2005- What happened to you Good & Bad!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darude, Dec 31, 2005.

1. darude

darude New Member

Bad- Diagnosed with pituitary tumour and 40 other lesions. Horrible fight trying to get disability. Increased leg pain not explained.

Good- Fought and won disability after two years! Neuro said lesions normal course of aging. Got an adorable new puppy! Daughter moved back to Calgary to her dream job. Son anounced engagement. Health improved a tad and able to walk more.

mmmmmm - More good than bad! All in all better than 2004 for sure.
    Now lets hope 2006 will be the year for CURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. darude

darude New Member

Add to good list!! i made tons of new friends due to illness. Some of the best people I've EVER met.
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Good: Many things. Especially the ones I take for granted!

Bad: My best friend's husband dying Christmas Eve. He is at peace now and with God. This is a wonderful blessing for Dave.

Darude, I thank God for you being a part of this board. A very blessed and peaceful New Years to you...

Hugs,

Kim
  4. sunshine54

sunshine54 New Member

Good - My hubby is off on weekends and holidays and we've moved closed to my son, dil and grandchildren.

Bad- Rear ended in 3/05. Two cervical fusions this year and the last one 11/29 has me having electrical like shockwaves in my upper back. Lumbar MRI 1/6 with possible lumbar fusion.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
  5. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

BAD~ #1 LOSING MY BOY MOOSE
    #2 Just Diagnosed with Crohn's

GOOD~Sorry, losing my boy did me in for this year... I smile but I don't mean it, I laugh but I don't feel it...I'm just sad and cry constantly...

I thought about it some more and came up with a GOOD...My boy went to heaven to RUN and PLAY without ever having another seizure or take another med...BUT DAMMIT I WANT HIM HERE INSTEAD!!!

Sorry for my non-positive miserable post, this grief is getting the best of me...

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! ~ALICIA
  6. darude

darude New Member

Who was Moose? So sorry to hear.
  7. libra55

libra55 New Member

I got diagnosed with Crohn's Disease, which can be either a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how one looks at it. I'm not happy to have Crohn's, it really s**ks having another thing on top of FM, but at least there is a treatment for Crohn's, so I'm coming along pretty nicely.

Michelle
  8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

This past year, there's been more good than bad in my life. Here are some of the things that come to mind:

GOOD

I enjoyed several visits with my sons. The time we spent together was great.

My partner and I have grown closer.

We met our wonderful new niece, adopted from China.

We have a new addition to our family: Harriet the bunny.

My sister moved into our house for four months giving us the chance to get to know each other as adults.

My best friend and I initiated a weekly get-together to encourage each other about the positive changes we're each trying to make.

Our problem tenants (much noise, non-payment of rent, etc.)moved away and we subsequently rented our upstairs apartment to a wonderful, quiet, polite and responsible man.

I joined weight-watchers on-line. I didn't lose any weight this year but I maintained a twenty-five pound loss from the year before.

Friends gifted us with a beautiful, refinished chest of drawers.

We bought a new computer.

We had several enjoyable outings including, the theater, the zoo, the beach and the butterfly emporium.

I had several friendships end in 2005. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, though I'm leaning toward good because each of these individuals brought their own brand of toxicity to the relationship.

Through this website, I've learned a lot about living with FMS/ME. I've met many wonderful people and I greatly appreciate everyone at immunesupport.com. You guys are the greatest!

NOT SO GOOD:

Our bunny passed away. Though we love our new bunny, our little black dwarf is greatly missed.

My eldest son experienced issues with anxiety and panic attacks.

In addition to daily pain, fatigue and nausea, I lived through many flares and a few episodes of severe depression.

I got re-hooked on cigarettes, after an 18 month quit.
    I'm planning to smoke my last cigarette before midnight tonight. I want to enjoy 2006 as a non-smoker!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  9. Musica

Musica New Member

I have a longer list, but the good AND bad have been the diagnoses of severe sleep apnea and severe osteoporosis. Which also has made it both good and bad to have RA! If not for RA, I wouldn't have had a sleep study or (at least now) bone density. And being diagnosed with apnea and osteoporosis - BAD that I have them, but GOOD that I found out so I could start treatment before worse happened!
  10. JLH

JLH New Member

Good -
    * I have met some of the most wonderful people on earth on this board. I feel like I can speak openly about all my troubles here. You are all so great!!!
    * Bought a new computer and 4-n-1 printer.
    * My son got married in March.
    * We are remodeling a house we own next door for our son to move into. He will nice and close now!!
    * My younger daughter is in her last year of residency and is doing great, and she is interviewing with a group of local doctors regarding joining their practice in August 2006. I will be so happy for here to be closer to home.
    * Got my first-ever indoor cat. A beautiful blue-eyed Himilayan.
    * I am still able to drive myself a few places.
    * Our heat pump did not go out once during the hot summer months! I must have my air conditioning, and our older heat pumps normally requires a few service calls right during the hottest part of the summers!

Bad -
    * My husband is thinking about retiring. I've been retired for 6 years and really like being by myself during the weekdays!! LOL He'll mess up my schedule!!!
    * My health has declined drastically--I am almost housebound now. Someone has to drive me almost everywhere.
    * I was just diagnosed with a thyroid disorder.
    * My diabetes is getting worse--which means that I am not managing it well. I need to keep my mouth shut and quit eating the wrong things!
    * I have always had back pain, but I discovered what REAL back pain is when a nerve became pinched between my L4-L5 and S1 in my lumbar spine. The pain is horrific and has caused me severe, unrelenting pain every day. I can no longer stand or walk more than 5 minutes due to it.
    * I went through 15 extremely painful chiropractic treatments trying to help my pinched nerve--and it did not work.
    * I've become nearly housebound due to my back situation.
    * Due to the extreme back pain and not being able to get out of the house much, more depression has set in.
    * Both of my SIL's lost a parent.
    * My sister is having a hard time and causing a lot of grief for my mother and our family.

I guess that's about it.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/31/2005]
  11. darude

darude New Member

I to am no longer able to drive sue to passing out while driving. I'm becoming more housebound so ass to BAD stuff. I do go for a daily walk tho and visit with friends when I can which is not often.
  12. shep

shep New Member

The good is I still have a home and a family. I didn't have to go through a Sumanie, or a flood or a hurricane.I have a house, food, clothing and friends. My hubby and I are still together going on 33 yrs.
    Most of all I am still saved and on my way home!
    I have made some wonderful friends on this site and coming here has brought me great comfort. My sister had her first grandchild this year. So, one more added and none lost this year in the family. I am poor in the world's eyes, but I am rich in many ways. I am sick but I have access to doctors and medicine. I still have freedom as I live in the United States of America.

The bad; the war is still going on, there is no cure yet for fibromyalgia along with many other dieases. There are still homeless and hungry people in America, that is unacceptable. We still have children being abused and killed by demonic people.

I could go on and on; but I will close. There is a lot wrong with this world, but the good still outweighs the bad.
    shep