2014/What in the world?! -- Game 4

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Soul*, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

What and where in the world? Thought this looked pretty spectacular. For those in need for hints what to google on. Zoom in on the picture, it's a give away :p

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  2. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Soul

It's Morning Glory Pool at Yellowstone National Park.

The clue was Yogi Bear peeping out from behind a tree. Thanks for posting.

Rock
    Soul* likes this.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Well, I don't know if this will work or not. Never posted a pic before.

Rock

[​IMG]
    Soul* likes this.
  4. bct

bct Member

Offhand it looks like a caracal to me, but I'm always getting my cats confused ....... I see it has a collar!
  5. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Barry

Write with Eversharp! Have you seen those things jump? They can snatch
    birds outta the air.

Hope you're feelin' a little better. Miss your reports on the flora and fauna of
    the neighborhood and your kitchen.

Am off to see the doc. Not that anything ever gets cured. Sigh.

Rock
  6. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

That's a strange looking but very pretty yogi bear Rock :D So the kitty told you huh, YAY on getting the right answer!!!!

I'd guess cougar or mountain lion? Not familiar with them bigger cats, trouble enough with the domesticated once who use my garden as a litterbox and kill the birds and rob their nests. Saw a new one wandering in yesterday when I already had the neighbours dog over in the morning who escaped again. So I guess it's back to training someone elses cat not to come into my garden. Wish the cat owners would take more responsibiltiy for the critters they take in. If they don't want to train them to stay on their own property and only poop in the litterbox then don't get a cat I'd say... or keep them inside or in a cat kennel. Why should the neighbours who have more then a handful looking after themselves look after their pets?

Wild animals is one thing, we ARE living on THEIR property, but house pets should be taught what their domain is and should learn the neighbours garden isn't theirs to litter and hunt in. The number of pet cats roaming freely over here is so much bigger then what the bird population can handle. And they don't need to hunt to live, they just kill for pleasure and go home and fill their stomach on catfood. Sad... Oh well, rant over :p

Back to what in the world Rock posted. Lynx another guess... hmmm only one tip on the ears, linx have the split tips right?
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  7. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Gonna stick with Linx for a guess, I looked up the cougar and they have round ears, but this looks similar:
    [​IMG]
  8. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Or did Barry guess the correct answer already? I didn't quite get what Write with EverSharp meant :p

I looked up Caracal and that looks very familiar too... Here's one that gave me a chuckle:

[​IMG]
    Is it friday yet? Way to early for a saturday.... moaaaaaan :p
  9. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Soul

Yup, Barry was right. "Write with Eversharp" was the slogan of the Eversharp pencil
    company. They made automatic pencils. When I was a kid they sponsored a radio
    quiz program. Whenever the contestant gave a correct answer, the announcer would
    yell, "Write with Eversharp!". The answer was right i.e. correct. I read some years ago
    that English is difficult to learn because so many words have more than one meaning.

I didn't realize until your post that the idiom would be confusiatin' to you. Your English
    is so good it's hard to remember you speak multiple languages. BTW, do kids speak
    "pig latin" in the Netherlands?

Rock
  10. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Haha Rock, I have no clue what kids speak these days :p I had to look up pig latin. Heard of it but thought it was just any make up language. Didn't know there where actual rules for that. I did used to speak pretend English with my friend when I was a little kid and didn't know any english yet. We thought our pretend English sounded very real since we had no clue and felt we had to look real smart to others :p Untill we got a friend from England who just moved to our country, then it was more fun to teach her Dutch. My friends mom told us how to ask her to come play but by the time we reached at her doorstep only minutes later we forgot what to say :D

I remember I did the same thing with writing when I was even smaller. I thought it looked pretty real when I had not yet learned how to write. That kids still do nowadays and then ask someone what they wrote... :)

I do remember my niece liked speaking backward for a while. It was fun but tiresome :p And she would have no clue what I said if I did it too.
  11. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Yellowstone is a spectacular place to see. We were there in feb. 2007. I had always wanted to see it in the dead of winter.

Rock: Yea! You've learned how to post a photo!!!!!

Soul: what a very cute cat with those ears......love his curls. And cats can't ever be trained to stay in their own yard except if they're kept in the house all the time. It's just their nature to explore. I have two litter boxes in the house for them but the one who goes exploring outside STILL will go near our house and I have a dickens of a time trying to catch her before she goes potty. I usually yell at her, she'll then come in and use the indoor litterbox.

Barry: I do hope you're feeling better.....I also miss your flora and fauna posts.
  12. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Cat's can be trained Sun, it just takes a whole lot of time to train them where they can and can't go but rest assured that if leaving their premisses results in a wet suit every time they try as a kitten they WILL learn to stay on their own property.

I have known a few cats who did not leave their own garden. It just takes full attention of their owners to be on guard every minute of their young lives and that is something most people aren't willing to spend so they leave that up to their neighbours who often use harmful methods because they don't want to train other peoples pets and they don't want their garden to be used as a litterbox or killing field.

If people would at least simply start with only letting their cats out immidiately after they used the litterbox that will solve at least that part of the problem.

I am training the neighbourhood cats to stay out of my garden because the owners don't, it takes a whole lot of time and attention but eventually they get it. And I love animals so try not to harm them, but the energy it costs me that I really do not have available means I can not spend that on trying to improve the quality of my life and health and trying to simply manage life as is is hard enough as it is and it is not good for my health that I need to spend it on other peoples pets. That just isn't right. Really there is no excuse to let your pets cause trouble to other people. And they do. No matter how cute they are.