3 questions-Hello?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kats1978, Jun 13, 2003.

1. kats1978

kats1978 New Member

1 Does anybody else have ----GuaifenexorMeclizineto watch for low blood suger and what can help it to raise?
    2 Why must we fart 24/7? (I really don't like this one)
    3 Which med (Guaifenex or Meclizine) can make you throw up?
  2. kats1978

kats1978 New Member

1. Apparently that is why my pulse is abnormal, so I would like to change it.
    2. I would like to change this one and stop feeling bad about it.
    3. Maybe this is why I need to drink more.
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I can only respond to the second question, no experience with 1 and 3, sorry!

I stopped passing gas when I stopped eating milk products & gluten & soy---things I found out I was allergic to. Previously I had had tons of ((smelly)) gas! I can only conclude that some nasty reaction was brewing in my intestinal tract from any of these, or the combination. I am literally gas-free now---unless I eat something from these foods.

Hope you get answers on the Guaifenex & Meclizine.

Hugs,
    Pam
  4. Jen F

Jen F New Member

As far as 2 goes,

the food sensitivity check is a good idea, and, speaking as someone who has been diagnosed with IBS, I find the following helpful:

metamucil daily

a good probiotic. I get a powdered one from my Naturopath's office [Natren's Superdophilus], and mix it with water and drink it in the mornings before I eat. I find it particularly effective in promoting good gut health. But there are lots out on the market and some others are probably at least somewhat helpful.

perhaps taking digestive enzymes with your meals?

practicing good food combining rules? such as eating only vegetables with proteins, rather than mixing proteins with carbohydrates, eating carbos on their own or with veggies. eating raw fruit on its own, etc. it's not easy, but perhaps this will improve your digestion, cause it sounds like there is probably stuff in your intestine that is not properly broken down and little beasties are interacting with the undigested food and producing gas. [If I'm remembering my info correctly]

Hope you improve!