3 Pieces of String Joke

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, Oct 22, 2011.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

This joke make any sense?

"Three pieces of string walked into a bar. The first piece of string went up to the bar and asked the barman “Can i have three pints of beer please?”” The barman replied “”No sorry, Mate. We don't serve pieces of string here."

Totally lame, right? So I decided there must be more to the
    joke, and I Googled "3 pieces of string walked into". Discovered
    there WAS more. And here it is.

The second piece of string didn't have any look with the
    bartender either. So the 3rd piece of string said, "I'll show
    ya how ta do it."

And he pulled at himself till he was disheveled and ragged.
    And then he confronted the bartender who said, "Hey, aren't
    you a piece of string?"

"No," said the piece of string. "I'm afraid not."

Now the only problem is you have to analyze the punch line
    to get the joke. Ha Ha!!

Another joke somewhat less contrived.

The police have announced that terrorists have been hiding bombs in cans of alphabet soup, They say if the bombs go off it could spell disaster!

Now that one's pretty funny. Outta provoke some laughter; even if it's canned.

And here's the explanation for joke number uno. The piece of string was saying,
    "No, I'm not a piece of string. I'm a frayed knot."

There now! Didn't that brighten up your day all to pieces?!

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Before the spoiler explanation but then, you know I'm a pun nut. Thanks for the laughs.

Love, Mikie
  3. rockgor

Yes, I figured you'd figure it out. Took me a while. I found a site that has a lot of
    visual puns.

Some of them I don't comprehend. Probably because they are about the popular
    culture of young people.

If you look around at the pun site, you can find related themes like Poorly Dressed
    People of the World. Worse than People of Walmart. Nut-en but the worst.

4. rockgor

Here's a real life pun that's right up to date. I am busy doing the laundry. But
    I can't get the last load outta the washer because somebody (whose initials are
    Gordon) has put a pot full of something (stew?) on top of the washer.

He and one of his sisters are having some sort of cooking seminar. I can't take
    the hot pot into the kitchen because all the counter space is taken. I will
    have to think of a counter move.

And here's a historic pun one of my nephews told me 10-15 years ago. "I gotta
    potato clock." That's the answer. Like Jeopardy, you have to figure out the

And here's one even more historic. I was graduated from High School in 1958. One
    day in school I noticed a bump behind my ear. When I mentioned it, someone said,
    "Oh, it might be mono." I said, "If it were behind both ears, would it be stereo?"

That was au currant at the time since stereo records were first sold in 1958.

(And now they're obsolete.) The question re: the potato clock was, "What time did
    you get up this morning?"

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Love them. I did need the hint on the first one. Great admiration for your funny pun on stereo. If I weren't sooooo tired, I'd try to come up with something clever but I think the pun area of my brain is asleep. BTW, there is a new game which uses words that, when said all together, form a saying or phrase.

Love, Mikie