20/30 AGE GROUP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amymb74, Sep 3, 2002.

1. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

Research on how many with FM/CFIDS are between the age of 20/30. If you need further explanation see Sharon R's post "OK, lets get serious". A simple reply is all that is needed.

I am 28
    CFIDS since I was 19............AMY
  2. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

Research on how many with FM/CFIDS are between the age of 20/30. If you need further explanation see Sharon R's post "OK, lets get serious". A simple reply is all that is needed.

I am 28
    CFIDS since I was 19............AMY
  3. Karrot

Karrot New Member

I'm 22 and I've had CFIDS since I was 17

Karrot
  4. ali-may

ali-may New Member

I'm 27, first got CFIDS at 22 (it seemed to get better for a while and then became worse from 25).

* It started after a severe bout of flu (six weeks, EXTREMELY bad - nausea, sleeping nearly all the time, bad congestion on lungs, couldn't eat, lost a lot of weight)

* I have EBV

* It is made worse by stress

Alison[This Message was Edited on 09/03/2002]
  5. Jeweller

Jeweller New Member

and I reckon I've had FM since I was born.

Ros
  6. Lanie

Lanie New Member

I am 29 and have had FM for about 2.5 years due to a car accident.

Lanie
  7. SharonR

SharonR New Member

Good job Amy!
  8. melw

melw New Member

I am 29, FM since 26 - Melanie
  9. KK027

KK027 New Member

I am 27 and diagnosed with CF/FMS/EBV 1 1/2 years ago. I believe I had it for some time before. Just didn't go to the doc right away.
  10. Combatmedic

Combatmedic New Member

I am 24 years old. I have been completely non-functional since August of 2000 (age 22). I have been falling apart since a car accident, in 1997. After that, I further injured my body by joining the national guards in 1999. Since then, the deterioration has been quite aggresive, and persistant. (I'm female, don't know if ya needed that or not.??)

Medic
    P.S. Sorry, I forgot, I was diagnosed with CFS also a short time after the dx of fibromyalgia. I am the fifth and youngest person in my family to have FMS.[This Message was Edited on 09/04/2002]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/04/2002]
  11. SharonR

SharonR New Member

important info!!!
  12. LedaMoon

LedaMoon New Member

I'm 31. Fibro/IBS. Even though i just got my dx i can almost pinpoint this back to my early teens. I'm thinking this started about the time i had a serious head injury. I think this is inhertied to some point. My grandmother and my mom both have Fibro. My grandma is getting pretty bad, my mom can fuction pretty well. They are in their 80's and 50's.
  13. SaraD

SaraD New Member

I am 28 and was diagnosed at 26. And am very tired of the doctor's etc saying, your too young to have this or that... Disabilities can happen at any age. Sarad
  14. Kurt

Kurt New Member

I started getting symptoms around the age of 25. However, the more I think about it, I think very mild symptoms may have started to appear around the age of 20-22, but it hit me hard around 25. The symptoms really appeared when I had a bad toothache and root canal. I live in the St. Louis Metro area.

Kurt
  15. RachelLeah

RachelLeah New Member

Hi! I'm 19 but I'll be 20 in November. I was diagnosed with FMS over the summer but I think I've had FMS for many years.

Rachel
  16. allie2

allie2 New Member

Hi! My name is Allison And I am 21 and have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. However, I have been chronically ill and experiencing symptoms since the age of fourteen. It has progressively gotten worse over the years. I was diagnosed with IBS and peptic acid disease at the age of fifteen. I am not sure what caused it. I have been in mild car accidents and have had mononucleosis twice. People in my extended family also suffer from these problems. I also recently tested high for rheumatoid arthritis. I do bilieve I have CFS but have yet to been diagnosed with it. I am always tired even if i sleep for 36 hours straight. When I was sixteen I had a sleep study done but the tests were inconclusive. However, the doctor was ninety percent sure I had a sleep disorder known as idiopathic hypersomnelence. They wanted me to retake the tests but i have yet to do so.
  17. StarLove

StarLove New Member

I am almost 24

Diagnosed with secondary FMS about 2 months ago (but suffered the symptoms for about a year now)
  18. Deby

Deby New Member

I am 30 years old and I believe that I've had full blown FMS/CFIDS for two and a half years. But now that I know more about it, I'm pretty sure that I've had it all my life, along with my allergies and asthma.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/06/2002]
  19. svajainga

svajainga New Member

I am 27. Fibro since I was 20.
  20. lou

lou New Member

hello.
    i am 21, was diagnosed about four months ago. I believe that i have definitely had it hanging around though, for instance i had awful knee pain from aged 5 upwards!.
    x