18 and counting

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jeanderek, Mar 9, 2003.

1. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

That is how many trips I have made to the bathroom today. IBS is killing me, does anyone have bouts this bad with it. I have been drinking water all day trying to keep hydrated. Don't know how anything could be left lol.

Best Wishes,
    Jeanna
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

You sound like me, only my bathroom visits are on account of cystitis, not IBS! But it seems both things are common with FM, and both can often be results of "leaky gut syndrome". You probably know all this already, having IBS as bad as you do, but have you been tested for food allergies? I recently learned I have serious food allergies, ones I never suspected, because I did NOT have IBS symptoms, & most people with food allergies have IBS. However, I learned that they can cause a lot of fibro symptoms, including cystitis. I'm now on a diet to eliminate these foods, probiotics & digestive enzymes.

As I said, I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but I just wanted to mention it in case---it would definitely be worth mentioning to a doctor if you haven't. My allergist has worked wonders with patients with IBS, a lot of it is just identifying what's at the root of it.

Good luck & I hope you can get some relief.

Hugs,
    Pam
  3. RedB

RedB New Member

Hi Jeanna, It sounds like you're having a horrible day. Is this a totally normal thing for you, or does this only happen occasionally?

Have you been checked for Diverticulitis, and Crohn's disease?

I used to have problems like this years ago, and sometimes Metamucil would help.

There's a great website called "Project Inform", which has a lot of good information about IBS.

Kathy
  4. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

Thanks for the advice, I have not been checked for allergies but the only thing that has caused me to be sick before is pineapple and that was a skin rash. This is the first time it was ever this bad (and I am feeling much better today) I think that I might have had a touch of a stomach virus that is going around or something. Most of the time if I have IBS is right after I eat and its only once or twice but yesterday was terrible. I hope that I never have it that bad again. My husband was sick a few weeks ago with a stomach flu and I never did get sick so maybe the germ was still lurking and finally got me lol. Thanks for your concerns and I am going to talk to my doctor about it next visit. Have a great day!

hugs,
    Jeanna
  5. STEFFI43

STEFFI43 New Member

Jeanna,

I have IBS and Chronic Cystitis. I cannot control my bowels or bladder. This is a real social issue and makes me even more depressed. I can relate.

Steffi
  6. STEFFI43

STEFFI43 New Member

I would like to know how leaky gut syndrome affects someone.
    I have IBS(incontinence) and Chronic Cystitis(incontinence).
    It is very hard to work with the first condition.

Thanks for any information.