1st day on Straight Oxycontin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abcanada, Jan 11, 2007.

1. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I waited 24 hours before starting the oxycontin my doc prescribed to me the other day. I was nervous of taking too much(switching from percocet), and it not being as effective for the pain. Well I took it at 6:50am this morning. I could feel my ankles burning & had a very sore back when I woke. The last 24 hours has been one huge migraine. It's now 8:45am and it has completely taken the pain away , nor has my migraine returned this am even though it should have as I'm having brutal visual disturbances. I feel great, well considering the pain I usually endure. I'll be interested to see if she got the dose right, or if I'll need percocet later. I'm to take 1 20mg tab every 12 hours. I was taking the percocet all day long, but not through the night(8 a day). I didn't think you were suppose to feel the 'buzzy' effects of the extended release tabs, but I do feel it more so than regular percocet. I'm just glad the pain is not there. Take care, Laura
  2. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

I'm glad you are getting pain relief. I hope it continues for you.
    I'm currently on 10mgs (oxycodoneER) every 12 hours, and I'm sure I could use 20mgs.
    Keep us posted.
    Best of luck.
    Mini
  3. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Good for you. I'm so glad you found some relief.

Cindy
  4. TinaJones

TinaJones New Member

Isn't it great when you find something that actually works? I'm really glad that you found some relief! And it's much better to be on the long lasting stuff than too many short acting drugs.

Anyway, I'm happy for you! Take good care --Tina