Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Marta608, May 19, 2008.

1. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Good morning,

I don't have the energy this morning to tend to the Porch but I wanted you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Concern about your son's surgery is, I'm certain, making these business concerns loom larger - if that's possible.

Looking back over the years, I've seen time after miserable time that things really do work out as they should. Doors close and others open.

This may sound superficial to you right now but I know for sure that if we keep our faith steadfast, we will come out better than before.

Sending hugs and good thoughts for your son and everyone there at your house.

2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Good Morning to both of you.

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement and words of wisdom. Life does have a way of working it self out. It has for me so many times in the past.

Right now though, I feel like I'm being sucked into a large vat of quicksand. I am already so tired and I don't have the adrenaline that I had in my previous life to pull me out. I know that you understand that. It's overwhelming to me to just have my DH and son in the house all the time. My survival schedule has been shook to the core right now. My dog is even tired. He is use to resting with me. Figuring this out for me is going to be a priority.

I know both of you are struggling now with fatigue yourself and I appreciate your concern and thougtfulness.
    Thanks for being my friend and for all the well wishes for my son.

It doesn't take far to look to always find someone with more problems than you have. Sometimes you just have to remember to look and quit thinking of yourself.

Hugs to both of you!

3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Just off to bed, but I was thinking of you. I feel certain that your lawyer should be able to help you. Also that your son's surgery went OK.

I am sending prayers to the better angels of that man's nature to visit him as scrooge was visited, and have him rethink how low he has sunk.

Hope the powers that are above send the message right into his dreams tonight.

God bless

4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Yes! What Annie said.

Keep us posted, OK?

5. jole

jole Member

and prayers for you. Hope no one minds my butting in, but 1Sweetie you are special to all of us, and we care deeply about you.

I understand the pressure of having your hubby and son in and underfoot and what it must do to you. Please take good care of yourself and get your rest! You cannot afford to get down now, okay?

Love ya~ Jole
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Bumping and cheering
  7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

and your family. Hope your son's urgery goes well.Just wanted to say ditto to what Linda and Marta said. I just wanted to post here in cse you did not check the porch today.

Love and blessings to your and your family !!

8. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

What a nice surprise to find all of your thoughtful replies.

We've only been home from the hospital about an hour. My son's surgery was considered a success. They removed the cyst and diseased tissue. Most important they were able to stitch the area back together. There was a possibility that they would have to leave it open for a few days to drain. So that is good news. The bad news is he is experiencing a lot of pain and he does not handle pain with dignity. That is a kind way to say it. He really thought that they had medication where he would not experience any discomfort. This is a learning experience for him.

My husband has an appointment to interview an attorney on June 3rd. We hope he can help and if not refer us to someone with the experience to handle our case.

Just found out the ex partner is planning a vacation next week to Hungary. He is a world traveler. He is not paying bills but is living in luxury.

Annie...I hope those angels paid a visit to him last night. My DH and son would like Guido to visit him but I'm trying to stop that! It is amazing the crazy thoughts you can have when a person is very upset but cool and wise heads with hopefully prevail.

I was talking to my husband at the hospital about you guys and how much your support means to me. He knows that I haven't talked to anyone else about any of our issues and he is so amazed and happy for me that I have people that I trust and can talk to and get support.

You amaze me too. Thanks for caring.

9. Marta608

Marta608 Member

And you amaze us! Which is why we're such fans.

I sense that things are shaping up..... but I won't say that because I don't want to throw a stone in the puddle. ;>)

Hugs and a big smile,

10. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

What a time you are having!

There is another thread about Karma. The question was asked: If someone intentionally does something bad to another person does it come back to bite them?

Whatever the answer to that question may be, behaving well, with courage and dignity, has the immediate Karmic benefit of knowing that you are people of courage, dignity and love.

I trust there is something good for all of you on the other side of this experience. I join those who salute 1sweetie right now for her grace under pressure.

Smile, breathe and go slowly.
  11. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Thanks for bolstering my confidence. I'm really rather terrified at the moment. All words of encouragement are comforting to me.

I would like to know the anwser to the Karma question myself. I really wish no one harm. I just want my family to be treated fairly and that is not happening. I still want to take the high ground BUT I do want what is owed to us.

Hugs to both of you.
  12. Marta608

Marta608 Member

....but this is one of the things on my Top Ten Things I Believe list.

It's Universal Law, for one thing, as well as Biblical. I think every religion and belief includes this principle in some way.

We don't even have to wish for it.

Which brings up another part of karma, which is why it's so easy to forgive. Forgiveness doesn't mean what was done to us is OK or that we will not choose to turn away. It simply means that we aren't carrying around a bunch of poison that only hurts us. I've honestly gotten to the point where I can feel bad for the person who does harm because I know without a doubt that their turn is coming. (Although I still occasionally want to stick my finger in their eye.....hard.) :>p

Hugs and prayers,
  13. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I totally agree with you but at the moment I think the idea of sticking my finger in his eye is appealing.

Take care and have a great Memorial Day. I have to go care for my son. He's having a difficult recovery.

Hugs to you.
  14. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Yeah, the desire to poke him in the eye must be very strong! Makes it even more laudable that you're not doing it. I would imagine that I'd be feeling a lot of difficult feelings were I you. I doubt they'd be very pretty or easy to withstand.

I've been shaken down to zero a couple of times. It felt nearly unendurable. The crazy thing is that everyone who did their best to not poke out anybody's eye always came out ok on the other side of the experience. In fact, with the passing of time, everyone has prospered in spite of the blows. And, of course, what prospered meant was different for everyone involved.

I hope your son feels better soon! You must be a very tired nurse! Very, very tired!

Smile, breathe and be mindful,

[This Message was Edited on 05/24/2008]