1Sweetie and anyone else that has has thier world upside down

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Jun 6, 2008.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

A freind sent this to me several days after my mom died and I save it, today I was cleaning my email out and came across this and instantly thought of you. So here you go, hang in there one day at a time or one hour at a time, whatever it takes to get threw each hour.

Also go here -

It was sent to me by a wonderful freind at a time when I did need it, now I want to share it with you.

Keep repeating this message
    "The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

So Sweetie and others who are reading this sometimes it does get worse before it gets better, it is all in how we deal with these disasters that creates the outcome.

I hope this helps you or anyone else who needs a reminder that we are all loved and need to have faith, so tie a knot in that rope, as Linda would say, and hang on- Carl

When your hut's on fire

The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island. He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him. Every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming. Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect him from the elements, and to store his few possessions. One day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, with smoke rolling up to the sky. He felt the worst had happened, and everything was lost. He was stunned with disbelief, grief, and anger. He cried out, 'God! How could you do this to me?' Early the next day, he was awakened by the sound of a ship approaching the island! It had come to rescue him! 'How did you know I was here?' asked the weary man of his rescuers. 'We saw your smoke signal,' they replied.

The Moral of This Story:
    It's easy to get discouraged when things are going bad, but we shouldn't lose heart, because God is at work in our lives, even in the midst of our pain and suffering. Remember that the next time your little hut seems to be burning to the ground. It just may be a smoke signal that summons the Grace of God.

P.S. You may want to consider passing this on, because you never know whos else hut may be on fire too.
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

That was lovely, thank you.

3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I viewed the website that you suggested and it touched my heart and soul. It made me cry but best of all it made me smile. How very thoughtful of you to send it to me. I'm going to save the site so that I too can pass it along to someone that needs to be "lifted up".

The story of "When Your Huts on Fire" was also very touching, WE don't have any idea why negative things keep happening but as with that fire in the hut, we do not know if that is the signal that will change our life for better things to come.

I have dealt with many things in my life but I always fought for control. I always feel better as does everyone if you feel that you have some control over your life. This DD has changed so much. It has made me see that the power is not in me but in a much higher power. I have to turn all of this over because the only person I can control is me. The immediate problems have actually caused a new feeling in me....that I am just in shock.

Everyone on this board that has responded, prayed, sent positive thoughts, and hugs has been a blessing to me. All of you were sent to me to help me and my family.

Thank you Carla for being such a good friend.

4. ckball

ckball New Member

Nancy how are you and your leg doing. I really haven't been here much lately as I have been doing much better and have been out working on my yard, spending more time with my dogs. But I have thought of you and how your leg was doing.

Sweetie you are so right about the control issue. It took me awhile to learn that lesson too but once I did my life has been so much better.

Something happened to me when my mom died and I feel like I have been born again, I can't explain it but I have definitly changed for the better. My mom was a very strong woman and we didn't always get along because we are both strong willed.

But as I sat there holding her hand as she died it was like she passed threw me as she went to god and her strengh stayed with me.

Unfortunatley, my body didn't change along with my mind and spirit. My back and feet don't allow me to do everything I want to, but I am not going to complain and just be thankful for my new attitude.

Sometimes we need our world shaken up in order to find our strenghs. I hope you have found a new strengh in dealing with this. It is not what happens to us that changes us, but it is how we handle it that does.

I hope all of this does turn out to be your change in life and by letting it go into god's hands that it will be better in the end. I know you are a good family and you will get threw this by leaning on each other.

I do agree that your son does need to see someone to help process what he has went threw. I hope he is recovering from his surgery too. Maybe his Dr could suggest someone he could see.

I am glad you liked the story and the web site, it brought me to tears when it was sent to me as I was in that big black hole. I am glad it helped. Take care-Carla
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

My leg is still slowly healing and for the most part, I'm still stuck in my chair all day.

Hubby helps me get out of the house on weekends and pushes me in the wheelchair wherever I need to go.

Your lovely post was right on time for me because my daughter's back on the psych ward in Landstuhl right now.

She had another horrifying episode here with me on Wednesday and she just had to be hospitalized again.

They've changed her meds, or rather added Lithium which I've been suggesting for over a year now and it seems to be helping. If all goes well with her blood work this week, she'll get to come home, or here so I can watch her through the med change and she shouldn't be alone.

Sorry I wish I'd clicked to add the page so I could remember all you've said, but I woke up with a migraine starting this morning and forgot.

Bless you........