2 Cortisone shots today, what a relief......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kacjac, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

I can more my arms now,see icon LOL...I could barely lift them!
    I went to my Ortho, and got bilateral cortisone in both shoulders today! What a big relief, but I haven't had a MRI on them since 2000, so he pressing me to do it, I said I know, I know ...okay, schedule it :)
    He sure wants to make sure I have no serious problems, he did do xrays, and found spurs......:( And I have nerve inpingments also!
    He is so kind, sweet and caring, I wish he could be my PCP! :)
    But overall, I've done well with the shots, they last a year!
    Thats good!
    So, I guess surgery's in the future, but Im tryin' to hold out!
    Gentle hugz, Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 01/27/2006]
  2. zerped

zerped New Member

Ever since I got CFIDS I've had a cortisone injection in my right hip; one in Oct. and one in Jan. The cold, damp climate here in Oregon really sets off "soft-tissue inflamation" in folks. For some reason, I haven't needed the injections this year, which is the coolest, rainiest in 10 years. Weird.
  3. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

Im glad thry work for you too.....I've often wondered about my hip, my right one kills me sometimes, I guess I can ask who make could do this, either a rheumy or the ortho that deals with my knee....I dunno....
    Hugz, Karen
  4. BronzeWomn

BronzeWomn New Member

I had one before. I was kinda afraid of them..not the long needle but, the side effects. I have to say it worked for my knee. Now, I have been having troble with my left upper thigh in pain for about a year now. I just wondered if the pain just move to another part of the body. Any experts here that know the answer?