2 Days to being Homeless..Cont.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dndoriginal, Dec 2, 2002.

1. dndoriginal

dndoriginal Guest

Hi Again My Fibro Buddies,
    I just had to take a couple of minutes tonight to Sincerely thank all of you who wrote to me so fast.
    I can't begin to tell you how much it really meant to me, just to know that YOU wonderful people care to try and help (little old) me!
    I did get some ideas and I am following some of the suggestions. Mostly the other stuff I already had looked into, just shows me I'm on the right path. As for the prayers, I had to cry because suddenly I didn't feel so all alone. I myself got down on my knees and prayed too.
    No luck yet but I am still researching and I won't stop until I get my own home. SSA & SSI didn't defeat me and nieiher will this!!!!! How? When? Where? I don't know these things, but I do believe in the picture in my mind with me in my home. If I can create the picture in my mind , I have no doubt that it is attainable. I have to keep moving forward and learn as much as possible.
    I would still appreciate any other advice concerning immediate housing.
    So, if anyone knows any one that has perhaps been in my situation, I CAN'T BE THE ONLY ONE!!! :)
    I also know that typically FM people (not excluding any other chronics, intentionally) We are a smart bunch.
    What choice do we have? We had to learn to survive and just try to find a Doctor that knows more about FM than any one of us! HA!I
    I just didn't know "beans" about all the aspects of buying my first home. By way of Gov. help. SSA doesn't pay that much, so they will have to help me. RIGHT?? Sorry to go on and on, so I'll stop.
    Thanks again to all of you who reached out to throw me a rope. Can any one help me climb into the BOAT (or house rather,)?????
    The Warmest of Thanks,
    Deanna
    2 days and counting...HELP! :)

PS If you're wondering where part one is, it's dndoriginal dated Dec.1st I think. maybe 2nd??
  2. dndoriginal

dndoriginal Guest

Hi Again My Fibro Buddies,
    I just had to take a couple of minutes tonight to Sincerely thank all of you who wrote to me so fast.
    I can't begin to tell you how much it really meant to me, just to know that YOU wonderful people care to try and help (little old) me!
    I did get some ideas and I am following some of the suggestions. Mostly the other stuff I already had looked into, just shows me I'm on the right path. As for the prayers, I had to cry because suddenly I didn't feel so all alone. I myself got down on my knees and prayed too.
    No luck yet but I am still researching and I won't stop until I get my own home. SSA & SSI didn't defeat me and nieiher will this!!!!! How? When? Where? I don't know these things, but I do believe in the picture in my mind with me in my home. If I can create the picture in my mind , I have no doubt that it is attainable. I have to keep moving forward and learn as much as possible.
    I would still appreciate any other advice concerning immediate housing.
    So, if anyone knows any one that has perhaps been in my situation, I CAN'T BE THE ONLY ONE!!! :)
    I also know that typically FM people (not excluding any other chronics, intentionally) We are a smart bunch.
    What choice do we have? We had to learn to survive and just try to find a Doctor that knows more about FM than any one of us! HA!I
    I just didn't know "beans" about all the aspects of buying my first home. By way of Gov. help. SSA doesn't pay that much, so they will have to help me. RIGHT?? Sorry to go on and on, so I'll stop.
    Thanks again to all of you who reached out to throw me a rope. Can any one help me climb into the BOAT (or house rather,)?????
    The Warmest of Thanks,
    Deanna
    2 days and counting...HELP! :)

PS If you're wondering where part one is, it's dndoriginal dated Dec.1st I think. maybe 2nd??
  3. amilyne

amilyne New Member

im not sure how you got into this situation and all if you couldnt pay rent or whatnot..and i live in mn but i know here you can apply for a one time rent help thing where i think ss?? will give you your rent money...i know that feeling of being homeless in 3-2-1- days ive moved 2 times in the last 3 months...i couldnt afford my rent anymore by myself and i needed to find a roommate and i moved in with this girl(that i didnt know)and boy let me tell ya...ill just say she was evil____ you can fill in the blank .lol. but anyhow i moved again and things are better. i wish you luck.i know how it feels. bye
    love ami
  4. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

Churches are good places to start...if you belong to one, go there first, if not try them all...they help...also, here in the state of Texas we have programs to help with rent, utilities, etc. and other programs for fast or immediate assistance...contact the Human Resources Department in your town. It usually is a county funded program...and keep your head high and good luck...I'll say a prayer for you.

1Writer

[ advertisement ]