21 accents in two minutes? this is a neat Youtube video

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kholmes, Mar 15, 2008.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

This girl is remarkable, I thought. I was especially impressed that she could do both Dublin and Belfast Irish accents:

Hope everyone is having a fine weekend.

2. sisland

sisland New Member

I saw that one,,,really Kool!,,,,,,Have you seen the 17month old little girl who can Read? it's on the MSNBC video news,,,,Her parents are both Speach Therapists,,,,S
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

Pretty Excellent! She could definitely fool me, and I am good at identifying voices for some reason.

Of course I can only truly differentiate the American accents, think most of those (altho not all) sounded dead-on...

looks like from the comments that some Toronto-ians disagree too.

Thanks for the interesting link, Ken!

4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

her name again?

A tour de force. Be even more impressive if the sound quality were better.

Being from Minnesota, I have no accent. I'm sure if I did, however, this young lady could reproduce it.

What was her name again? Hilde Peterson?

What about that Silda Spitzer? I thought her name must be Norskie or Deutsch so I looked it up. Turns out there is an island off Norway named Silda. In 1810 the battle of Silda was fought there.

(I would have posted about Silda on the Silda thread, but it said "ladies only".)

5. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Very funny.

What did you think of her Katherine Hepburn, mid-Atlantic accent?

Her Toronto accent did sound a little like Minnesota or North Dakota.

I'll betchou still have a liddle Minnasodan accent, ya kno.

6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Very funny.

Good Minnesota Norskie accent. You shoulda been in "Fargo". Frances McDormand talked yust like my sister.

I didn't get to the Kate Hepburn accent. the sound was too distorted. Was it early or late (shakey) Kate?

I saw Kate live, by the way, in Coco. It was ca 1971; Kate was ca. 62. Music Center in Los Angeles. Of course she couldn't sing any more than I can, but it didn't matter. She used sprechstimme, and it was very effective.

I read at the time that the real Coco was annoyed as Kate was too old for that period in Chanel's life.

Honey, don't look a gift legend in the mouth.

But, of course, Coco considered herself the legend.

Ha det bra