2nd round of dmsa for mercury detox

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mbofov, May 14, 2012.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Okay, it's the 2nd day of the 2nd round of dmsa (3 days on and 4 days off each round), and this so far is easier than the first. I think this is because paradoxically enough I am taking more dmsa - five 25 mg. capsules instead of 3. From what I've read of Andrew Cutler's protocol, it's important to keep a steady stream of it going to keep mercury and heavy metals from redistributing in the body. Cutler recommends every 4 hours, I think I'm averaging about every 5. My doctor had started me on 3 capsules a day, saying it would be easier, but it was actually harder with only 3 - more side effects - than with 5.

Still am somewhat spacey but not as bad as the first time around, and my appetite actually is pretty good. Well, it was off this morning but now I'm hungry. And am a little extra tired but also feel perky. It is a very strange combination! I did wake up feeling not very well, but have felt better as the morning wore on.

So we'll see. I'm going to do probably 4 rounds at the 25 mg. dose and then probably increase it to 50 mg. and see what happens. I am tolerating it better than I thought I would. Also, I may try Cutler's recommendation of adding in alpha lipoic acid according to his protocol, after I finish 4 rounds. I will run it by my doctor - I don't think he'll have any problem with it though.

I did find that when I stopped the dmsa on the 4th day, that that day was rather rough, which makes me think the mercury was redistributing then.

Hopefully it won't get any worse the next day or two - I'll keep you posted -

2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I'm sorry to hear of your struggles! I hope you feel better soon, and thank you so much for your thoughts in the midst of your own problems -

Take care -

3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I will keep you all posted - I am glad that this week is easier than last ...

4. deepak

deepak Member

Good luck with it Mary :). I hope it works well for you.

Leah - Hugs - hope your issues resolve soon :).

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And sending up a prayer for you. Hang in there and keep us updated.

Love, Mikie
  6. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

for your good wishes. Actually today is a little worse than yesterday, but it is day 3 (whew!) so I can stick it out.

It's funny how the symptoms wax and wane .....

Leah - I really hope you recover (?) soon - I don't know if you are sick or what's going on, but I keep you in thoughts -

Best wishes to you all -