find a cure soon.
  6. diggity

diggity New Member

hang tight hon, it's frustrating I know, but you will get through this. Just think of yourself as very special, not just anybody could be strong enough to handle what you do. Those football players at your school only wish they had the strength and courage that you do. They'd wimp out the first day. :eek:)
  7. lease79

lease79 New Member

**Gentle Hugs** - from someone who was in the same place at 16. I am nearly 23 now ;)
    Hope that you are feeling a little better soon.

Lease
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hang in there, Kiddo. It's OK to cry; we all do. Please know that there is a lot of research going on which will bring treatments and, hopefully, a cure someday. Don't give up and take good care of yourself.

Love, Mikie
  9. kadywill

kadywill New Member

we're here for you anytime, sweetie!!!!!

((((((((((((((((((((((soft squeezes)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Love,
    Kady
  10. JP

JP New Member

Hi Jessie,

I am 42 and have had widespread pain and severe back pain since age 15. I have a great life too. Sure the pain is the pits and life can be great in spite of it all.

I have a Bachelor of Science and a Master’s degree. I have owned businesses and houses and fun cars. More importantly, my life is full of loving friends and family.

I have a list of conditions, including FM. I think the magic is working on having a positive attitude, gratitude and keeping your dreams alive.

Hang in there Jessie,
    Jan
  11. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Jessie---what a world you have in front of you!!
    Yes, there are valleys and mountains to struggle through, and over --but that is what makes the beauties in life even more magnificent! Those who have afflictions in life can truly appreciate the good that comes their way!
    Big Gentle--Hugs for you!
    Karen
  12. G

G New Member

Little one, I wish I could take all this pain and illness away for you right now. I have had FM for years and was diagnosed in my 20's and now am 48. Going through this illness is so hard for us and we do cry, and cry we must for the person we once were before an new symptom came along. And with each new one we do grieve for we know it won't always go away and the pain is intense, even at the best of times. Having an good hour, hours, day or days becomes an blessing for us and we grasp those minutes and make the best of them because we realize it won't last long. So, Jessie, you cry when you need to, talk to someone who understands and run for an hug from Mom when you are feeling blue or becoming depressed. Mom will always be there to pick you up when you fall and the pain is intense, when you are too tired to move and "when you just need her".

One day, there will be an cure and we'll all shout for joy and then the whole world will know how many of us there are with this horrible illness! Keep your chin up and know I'll be thinking of you and praying that you are having an good day.

((((Gentle Hugs))))
    G
  13. *Isla*

*Isla* New Member

I think it's incredibly difficult to be a teenager. The teen years have got to be the hardest time of life (at least I hope so). But to be a teenager with an illness like FM is just that much worse. I know this because I'm 17 years old and I have CFS and FM. And I also woke up crying this morning.
    However, it's days like this that I remind myself that what doesn't kill me only makes me stronger and CFS/FM are not fatal. I know it's a cliche but I get so much more out of life than those people who coast through. It's an incredible skill to still be able to smile honestly when you're exhausted and in pain. I wish that for you.
    If you want to talk, my email is sk8_4_au@hotmail.com. I know what it's like to be sweet 16 when it's not so sweet.
    My prayers and thoughts are with you. God bless and keep smilin'!!
    *Sonia*
  14. diggity

diggity New Member

You have a beautiful outlook. God Bless You.