22 with CFS, strong believer, need Christian friends/encouragement

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by foreverdream, Apr 11, 2003.

1. foreverdream

foreverdream Guest

this is the first time i have ever been on a message board and i am probably doing it all wrong. i just posted on the CFS message board, not sure if its ok to post here too. am i over-postitating? anyways, i saw worship and tried clicking on it and was encouraged to find health encouragement within the Christian realm. i am 22 and have had CFS for 2.5 years. i was going to bible college to be trained for the ministry, but had to drop out my junior year. i am back living with my parents and can not return to school or work. i am house-bound most of the time. regualar church attendance is difficult, and most of my christian friends have moved away while i was away at school. i am too weak to go out and make new Christian friends, and i am just really lonely. i long for fellowship, encouragement, and just crazy laughter. overall, i have done a decent job maintaining hope and keeping joy. but lately, it has just been so hard. im young, but i feel 82. when i do have a little bit of strength to go do something, there is no one to do things with. i dont know if i will ever get well again or not...im scared i wont ever get well enough to go back to school and pursue my dreams...im scared i wont be able to get married or have kids...haha how the heck do u get a boyfriend when you cant leave ur bedroom most of the time?!?!? (hehe) (side note--if there are any hot godly men out there who are looking for a girl who has to rest a lot but is funny when she is coherent, im available =). anyways, i dont know, im just spilling my guts...i just needed to express myself to some fellow believers, i guess...
    forever dreamin,
    God's little girl
    [This Message was Edited on 04/11/2003]
  2. sare12

sare12 New Member

...hi just read ur post and I am so glad u found this site,it will be a real blessing to you.You will Always find friends here!I am a christian,I am 30 years old and married.I have had cfs for 16 months and have recently had to give up my nursing career,which was such a blow. I very much understand ur situation.I have found it difficult understanding and accepting this DD,but I know that we are all in God's hands and to trust in Him completely.Lots of love in Christ to you...love Sare.xxx
  3. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

You have come to a good place. the people here are caring and compassonate. And thery are always here to lend and ear. the chit chat board is another board where the people are great. Alittle nuts...thats what makes it so much fun. They too, like ourselves have problems, but the atmosphere they is so much fun. they can also have there serious moments. Why not go and introduce yourself. It can only help I think! Take care and I hope that things get better for you soon. Hugs! queenbee
  4. Harmony

Harmony New Member

First I want to Welcome you to the Worship Board! It looks like you are doing it right and don't worry about posting too much. You are welcome to post as much as you want and on all of the Boards that are available here! It is great to come to these boards to meet others who can understand how we feel. We also learn from each other and make great friends. I'm sorry you have CFS at your age. There is hope and you have a great future ahead of you. Don't give up. Sometimes our plans at the moment are not what God has for us, but if we are patient and wait on His timing, He will show you what he has for you. I believe that everything that comes into our lives, is for a purpose and God can use it for some good to come out of it. Although, I have to admit like all of us, we can't see beyond our disability and I know it is hard. I have had to give up a lot because of Fibromyalgia and my severe back problems and it can get me down, but I have to remember over and over that God is not finished with me yet.
    I can still be used to serve Him but just in other ways.
    Sometimes, he wants us to have more time to reflect on Him and His Word where otherwise, I wouldn't take the time.
    We can also use our DD to help others who may also be suffering. God will have just the right one for you to marry, I just know it. I can tell you have so much going for you that any good christian guy would go for. I know I've rambled, but want you to know I'll be praying for you and I do care.

Love,
    Harmony
  5. stilhere

stilhere New Member

I'm jessica and I've been diagnosed with Lupus sle for 3 years now, at first they thought that I wouldn't make it this long, but God had other plans :). I'm a single mother of 4, and I can relate to you...I don't really go out,...I feel I don't have the energy...that who would want to date me, being sick, but I feel encouraged by my faith in the Lord, I thought I had a good relationship with my King, but my relationship with the Lord grew into a more initmate relationship when I got sick....I'm still not seeing anyone, there is no one in sight, but I know my Lord loves me and that He will provide for everything...even for a companion....God Bless you...
  6. robin

robin New Member

I was diagnosed with fibro/cfs in 1986 and am semi
    invalid. Nap a couple of times a day. Also a christian
    since the 1970's, attend a small evangelical church
    nearby which I also have hard time attending as I am
    sick so often with many different ailments!
    When I get back, the elders are going to anoint me
    with oil, lay hands on me (never believed in that
    before it worked for me) and pray FOR A HEALED IMMUNE
    SYSTEM that is obviously broken! Good idea, no?

