2002 Red Book on Employment Support

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GoDaleJr, Nov 1, 2002.

1. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

For those of you applying for SSDI:
    Get a copy of this book online if you can.. I am reading it now. Tells how they determine if you are disabled and all the info. you need on applying.
    Very useful info.
    For instance, How they determine you are disabled:
    1) Are you working?
    2) Is your condition severe? Severe meaning your impairment(s) must significantly limit your ability to do basic work activities, such as walking, sitting,seeing, and remembering.
    3)Is your condition on the list of impairments? I don't think Fibromyalgia is--If your condition(s) is not on the list, we have to decide if it is of equal severity to an impairment on the list.
    4) Can you do the work you did previously?
    5) Can you do any other type of work?

It also describes who decides and how they go about it and what you need, etc.
    Good information.
    www. ssa. gov /
  2. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

For those of you applying for SSDI:
    Get a copy of this book online if you can.. I am reading it now. Tells how they determine if you are disabled and all the info. you need on applying.
    Very useful info.
    For instance, How they determine you are disabled:
    1) Are you working?
    2) Is your condition severe? Severe meaning your impairment(s) must significantly limit your ability to do basic work activities, such as walking, sitting,seeing, and remembering.
    3)Is your condition on the list of impairments? I don't think Fibromyalgia is--If your condition(s) is not on the list, we have to decide if it is of equal severity to an impairment on the list.
    4) Can you do the work you did previously?
    5) Can you do any other type of work?

It also describes who decides and how they go about it and what you need, etc.
    Good information.
    www. ssa. gov /
  3. this2shallpass

this2shallpass New Member

Thanks for the info.....a must see for a good friend of mine. I just recently (in the last 3 weeks) FINALLY got into a pain clinic and they actually believe in fibromyalgia!!! Imagine that!

Love your name by the way! I'll be pulling for him Sunday (more standing in front of the tv than sitting. Drives my friends crazy.