3 Weeks of Methylating

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by redhummingbird, Aug 26, 2008.

1. redhummingbird

redhummingbird New Member

Today is week 3 of the methylation protocol. I'm taking Perque B12; 1/4 tab Intrinsi/B12; 1/4 tab Folate; 1 Phosphatidyl Serine Complex; and 1/4 tab General Vitamin Health.

I'm also taking Mepron and 500mg of Biaxin for babesia.

I have not had any die off symptoms yet. Maybe some increase in fatigue some days but nothing that compares to what I went through 4 weeks ago while starting the protocol and being on Omnicef and Minocycline.

I'm starting to slowly increase the General Vitamin or Neuro Health Formula.

I *think* I've had some mild improvement. Treating the babesia has drastically reduced my dizziness.

I keep waiting for the die off but hope that somehow I'll avoid it.

One question: how much does and when do you increase the supplements?
    [This Message was Edited on 08/26/2008]
  2. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Go redhummingbird!!!

I hope you avoid the die-off, too. I would wait at least a month before you increase the increase-able methylation supplements. I think it's best to sneak up on the amounts gradually, just in case you get the too-fast detox reaction that I and others did.

Best wishes for your continued improvement!

3. redhummingbird

Thank you for your advice!!! I'm going to pull back from the increases I started doing until next week.

You probably saved me from a too fast detox!

Thank you-

4. Diva55

Diva55 New Member

The advice from Rich is that the current doses you are taking are the optimum blance except for the multi which can be increased to up to 2 a day.

After a while if you feel up to it you can increase the B12 either with more Perque B12's or other forms of Hydroxy B12 (liquid, patches, Iv's).

Some people who have been on the protocol for a while have experimented with increasing the folates to 1 a day but that should be done carefully as it's all about balance & what your body can take.

I's all very individual. The best way is to keep a journal to track your progress & any detox. If you find any increases are too much just back down or stop them for a short period.

The basic protocol is the starting point & it's up to you to assess how you do. Without the more expensive longer protocol & expensive testing it can be a challenge but that's why we're doing the simplified as we don't have the money for the above!

Good luck & best wishes

5. redhummingbird

Thank you for your helpful advice! It sounds like you know a lot about the methylation protocol.

Based on what you wrote I'm thinking maybe increasing the Neuro Health Formula might be the way to start along with increasing the B12.

My doctor prescribed methyl B12 injections. I know Rich is concerned about it moving mercury into the brain so I stopped doing them.

I asked my doctor who said it won't move mercury to the brain. I'm going by what Rich says though until I learn more.

Is there a forum for people on the simplified protocol?

I'm on the yasko one but that is way above my brain fogged mind.

I would love to get tested for a methylation block and plan to once about $400 gets dropped into my lap!

Thanks again for your reply.

6. Diva55

Diva55 New Member

I’m certainly no expert – just picked up things on the way!

You might try increasing the multi but leave the B12 for awhile longer. Some people hadn’t increased the B12 for many months. But as I said it’s up to the individual to monitor the balance. Hopefully your doctor is also up to speed on the protocol & is monitoring you.

Are you on the CFS Yahoo group?. They discuss the longer protocol as well as the simplified so you have to pick & choose your reading. I get confused there & some of it’s over my head but I pick up bits & pieces. They have some very useful information in the FILES section which may help you.

The Yasko message board where although it’s mainly parents of Autistic kids there are some adults posting there. It takes a bit of time to get into it but again you can pick up some interesting things.

Yes I would love the money for testing as well!

Best wishes
  7. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

I would stay at those levels and maybe inch up on the multi vitamin.

The thing about methylation is that once the floodgates open, you can have detox that takes a while to slow down.

Rivka on the CFS Yasko protocol has played with increasing the basic 5 beyond what which recommends. Perhaps you could search on her name and read her experience.

I haven't been on that group for a while (or this one). Lost internet due to storm (now another one is coming).

8. redhummingbird

Thanks for the advice! I will stay where I'm at and very slowly go up on the multi.

I noticed you weren't around and wondered where you went. It's good to see you back!

I hope you weather the next storm okay...