3 Minutes to a PainFree Life

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nanannan, Nov 2, 2006.

1. nanannan

nanannan New Member

I have had what I think is fibromyalgia for 23 plus years, but have never been actually been diagnosed. I have the chronic body-wide pain but no other symptoms. Needless to say, like all of you, I have searched for relief by multiple doctor visits and many dollars on literature, none of which were helpful. Then a month ago, I found a book on the internet that I thought might be of help (here I go again, throwing more money down the toilet), but thinking it's only $20, so what do I have to lose. I ordered it, and after having read the introductory information, it looked promising. It made more sense to me than anything I have learned over the years. I have been doing some of the stretchs described and believe that in time I will find relief.

Many years ago, I read a biography of Dr. Christian Bernard, the famous heart surgeon in South Africa. He developed rheumatoid arthritis and had to quit operating which broke his heart. He tried everything looking for a cure, many of which were pretty far-out. But he wrote one thing that stuck in my mind -- "There is always one more thing to try." This book is my one more thing, and if it doesn't work, I will look for another one more thing.

You can find info on the book at [web site address removed as per rules].

If any of you do order it, I would love to have any feedback on what you think of it.

littlerudy
  2. Summerbreeze

Summerbreeze Member

I have been doing the basic stretches for the past week. One great thing about them is that you do not have to devote your life to doing them. Just 3 minutes per day and you're done! I have been plagued with headaches lately so I am also doing the exercise for that.

I don't know if it will help yet but they are not hard to do (mostly yoga-type poses). I find it easy to do them because of the short time required. The hardest one for me is the squat. Keeping my heels on the ground is tough, keep wanting to tip over!

Good luck...Summerbreeze
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

If anyone's also read James Coburn's story, about how he had crippling arthritis pain that no one could help - it's why he had to stop making movies for a long time.

But he persisted in trying anything and everything!

He tried everything from faith healing to all kinds of meds, he didn't care what it was... nothing helped until he found the doctor who pioneered the use of MSM for inflammation. He found that 40 Grams (yes you read that correctly, 40 G = 40,000 MG) took all his pain away........ he even was able to make more movies before he died.
  4. nanannan

nanannan New Member

Thank you for your response to my post about the 3 minutes book. There are two stretches in particular that I think will be very helpful -- the shoulder stretch on page 161, and the one for the hips on page 179. These are the two areas where I have the most trouble. I can't sit for more than 15 to 20 minutes at a time, so I am anxious to see if I can find relief. I am a 78 year old widow; retired legal secretary (if fibro is a stress-related ailment, need I say more?). I just do the ones that won't break any of my bones or dislocate any joints, ha, ha, because of my age, but I'll keep on truckin' and hopin'.
  5. Summerbreeze

Summerbreeze Member

I'm sure anything that gets us to move a bit and allow blood flow to our problem areas can only help. Since the exercises are all simple and gentle (and involve so little time) most all of us would be able to participate.

I went through the "diagnostic test" portion of the book. I THEN read you should not do it until you've engaged in the "daily maintenance program" for three months. Oops! I have become one of those people who tends to dive right in before reading the instructions. I guess I need to work on that.

Good luck to you. Hope you find the program beneficial. I will continue with the basic exercises and see how it goes.

I have some old exercise instructions (to be used with very light weights) given to me by a physical therapist I visited for a frozen shoulder some years ago. Believe it or not, they are the ONLY thing that helps when my shoulder acts up.

Blessings, Summerbreeze