2nd UPDATE: SON-IN-LAW'S LESIONS ON LIVER

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Nanie46, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

My Son-in-law, Brent, had an MRI of the liver with and without contrast on Monday, Sept 22. Today the Dr's office called to say that it showed the same thing as the CT scan....lesions, and not sure what they are.

Now they want to proceed with the CT guided biopsy. We have concerns about this hospital/Dr's doing it since they already told him at a consultation that the lesions only showed up with contrast and the CT guided biopsy is done without contrast. That means that they won't be able to see if they are taking tissue samples of the correct spots.

The radiologist also explained that the procedure will be difficult because the lesions are deep within the liver and the procedure has risks of bleeding, etc. The liver is very vascular.

My Son-in-Law has left a message for the Dr who successfully treated him for brain cancer 17 years ago, to see if that Dr can refer him to the best Dr at the best hospital to have the biopsy performed. We will take him where ever he needs to go to get a safe, accurate and timely result.

We were all hoping that the MRI would be able to diagnose the lesions without needing the biopsy, but that was not the case.

Please continue to pray for my son-in law...that he has this test performed safely, accurately and soon, and that he has a good result. He is only 31 years old and my grandchildren are only 4 1/2 and 2 years old. I would appreciate all of your prayers for him. Thanks very much.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/24/2008]
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers. I really appreciate it. My faith is deep and I know God will see him and us through.
  3. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

Thank you for the update. It must be so frustrating to hear that answer to something that you have been waiting for on pins and needles. More waiting ! That is one of the worse things of the whole deal.

I pray , Lord , that the waiting is short and that You fill this whole family with peace and contentment no matter what. You can make all things good and I pray that all is good in this circumstance too . Please let there be a less invasive way to check out the liver. If this is the only way , Lord , please let there be a God - guided doctor who is an expert and who can do the biopsy with minimal invasion and pain and no bleeding.

I pray this in Jesus' Holy name, Amen and Amen

Oh , and Lord , please watch over those little children . They don't understand what this all means , but they need a dad , Lord.

In HIs Grace, I will keep praying !

Holly
  4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

Thank you so much for your prayers and encouragement. It is wonderful to know that people who don't even know us are praying and do care. I am going to post a 3rd update with some new news.