Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by budmickl, Jan 6, 2008.

1. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Well, well, well...

My daughter called me today. She is pregnant. She is 36 yrs old. She thought she was divorced, but ex-butt head went back to court and got it thrown out - he didn't like the property settlement. Actually, his mother probably didn't like property settlement.

Anyway... between the time of the divorce and the time the judge reversed the ruling, she got pregnant. In this state, you can't get divorced when you are pregnant. Even if it isn't the husband's child. Hopefully, since she conceived during the divorce time, it won't matter.

She doesn't have any insurance, as she has been out of work since June. She is worried because of her age about issues with the baby. She doesn't want to let anyone else know in case she miscarries or terminates the pregnancy due to health issues, she won't have to answer so many questions.

I am on top of the world in one way! But I am also concerned about her and the baby's health due to her age and the stress that she under.

I think she will be coming by in the next couple of weeks to introduce me to the baby's father. He is excited and all.

2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Nope, 2008 is shaping up to be another interesting year!

I just hope she gets through her legal issues quickly and all is smooth with the pregnancy!

3. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi Dear!

Wow you get handed all kinds of interesting things to deal with Huh! I Can see how you might be excited to be a Gramma!,,,But then on the other Hand all the problems that are compiled along with it are not so appealing!

I'm Hopeing and praying that all turns out well for your Daughter and that the Baby will be Healthy!,,,,,,is this her first child?,,,if so then it's probably going to be a healthy baby,,,Have my fingers and toes crossed for you!,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,Sis
  4. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Yes, this is her first baby, she is my first baby, and this will be my first grandbaby.

It's kind of funny... this baby will be born right around her birthday.

I told her I was going to start buying bunny stuff for the nursery. Even if it's a boy (which she is hoping for), he can enjoy it while he's little. And if it's a girl (which i am hoping for) she can grow up with it!

It's so hard not being able to talk to anyone about it. Thank heavens you guys are here!

5. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Hey You!

I wasn't going to write anything... just read, but this requires a greater effort!

Just wanted to say that one of my best friends had her first baby at 40 (now an ostentatiously healthy 4 year old) and her second robust youngun at 43.

Thinking good thoughts!

How exciting!

6. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Thanks for the encouragement! I think what I am most worried about is her butt head supposed to be ex husband causing more trouble. As if having the divorce thrown out isn't enough trouble!

7. laceymae

laceymae New Member

I'm going to be a first time grandma too.

Getting excited, but still some unanswered questions.

Just have to pray for the best.

8. sisland

sisland New Member

Maybe it's a Divine intervention! I Hope so!,,See maybe Good things will turn into Great things!,,,,,Hugs!,,Hope it's a Girl for you too!,,,,,

My Nice and her Husband who have a 2 year old little boy (So Cute) surprised us all at Christmas time with a letter from 2 year old Jackson that read,,,

Dear pappa and Nanna,,,,Thanks for letting me have x-mas at your house! I love all the new toys you got me!,,,,and oh by the way I'm going to Be a big Brother in June!,,,,,

Talk about the Shock and Awe treatment!,,,,,She kept it a secret for 4 months! We couldn't believe it!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,So much Fun!