1st Pain Clinic visit in the morning

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by j9miller, May 14, 2003.

1. j9miller

j9miller New Member

I am nervous. I really shouldn't be but I am so sick of drs and wondering what crazy thing I will be told this time around. I am going to a different pain clinic from the one my primary dr wanted me to see because his was out of network and I could not afford it. This dr is supposed to know what to do for FM. Who knows.

When I read my medical file from the rheumy I was amazed at how liitle records he keeps and how little he writes in my file. Every visit he seems to write "pleasant, overweight woman with FM. Mild to moderate tender points. Continue Vicodin 2tabs 3x a day. Exercise and lose weight." Wow!!! Such record keeping. No word of all my complaints, symptoms and worries. No comment that meds really do not work but take the edge off. No comment of my liver concerns due to meds. No remarks that I sleep 3 hours or less a night. No remarks about my neck and shoulders hurting so bad I cannot stand it, and that when my husband rubs BenGay on me that his hand hurts because I am so stiff. What the heck is going on. No wonder SS turned me down. My dear husband and parents want me to find a new dr but people I know tell me about there drs and that they do not get the pain meds they need. I have tried so many meds, herbs, exercises etc and at least the Vicodin or Vicoprofen takes the edge off the pain so I fear losing that. HELP!!!!

I hope this pain dr helps.

Janine
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am so sorry you are having all these problems.

Why not make a post and ask the members here to recommend a good doctor for you in your area.

You can also go to the top of this board where it says: 'Doctor Referral' and see if there is one in your area. Or call the 'FM Network' for a good doctor, here is the number; 1-800-853-2929.

I sure hope you find the right doctor that will listen to you, and instead of dwelling on your weight and personality!

I am underweight, and the pain is still as bad as any one who is a little overweight. It has nothing to do with this pain!

Take care,

Shalom, Shirl