30 dollar rebounder

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bigmama2, Oct 19, 2006.

1. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

I just recently bought a rebounder (mini trampoline) for only $29.95 at Dicks sporting goods store. It is made by a company called Fitness Gear. I also got a one year warrenty for only $5.00 thru Dick's.

I was worried it would be a piece of crap, but was pleasantly surprised. I bounced on it for several minutes, 4 times a day. It's fun, except my boobs practically give me black eyes, so I end up holding them down with my hands. Not a pretty sight, but there ain't no sports bra strong enough for my girls!

The weight limit on this rebounder is 220 lbs, which I can sadly assure you I am WAY over, but the rebounder seemed to do just fine! Only problem is that rebounding made one of my knees hurt- maybe I did too much too fast.

Anyways - just wanted you all to know that there is a cheap rebounder at dick's and it is not a piece of crap. If my knee can take it, I'll bounce everyday, and let you know how the cheapl rebounder holds up over time, and if I feel the rebounding helps me.

Bigmama2
  2. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Bigmama

Keep us posted on how it goes. I would love to try this but can't afford new equipment right now. I am also sadly known for getting enthusiastic about something and then it sits in a corner and collects dust.

Unfortunately I am Canadian so I have never heard of Dicks. Has anyone heard of some at a Canadian store in this price range?

I laughed at your description of the bouncing boobs. I had a similar problem and understand completely. LOL

hugs Redwillow
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Bigmama:

I have a Dick's store in my area. I am going to check out the rebounder.

Thanks for the lead. I am always looking for a bargain.

nyrofan
  4. BethM

BethM New Member

Thanks for the info! I searched online yesterday for rebounders and was discouraged at the high price tags. This gives me hope that maybe I will find one I can afford.

Please keep us posted about your progress and how this inexpensive machine holds up.

Thanks,
    Beth.
  5. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

thanks for responding.
    I'm almost positive you can order it online thru Dick's Sporting Goods website.

AS for our Canadian friends- call your local sporting goods store- you know, the one that sells all the ice hockey equptment and stuff. or order one online. I also think that "big box" stores like Kmart etc sell them.

Bigmama2

By the way I forgot to mention that when I first got my rebounder home, and tried it, and was bouncing and dealing with my unruly chest, I yelled to my friend "I'll have to hold these girls down" right as my mail man came up to my door. Oh yea, he heard me, and saw me. I have a way with timing.
  6. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I am in Ontario and just got mine today. Gor it from the Shopping Channel. One thing is you can try it for 30 days and if you don't like it send it back.

It is expensive, $129, but has a balance bar and the weight limit is 400 lbs.

It is very sturdy.

Bigmama, have you tried wearing 2 sportsbras at once, that's what my busty friend does when she exersizes, 2 bras plus a tight tshirt.

Let us know how you do.

Sue
  7. cct

cct Member

Thanks for the lead on the rebounder from Dick's Sporting. There is a Dick's near my house, so I think that I will go see if they have any of the affordable rebounder models.

I have a question for anyone:
    What is the difference between rebounding and jumping rope?

On a rebounder, you are jumping up-and-down and with a jump rope you are jumping up-and-down. What is the difference?

The rebounder is probably easier on the knees but the jump rope is cheaper. So why not just get a jump rope?

Bigmama, have you tried wrapping those girls up? If you have any type of breast surgery, the docs wrap you chest up with ace bandages afterwards in order to prevent any movement.
  8. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

includes the use of your shoulder, arms wrists and hands, plus you have to jump off the floor.

My understanding with the rebounder is that you don't have to jump to get motion, just bounce up and down without your feet leaving the floor of the rebounder. Not really any strain on your joints this way.

rope jumping would kill my upper body AND my lower body joints!
  9. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Bigmama2 -- First, let me say.....LOVE THAT NAME :):):)

Just wanted to tell you that your visual of "holding the girls down" right when the mailman came to the door is hysterical. GREAT TIMING :)

Happy bouncing :)
  10. Britt2

Britt2 New Member

The visuals are just too much today, I am laughin my big butt off. Righr on. Thanks so much for this post, I have been thinking about getting a used one or a cheaper one to try it out. I hear so many good things about rebounding, its crazy. I just have a hard time believing that its that easy, just jump up and down a little bit everyday and you'll feel better. Trust me, I want to believe, but I am having a hard time, its posts like this that really do make me want to go out and get one and try it out......let me know how it goes....and good luck with the girls! I have that same problem too.....

e
  11. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Oh my gosh you are too funny Bigmama! The mail man story is hilarious...I can picture it now. I too have the same timing problem. Never fails I am ALWAYS doing or saying something ridiculous or inappropriate when I am at a restaurant and the waitress/waiter walks up to the table. They can be so stealthy!!! LOL!

Let us know how the rebounding goes. I may have to spend the money and try this if everyone is getting good results. I may need to get the one with the bar on it though because I do have a problem with the dizziness.

Thanks,
    Pam
  12. marsupialmama

marsupialmama New Member

I have heard that equestrian bras can help with the bounce thing. Imagine trotting or cantering with unruly "girls" and you can see why such a piece of scaffolding exists...

(yup,I call it scaffolding)

I am a "big mama" too and would NEVER consider jumping rope. Too much impact on my arthritic joints and aching muscles. I would end up in the ER begging for morphine or at the vet's begging to be put down :-( Ditto for running, jogging and jumping jacks.

I had a rebounder once but I think I never really benefitted from it and gave it away due to lack of space, not really knowing how to use it and getting fed up of trying to keep the baby off of it.

The baby is now old enough to be sensible about these things so I may consider buying another if I can find a good but cheap one. Can;t remember where I bought the other one.

Do they really help with detoxing? I am planning to start the candida cleanse etc and am interested in anything that will help expedite the clearing out of toxins and other bodily junk.