3 months on transfer factor: steady improvement

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deliarose, Dec 3, 2006.

1. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I've been on Immune Care 64 for three months now. I've also been trying to raise my glutathione (undenatured whey and oral liposomal glutathione) and have been taking antioxidants, bioflavonoids and OLE.

I have made tremendous progress. Brain fog is much improved. Some residual problems with concentration, and i'm still a bit slow to process information (work-wise) but memory is back.

I'm getting better quality sleep. I'm sleeping longer, but it feels more refreshing. Fatigue is minimal. I'm more motivated in my daily life. (But still not working).

I think I may be losing weight.

Blood pressure is still low, I'm still senstive to the cold. (I wear socks in bed). I've just discovered I have low ferritin so I will address that problem adn hopefully that will help with restless leg.

I dont' have any test data to show my viral load going down, but I assume that is what's going on.

I will get natural killer cell activity retested when I go back to see Dr Brewer in January, and I hope that will have improved.

It was 5 LUs on a scale where normal is 8-170 wehn I tested in August.

Background: tested positive for previous EBV and CMV infection, negative for HHV6 and Lyme.

(NB: Brewer says there is no reliable test for HHV6. I think he assumes all his patients have it. But that's just my interpretation.)

Awaiting results on heavy metals testing. Planning to get detox pathways tested thru Genovations.

Cheers
    Delia

2. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I would happily use antivirals, but Brewer only uses Valcyte or transfer factor.
    I think he has found that the other AVs are not effective v. HHV6 .. so he doesn't use them.

And he opted not to put me on Valcyte because of the fertility concerns.

Good luck with Kane.
    Delia
  3. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I'm glad you are experiencing real progress. I started them about a month ago and could tell a diffence in my sinuses and sores healing faster.

Keep us posted.

Shar
  4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Do you know what Dr. Brewer's response rate etc. has been with Valcyte? Or how long it takes for patients to start to see improvement? Or how much better they get?

The more you talk about Dr. Brewer, the better you make me feel. It's nice to have a sense that there is at least one other doctor in the country that I might be at least a little satisfied with.
  5. deliarose

deliarose New Member

i only have the sketchiest of details regarding Brewer's success rate as I have only had one appointment with him and most of the time was spent discussing my case/history etc...

He told he had treated 500 patients with his protocol and 75 percent had "responded well."

He said some had gone on to run marathons (they had been sick only 5/6 years tho).

I think by protocol he meant either Valcyte or Transfer factor, plus glutathione and antioxidants.

But if you look at his website, you will see that he experimented with all the AVs down the years (Famvir, Acyclovir, etc) ...so he may have been talking about the whole class of AVs.

Either way, he has clearly refined his protocol down to Valcyte or TF.

He will only see patients once every 6 months, so i will press him more on my next apptment.

I'm curious to know if he has published much on his work. I haven't really looked very hard.

Ditto Martin Lerner in Detroit. As far as I can gather, he's been using AVs for a long time with some success.

Delia
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so happy for you. I have great respect for Dr. Brewer and the TF's. Keep us updated.

Love, Mikie
  7. deliarose

deliarose New Member

There is no doubt in my mind that I am making a full recovery and will go back to work in the next year or so.. provided this keeps up of course.

The big question is what damage has been done by 10 years of toxin/viral overload and massive free radical damage.

Brewer said he thought I would have some nerve damage judging by a test I had done on my autonomic system.

Unclear what that will be.

Delia
  8. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Where is Dr. Brewer located again?

Is it difficult to see him as a new patient? What kind of costs does he have?

Just curious. I'm a big believer in backup plans.
  9. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Dr. Brewer and the Transfer Factors sounds like a 50's rock group. :)

Forebearance