I would be happy to exchange e-mails with you either
    here on the board or you can do private ones to me
    at Bobbinrobin41@aol.com . Or both. You can choose.
    I like to give options when I can....:>)

Glad you wrote,
    Robin
  7. Karrot

Karrot New Member

Hey lady,

You sound fun. And I know exactly how you feel. Aren't those wonderful words. And it's so amazing to know that I'm not alone either.

I'm 22 also. I also went to a Bible college (I guess you could call it that) - a small teacher/pastor/staff minister college in southern Minnesota. I also had to drop out due to my fatigue. I also have CFS and it has killed my self esteem and forced me to see myself as a different person. It's good to hear that you know that you are still a person worthy of good company. I was very blessed in that I met a wonderful man. I actually met him online - so your offer isn't so far out there :)

I share your same concerns. I'm afraid that I'll never have my own career, that I'll never graduate, that I'll never fulfill any of my dreams. I'm presently pregnant and am scared to death that I will be an inadequate mother. And I'm really afraid that I will never make any friends, let alone any who would understand the life that I live.

Harmony, you had some very wise words that I need to keep in mind more often. "Sometimes our plans at the moment are not what God has for us, but if we are patient and wait on His timing, He will show you what he has for you. I believe that everything that comes into our lives, is for a purpose and God can use it for some good to come out of it." I know He has a plan for me even though sometimes it seems hopeless. I have to remind myself that God is far more wise than I. It's a huge move of trust.

Foreverdream, I would love to be your friend. If you need anyone to talk to - just to vent to. You know, I will understand. I lived with my mother for some time after I dropped out of school and it was very difficult. I was very depressed. Feel free to write to me anytime. schnipperdog@msn.com

May God grant you serenity,
    Karrot
  8. selma

selma New Member

Limiting yourself to only people that are Christian will limit the love that you are meant to recieve.
    Please read the prayer below.

Please take a moment to relax your mind and humble your heart to focus on Christ /Allah / Elijah/ Budda / Higher Power . Allow God, to be the only person on your mind while you read this prayer. If we can take the time to read long jokes, stories, etc., we should give the same respect to this prayer. Friends that pray together, stay together.

Dear Lord, thank You for this day. I thank You for my being able to see and to hear this morning. I’m blessed because You are a forgiving, loving God and an understanding God. You have done so much for me and You keep on
    blessing me. Forgive me this day for everything I have done, said or thought that was not pleasing to you. I ask now for Your forgiveness.

Please keep me safe from all danger and harm. Help me to start this day with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude.
    Let me make the best of each and every day. And to clear my mind so that I can hear from You.

Please broaden my mind that I can accept All things.
    Help me to accept the things I cannot change change the things I can and the wisedom to know the difference.

Let me not whine and whimper over things I have no control over.

Let me continue to see sin through God's eyes and acknowledge it as evil.
    And when I sin, let me repent, and confess with my mouth my wrong doing, and receive the forgiveness of God.

And when this world closes in on me, let me remember Jesus’ example to slip away and find a quiet place to pray. It’s the best response when I’m pushed beyond my limits. I know that when I can’t pray, You listen
    to my heart. Continue to use me to do Your will.

Continue to bless me that I may be a blessing to others. Keep me strong that I may help the weak. Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encourngement for others.
    I pray for those that are lost and can’t find their way. I pray for those that misjudged and misunderstood. I pray for those who don’t know You intimately. I pray for those that will delete this without sharing it with others.
    I pray for those that don't believe. But, I thank You that I believe.
    I believe that God changes people and God changes things. I pray for all my sisters and brothers throughout the world. For each and every family member in their households since we all have the same Father.
    I pray for peace, love and joy, health, light and enlightenment,and hope in their homes that they are out of debt physically and emotionally and all their needs are met. I pray that every eye that reads this knows there is no problem,
    circumstance, or situation greater than God. Every battle is in Your hands for You to fight. I pray that these words be received into the hearts of every eye that sees them and every mouth that confesses them willingly.
    I also pray for those who mourn and those without homes or sheter and those who have no food. I pray for those who will never see this.

This is my prayer. Amen.
    You may want to add-In Jesus's Name, Amen
    God has already blessed you.
    I'll also pray for you. Love & huggs, Selma
  9. jolly

jolly New Member

That was a wonderful prayer. And I loved the way the first post was signed "God's little girl." Jo Ellen
  10. barelyme

barelyme New Member

Foreverdream~
    Could you please email me? I would IM you, but this board doesn't allow that (at least I don't think so).
    Thank you, Sherri
    sherri@bak.rr.com