2 Family Members, 2 Funerals, Same Day, Same Family

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Aug 8, 2006.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I just wanted you all to know that I lost 2 of my family members on the same day. How often does that happen?

They were both in hospital, 1 longer than the other, then both were at hospice, and lost them within approx. 8 hours apart. The funerals were 4 hours apart.

I hope I don't ever have to go through anything like this again. I didn't post it earlier; didn't know if I could handle it.

Anyway, it's been a very stressful, hot day. I just wanted to let you all know; I'm sure very rare but true.

BlueSky555
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I pray that things get better for you.Linda
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

I am so sorry to hear about your family. I can't really say I have heard of that before. I know whole families have died in car wrecks. But separte instances.

My prayers go out to you and your family. Be strong and take care. Carla
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

That was absolutely awful to happen! Try your best to

get some rest in the days ahead. That is a difficult

situation to cope with under normal circumstances.

Take Care,
    MRDAD
  5. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am so sorry to hear about your loses. Please take care of yourself and get some rest.

My husband lost his Dad on 7/13/05 and his Mom on 9/12/05.

You and your family are in my prayers.

6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

hugs

jodie
  7. kriket

kriket New Member

I am so very sorry for everything that you have been through. Death can slip up and give you no warning-it just happens and slaps you right in the face.

I have been dealing with similar situation lately too, I feel for you. Sometimes it just seems like it's just too much and sure too much at one time. I will remember you and your family in my prayers. Take Care.

Kriket
  8. JLH

JLH New Member

My condolences, bluesky, on the loss of your family members.

It is very rare to lose 2 members of the same family on the same day if an accident is not involved.

I worked with a dear man who passed away. His wife was at the funeral home visitation that evening and when their son left to go home (he drove separately from his mother), he was so distraught and not thinking clearly, that he ignored railroad crossing warnings and drove across the train tracks in front of a train and was killed instantly. That poor woman lost her husband and only son in the same time frame.

A death in a family is so sad, but to have it double is really tragic for a family to have to go through.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Love,
    jlh
  9. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

My very heartfelt condolences to you, and yours,

Arlene
  10. NightAngel

NightAngel New Member

I'm so sorry to hear of this. How horrible for you and your whole family. Remember during this stressful time to get plenty of rest (best you can) and to take real good care of yourself.

My sympathies to you and your family....
  11. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

i am back on tonight and read all of the wonderful responses from you all.

thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. it means so much to me to know that i have friends here that really care.

i hope i can do the same for any circumstances that may arise for any of you.

bluesky555
  12. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Even when we know it is inevitable, it still hurts and to have to go through it doubly must be worse.

My sister-in-law actually lost two relatives within 30 minutes of each other in two separate car wrecks. Kinda bizarre when you think about it.

Once again, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this.

Linda
  13. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I'll keep you & family in my prayers.
  14. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

CONTINUED THANK YOUS

GOD BLESS YOU ALL<

BLUESKY%%%
  15. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

So sorry to hear of your losses
    thoughts and prayers to you and your family

Love
    Tami
  16. kat2002

kat2002 New Member

My heartfelt condolences go out to you. I have just now read your post, since I haven't been online much this week due to a death in my family - my grandfather passed away. I cannot imagine having gone thru this last week with everything doubled.

Try to find some comfort in happy memories if you can,
    Kat

17. kjfms

kjfms Member

my condolences to you and your family. I can't even imagine.

Sending you good thoughts,

Karen
  18. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

i am so so sorry, my heart and prayers go out to you
  19. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

You and yours have my deepest sympathy and prayers.

Hugs, Pammy
  20. Scapper

Scapper New Member

I am so sorry for your loss!

As others have said, please make sure to take extra special care of yourself so your emotions don't tax your body too much.

Love & Prayers.......Scapper