30 something group

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BabsFl, May 29, 2003.

1. BabsFl

BabsFl New Member

Since we are all on the subject. How about those that are 30 ish?

I am 34 will be 35 this year going on 18...Just ask my teens! he he he

I get along fine with everyone I think even though my body feels 125 years old I am still a kid at heart and always will be. We sure can't go by the saying "you are only as old as you feel" That is not a true statement!

I have a block on my e-mail so I don't get all that junk but would like to add to my list of friends!! I have met alot of caring supportive people here this site has been a blessing!!!

Hugs,
    Barb G
  2. TNhayley

TNhayley New Member

I was 33 on 03/03/03 ... hmmmmm.... I expected some major event, and I got it ... two days before my bday I ended up in the hospital and had my appendex taken out ... NOT the type of event I had in mind LOL!
    Hayley
  3. misterfixit

misterfixit New Member

I am a 34/m/cfids/ 7 years. I would like to talk to others my age to also see how they cope...... prophecynet@yahoo.com
  4. allhart

allhart New Member

im 32 will be 33 june 21st,
  5. npack

npack New Member

Hi, I don't post a whole lot because I only have internet at work. It's nice to get to know people around your own age so you can compare notes and try to understand this crazy DD.
  6. upnorth

upnorth New Member

I'm 32. I've never tryed a message before. I've been sick for a year - started with Mono. It's turned my life upside down. Maybe I could network with others going through this.
  7. sharie

sharie New Member

Thanks Barb,

I posted with the younger crowd and was starting to feel a little old. :) Will be 32 next week. New to fibro but not to chronic illness. Have had lupus for 16 years. Nice to meet everyone and looking foward to chatting.

Sharie
  8. abjessop

abjessop New Member

I'm also 31, with lupus and fibro since I was about 20. Lately, I feel a whole lot closer to 70.
    I'd love to chat. abjessop@hotmail.com

Hugs,
    abby
  9. ifuwouldjust

ifuwouldjust New Member

I will be 35 in two weeks. I have Fibro. Also someother type of inflammation that no one will diagnosis. RA and Lupus ruled out. I would love to make new friends too.

Z34sweetie@aol.com
  10. gbean

gbean New Member

Hi Barb and other thirty-somethings,
    I am thirty-five fibromite. I am married with no kids (but one great australian sheperd mix dog and a cat) and live in hot and humid Houston.
    I am seriously lonely and very tired of not having any friends to talk to that really understand what fibromyalgia is.
    I have lost my parents (they don't talk to me) and almost every girlfriend I've ever had in thirteen years mainly due to the fact that I'm sick and they just don't get it. It is sad, because I used to be very outgoing and made friends easy. Now I am a hermit due to this DD and can't meet anyone new. Even if I do meet someone new I find it hard because they don't understand.
    If anyone wants to ever e-mail me for complete support, sympathy-you can whine all you want and I won't reject u-and friendship feel free- genac68@aol.com
  11. praisingHim

praisingHim New Member

I am 29, but am approaching 30 very quickly!!
  12. bwoodruff

bwoodruff New Member

I'm 31 - will be 32 in a couple of weeks - got married 6 months ago to my soulmate and am the proud mommy of a humongus kitty named Samantha. I was diagnosed with FMS 7 years ago. Good to meet some people in the same boat as me!
  13. FMayastigi

FMayastigi New Member

I can say that most of the time I feel twice or more my age. When I seen the post for the "younger crowd" I didn't post I felt like I was waaaay out of that. I would like to also start a friends list. I am always looking for information, ideas and often just someone to talk with. I think this place is great!!! I have said it before and I could not have found all of you at a better time.

Soft hugs!!!
    Tammy
  14. woppini

woppini New Member

Is it over yet? lol
  15. givebliss

givebliss New Member

I'm 38, so I almost made it as the oldest in this thread, until HiRiskRN replied!

I'm still working (barely), but find I have to take many days off when I just can't function. I can't come clean at work about my CF (too many lions eager to pounce on a wounded gazelle), so I end up saying I had some virus/flu, whatever. I'm sure there's suspicion that I'm just playing hooky. Anyone else in this untenable position?

Bliss Out, GB
  16. DLBRPAC

DLBRPAC New Member

I am 34 years old. I was diagnosed with CFIDS in 1994, but had it ever since age 21. Have improved over the years, primarilly with conventional meds. But, still have many days where I feel like a 100 year old man.
    -David
  17. 2girls

2girls New Member

and holding...

2girls
  18. Jen F

Jen F New Member

hello fellow 30-somethings!!!

Yes, my 79 yr old granfather had higher functioning than me before he died 2 years ago!

But at least I don't look 79. NOr do I look sick, according to the comments I've had. We've all had....

They just don't know how fabulous I look when I'm well!! tee hee.

Bliss - I wasn't straight with my workplace either and I regret it. i was paying at least $30 per month for LTD and I should have applied. Now I get $930 per month from ODSP, and am happy for that. But, if I had stopped working early in the game, got the rest and care I needed, and maybe LTD, i think I would be better off. Do you know that your job can fire you without a reason? They only need to pay you the appropriate amount of severance. So, being off sick can cause you to be fired. The only way you can fight that [unless union or contract] is by claiming a disability. Hope it never comes to that with you, but if you are eligible for std or ltd, do seriously consider it. I don't think you have to be specific with your employer about what is wrong.

19. smyle4moi

smyle4moi New Member

I just turned 34....i think ill stop....actually, i am 9...9th anniversary of my 25th birthday!! LOL anniversaries are much nore fun! i have fms and am in middle of very bad flare so ill keep it short...it is sooooo nice to have aplace where others "get it" noone here does....Lori
  20. djfreespirit

djfreespirit New Member

hi all my 1st time here hope u r all well as can be with DD's etc,etc.

i am 32 will be 33 on june 21st (same dates as ALLHART msg here)though it will be a miracle if i make it to my birthday if my hormones and docs etc have anything to do with it!!!! lol

i have FMS,wolfe parkinson white syndrome,PMS,TMJD,superior oblique myokymia, hypermobile joints,blah,blah,blah.

Am boring myself now,lol,so welcome all. I look forward to chatting soon love & hugs

[ advertisement ]