2nd denial (SSDI) rec'd today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Engel, Nov 20, 2008.

  1. Engel

    Engel New Member

    This is so ridiculous. I have been ill for like 25 + years (I will be 55 in March) and have worked since I was 16 years old ... lots of documentation (DRs etc), representation, and I get denied ... 2x. lol If I don't laugh I will cry.

    Now I have to wait another 6-18 months (maybe longer) for a darn hearing. BUT ... according to my reps, 95% of cases win at that point. OK? What about the other freakin' 5%??? Will I be in that darn 5% ???

    It will be 2 years in February since I haven't worked due to my health. What happens IF the LTD cuts me off? This is just ridiculous. Maybe I should have just gone it on my own? Unfortunately, I had no one to help me and Lord knows I cannot focus to read and my cognitive abilities are shot.

    So here I am ... another poor sap that has to STRESSSSSSSSSS about whether or not I will win SSDI eventually. IT SUCKS TO BE US!
  2. findmind

    findmind New Member

    Do not give up now!!! You are almost there, ok?

    I would call my congressperson and tell them just what you wrote here: one never knows how fast you will be in front of a judge and get approved.

    Try it.....
  3. jmq

    jmq New Member

    I am in the same boat. Waiting now for my hearing . SS sent me to four doctors already...two doctors and two phychologist. This iis in addition to having years of records from three of my doctors.. two of which say I am not able to work. I think the system just trys to discouurage us to give up. I have no choice but to keep fighting becuase we are stone broke. It is a scarry situation....and they really do not care.

  4. gmom605

    gmom605 New Member

    don`t give up !! ur almost there! you will win!

  5. Engel

    Engel New Member

    Gosh I hope you all are right. I know jmq has been at this longer than me :-( and my heart goes out to you. I think we have the same LTD Company (Hartford). I am using Crowe Paradis (similar to ALLSUP) as my representatives (referred by LTD). CP says 95% get approved at this level ... lets hope I am among that 95%. I have no choice other than to hang in there and wait.

    I got sent for 1 evaluation (a real joke of a psychological evaluation). I have documentation of years of depression. Go figure. I wish they would send to me to some physical evaluations (like using my hands). What a joke! Oh well. I guess there is a method to their madness?

    I really had hoped to have this resolved before summer but it isn't going to happen. :-( I have to get out of this cold climate. It is doing me in (physically & financially). I just hate to go through another winter here. Our November has been more like January. I also hate to rent an apartment this spring (here) and be stuck in a 1 year lease.

    Thank you all for your support :)
  6. lin21

    lin21 New Member

    I know firsthand what you are going through. YOu story is the same as mine, worked since I was 16 , denied denied, it was hell but some how I got through it and you will too. It was a nightmare, they hit you when you are down.
    The only advice I can give you is keep up the fight. Also, try to get an advocate, I listened to everybody and hired a lawyer that I had to pay $5,000 to, the whole thing was like a sham, I swear that judge and lawyer had it all planned out. Now I find out after it was all over, I could have had an advocate and paid nothing. I could sure use that $5000 now!!!
  7. bobbycat

    bobbycat New Member

    Where to you get a advocate from.
  8. CSusie

    CSusie New Member

    Don't give up!!!! I know you have been told that before, but please listen to us! I also was denied twice, but in my heart I knew I could not work anymore. Because I continued to pursue it I was granted disability on my 3rd try (which was in front of the judge).

    One question I have tho is, do you have an attorney? If you don't you may want to consult with one (consultations are normally free). I did hire an attorney after my 2nd denial, and for me anyway, he was worth every penny. I can say in my case anyway, he was a major help to me.

    Every case is different and every state is probably a bit slower (ha) with the process, so also try talking to others that have gone through this in your state.

    Best of luck to you ~ my heart goes out to you as you continue through this long and crazy process!!
    [This Message was Edited on 12/01/2008]

[ advertisement ]