1sweetie Can you help me Please ??????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Oct 15, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

You said in another post you get lumph note drainage.

Can you tell me about that ? I have been thinking about doing that .Does it help your FM pain? Also what kind of Doctor or did you go to a doctor who recomend this for you?
    Who does it and what would I or should I ask before I let someone do this on me.

Can I ask why you have this done? Thank you so much for any help you give me ahead of time.

2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I was having edema in my limbs especially in my arms. My entire arm will swell and ache especially if I attempt to carry anything. Sometimes now in the elbow and knee (actually on the tender points for FM) small egg size knots will pop up. I also have lymph nodes that do the same under my arms and neck.

Some of this is may be related to my past breast cancer because I had lymph nodes removed but I did not have this problem until I got CFS.

I go to a massage therapist that is trained with lymph drainage along with myofascial and trigger point therapy. I can not wear the compression bandages for lymph drainage because I can not have something tight on my skin because of pain and I'm heat intolerant.

At home I gently massage my arm and try to get the lymph fluid to drain. You can use a dry brush with a long handle(like a back brush) and make a massage with the brush. You try to bring the fluid toward your heart. You do your legs, arms, back, but not the abdomen. You may do a Google Search and find the directions or you can try a search here.

I have had doctor's recommend several things but I handle it with well trained massage therapist and what I do myself. Also I do gentle streches with my limbs.

I hope this helps.
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

thank you this helps me. I have those lumps that pop up also. I feel like I get poison running threwout my body.

I thought I might have the drainage done I have a friend who knows a massage lady who specializes in this.

I really have been having a lot of pain around my kidneys and low back. Do you think it will help those areas?

Also when this is done what does it do to your body? Do you have more pain or do you feel some type of drainage .What should I expect as far as a difference in the way my body feels.

Thank you again
  4. carebelle

carebelle New Member

5. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Sorry I haven't responded. I just did a search with my name and found it.

Massage has helped me so much. At first, it made me very sick. I guess it was a herx...releasing lots of toxins into my system. Yet after I would be sick for a few days, I would feel better.

I have been going for nearly 2 years now. We can really get down to the trigger points and work on myofascial work along with lymph drainage.

My massages do hurt sometimes but in the end I am always better. I give them credit for getting me to the point I am now. I have two therapist that I alternate visits with. Both are good but have different techniques. Together they really help me.
  6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I think I may try them after I get throught some bad stuff right now.
  7. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Hope you feel better soon!